• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky |OT| Just Pretend it's Mana-Khemia 3

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
You gotta have the "Relic Change" field event and Dowsing Rod with Amazing Relics active to get the best traits.

Where and what relics are you farming?

I decided to consult a guide and have found that the best place to farm for those traits is in the Lab of Eternity Garden map with dowsing rod. :)

But yeah, I've only got 180 days left so I'm not sure I'll finish making the stuff I need in time. orz

ohlawd

yeah that's fine. Natural Extracts are great in that it can be used to craft almost anything easily.

some of the best traits for items like Jumbo Blessing aren't available until the final dungeon.

Jisgsaw

I decided to consult a guide and have found that the best place to farm for those traits is in the Lab of Eternity Garden map with dowsing rod. :)

But yeah, I've only got 180 days left so I'm not sure I'll finish making the stuff I need in time. orz

If it's for the bosses at the end of the world, you really don't need the very best traits.
But I didn't try the powered up final boss, for him it may be usefull.

ohlawd

Having the best traits on your bombs and potentially being able to 2HKO the final boss instead of a 3-4HKO is the difference between success and failure.

and some luck.

RurouniZel

yeah that's fine. Natural Extracts are great in that it can be used to craft almost anything easily.

some of the best traits for items like Jumbo Blessing aren't available until the final dungeon.

Yeah I'm still trying to get that one! FINALLY got Perpetual Motion last night. :D

ohlawd

oh yeah guys, when you have Jumbo Blessing on your item don't use Compression.

Compression lowers the synth days and the equip cost by one. It's a 200% boost with 5 slots but just 128% with 4 slots.

RurouniZel

oh yeah guys, when you have Jumbo Blessing on your item don't use Compression.

Compression lowers the synth days and the equip cost by one. It's a 200% boost with 5 slots but just 128% with 4 slots.

Good to know! (=゚ω゚)ノ

Did you guys pick up the 15k teleport staff? It seems awfully expensive and I assume I will be able to synthesize one myself eventually.

Year 3 spoilers:
I genuinely thought the game was going to end after three years. In hindsight, I really should've known better. So that's why I couldn't find recipes for better armor and weapons!

Tohsaka

I finished the game as Escha last night and got all the available endings for her. I want to replay it as Logy for the true ending, but I think I'm going to wait until the Wilbell DLC is out. I have a backlog to get through anyway, so the wait will be good.

I started the game today and already put 8,5 hours into it. It's been a while since I've done that... It's the first Atelier game I really play and I'm really fond of it already. I've done three big missions so far, and I'm cleaning up missions from the third period now. Tomorrow I'll be rolling into year 2.

The only weird thing is that the trophies are in Japanese? That's kinda lame since I can't understand what they are.

RurouniZel

I give in, I can't beat the final boss even with epic equips. I'm clearly doing something wrong because she gets 500 million turns and for devastating damage.

Vylash

I can't even get past the bird, I kept getting close but he just kept healing every turn and he eventually overwhelmed me

RurouniZel

I can't even get past the bird, I kept getting close but he just kept healing every turn and he eventually overwhelmed me

*chibi Miku hug* He's hard at that point, definitely.

Man though, I wouldn't even be trying to defeat this 99 lv. bitch version if I didn't want to platinum the game. >>; <<;

... I guess it'll have to be saved for another run.

Tohsaka

If you're playing as Escha, make a Knowledge Book. I was having trouble with that boss until I made a couple and it was much easier after that.

Jisgsaw

If you're playing as Escha, make a Knowledge Book. I was having trouble with that boss until I made a couple and it was much easier after that.

And if you're playing as Logy, make the Torrent Blitz.
Use any of the two as Dual Draw II, and he should fall.

*chibi Miku hug* He's hard at that point, definitely.

Man though, I wouldn't even be trying to defeat this 99 lv. bitch version if I didn't want to platinum the game. >>; <<;

... I guess it'll have to be saved for another run.

Yeah, that boss and the Lvl.99 trophy will be the reason Eschatology will be my first Atelier I won't platinum :'(

Volcynika

What carries over in NG+ anyways? I'm curious.

Also, I haven't really seen much in the way of typos (or just not noticed them) until I got to the final year:

BjWHgz1IEAANgtJ.jpg

Tecmo Koei pls.

RurouniZel

Man, I really hope acttil step up their game for the next one. Not the best first impression from them, fo' sho.

Yeah, if I have one major criticism about the game it's the translation thus far.

Many items describe "reducing" when they mean "expanding", and L being small and S being large just throws me for a constant loop. >>; Also spent a long time looking for a "Meteor" trait when they meant "Falling Stars" or something. >>;

ohlawd

-The battle equipment you have on your characters will carry over
-Cole sorta passes over. When the game is finished, it will show a status report of the things you've done. I say sorta because I'm not sure if the money you receive is a mere accumulation of all the stipends you've gotten with a bonus or it's your current cole plus extra or what. I received 320k on my 1st run for use on my 2nd run. Expect a similar amount, I guess.
-Your adventure equips do not carry over at first. Later in your NG+, you can give 100k to Marion as part of that research thing to get your equipped items back. Only the items on Escha and Logy will pass over. Yes, I just said the same thing twice. Got 50 Crafts in your bag but they're not equipped? They won't transfer.
-You can transfer route exclusive items but you can't make them there. For example, you can't make Escha's uber book on Logy's side so if you passed it over but it has bad traits then uhhh yeah

Getting to lvl 99 doesn't take that long. You still get experience while capped at 50. Kiill high level field event bosses at Western Reaches. Equip that Tarot of Fate accessory with the best exp property (water?) on your reserve character and lots of Mystery Lanterns.

Levels don't matter much when fighting the hard version of the final boss.

Vylash

Decimated the boss thanks to the knowledge book, but now i've only got like 100 days to completely redo my weapons and armor

RurouniZel

So, starting Logy's side now.

I do not like his music. Escha's Atelier, Battle, and Victory music are all better IMO. :mad:

Rarutos

Yeah, if I have one major criticism about the game it's the translation thus far.;

I think the translation is fine so far! It's the editing that probably needs to step up. So many little typos here and there and dumb mistakes in the traits/properties.

Jisgsaw

-Cole sorta passes over. When the game is finished, it will show a status report of the things you've done. I say sorta because I'm not sure if the money you receive is a mere accumulation of all the stipends you've gotten with a bonus or it's your current cole plus extra or what. I received 320k on my 1st run for use on my 2nd run. Expect a similar amount, I guess.

The cole you have at the ends stacks with the one you get from the final count.
So just by selling everything that you have, you should have at least around 100k coles.
Plus the endgame reward mentioned by ohlawd ( I got a bit over 300k), you'll have enough to not worry about money on the second playthrough, which is nice.

Tohsaka

I think the translation is fine so far! It's the editing that probably needs to step up. So many little typos here and there and dumb mistakes in the traits/properties.

Yeah, the quality of the actual translation was good in general. There were a ton of typos and bad descriptions for items, though. One of the tasks asks you to make something that doesn't even exist. Also, there are two anime cutscenes that don't have subtitles towards the end of the game. It really needed more QA before release.

RurouniZel

That's what I mean, I apologize if I used the wrong term. orz

The scenario I'm imagining is two teams tackled different tasks but didn't get together to cross-reference. ^^;

Goddamn the optional bosses are really goddamned hard. I have a Knowledge Book and all new weapons/armor (lvl30+ weapons with 4-God and 4-Heaven, some also with Follow-Up or whatever, and similar armor but not as good properties), and the FIRST boss at Ends of the Earth wreck me. I managed to get off a Double Draw II with Knowledge Book at the end of the chain, only to have the asshole heal for TWENTY EIGHT THOUSAND DAMAGE. Between that, the stupid strength-sapping environment that cuts HP in half, the awful "you're taking too long" mystical events that seem to double the boss's attack/defense/whatever, AND the constant speed increases that eventually allow the boss to perform five or six attacks in a row before you can do anything else, this dungeon isn't goddamned fucking around. Easily harder than everything in Ayesha, and then some. I... I don't really know what to do now. I guess I'll hit up the Fallen Ruins and hope the (likely) boss waiting there isn't nearly so hard.

Christhor

The scenario I'm imagining is two teams tackled different tasks but didn't get together to cross-reference. ^^;

What I imagine is that they were just too few people and ran out of time. From what as I recall, acttil only consists of three people. That's pretty few people for such a big project as this in less than a year.

Durante

Does it make sense to buy the Heavenly Spirits from the
Homunculus Vendor
? In my experienceeverything that saves you money in an Atelier game is a good thing so I'm tempted to buy it. But it' a lot of money (for where I currently am in the game). I'm in year 2, 6/18, do I get the recipe soon?

Edit: Disregard that, I didn't notice that he doesn't even stock the item.

Anyway, I think this is my favourite alchemy system in any Atelier game so far (and thus my favourite crafting system in any game period). The way that you have to balance getting points to use for skills vs. getting good element values vs. getting your desired properties, and how much smart skill application order can influence the outcome are great. Powering up a good item and then adding it twice feels very rewarding.

ohlawd

Goddamn the optional bosses are really goddamned hard. I have a Knowledge Book and all new weapons/armor (lvl30+ weapons with 4-God and 4-Heaven, some also with Follow-Up or whatever, and similar armor but not as good properties), and the FIRST boss at Ends of the Earth wreck me. I managed to get off a Double Draw II with Knowledge Book at the end of the chain, only to have the asshole heal for TWENTY EIGHT THOUSAND DAMAGE. Between that, the stupid strength-sapping environment that cuts HP in half, the awful "you're taking too long" mystical events that seem to double the boss's attack/defense/whatever, AND the constant speed increases that eventually allow the boss to perform five or six attacks in a row before you can do anything else, this dungeon isn't goddamned fucking around. Easily harder than everything in Ayesha, and then some. I... I don't really know what to do now. I guess I'll hit up the Fallen Ruins and hope the (likely) boss waiting there isn't nearly so hard.

here's the other optional boss . Down after one attack from Threia (isn't even necessary >_>) and one round of Double Draw II. 75k damage at the end, again with a lame Logy bomb and good traits on Escha's book. Good traits on items in Escha rules the roost.

warning: toaster quality (as always) and shaky, mang

Eusis

Yeah, the quality of the actual translation was good in general. There were a ton of typos and bad descriptions for items, though. One of the tasks asks you to make something that doesn't even exist. Also, there are two anime cutscenes that don't have subtitles towards the end of the game. It really needed more QA before release.
I can freely rewatch the movies in the Atelier, right? I thought I saw a movie option anyway, but if I misremembered (badly) I may have to switch to English just to ensure I don't miss anything.

I actually wonder how much of it could be on Gust/TK. I know that apparently sometimes (often?) Japanese developers will treat the first submitted English script as the one to use and disregard updated new ones.

here's the other optional boss . Down after one attack from Threia (isn't even necessary >_>) and one round of Double Draw II. 75k damage at the end, again with a lame Logy bomb and good traits on Escha's book. Good traits on items in Escha rules the roost.

warning: toaster quality (as always) and shaky, mang

Yeah, looks like trying to do this with level 55 characters is the real problem--both your support attack damage and HP/MP totals are at least double mine. I can't tell if item damage is somehow also linked to character level or if the much higher Knowledge Book damage is due to the higher multiplier (I've never seen it go above 300% before).

ohlawd

Yeah, looks like trying to do this with level 55 characters is the real problem--both your support attack damage and HP/MP totals are at least double mine. I can't tell if item damage is somehow also linked to character level or if the much higher Knowledge Book damage is due to the higher multiplier (I've never seen it go above 300% before).
My accessories has traits that raise my stats and stuff. Got lazy though so they only have +10 and 15 to all stats except res. Plus another 30 from Sunlight and Moonlight Soul together.

Tackling these bosses at lvl 50 or 75 or 99 didn't make any difference to me.

My accessories has traits that raise my stats and stuff. Got lazy though so they only have +10 and 15 to all stats except res. Plus another 30 from Sunlight and Moonlight Soul together.

Tackling these bosses at lvl 50 or 75 or 99 didn't make any difference to me.

I am constantly amazed at how much better you are at this game than I am, despite me having played four of these so far. I'm not even sure where you get Sunlight and Moonlight Soul as traits! Back to the cauldron for me.

Rarutos

I am constantly amazed at how much better you are at this game than I am, despite me having played four of these so far. I'm not even sure where you get Sunlight and Moonlight Soul as traits! Back to the cauldron for me.

You won't find them via synthesizing. You have to relic search + dowsing rod with amazing relics for them in some places. :(

I just finished Logy's story last night and got all the possible endings I could. Time for some Escha~

Are you using the same properties? The best for damage is, AFAIK:
Super Properties
Cost Bonus
Jumbo Blessing

Dice//

Banned
Yeah, if I have one major criticism about the game it's the translation thus far.

Many items describe "reducing" when they mean "expanding", and L being small and S being large just throws me for a constant loop. >>; Also spent a long time looking for a "Meteor" trait when they meant "Falling Stars" or something. >>;

That sounds like a major, major issue.

Can they patch typos? :p

Jisgsaw

No, I beat them on Lvl 51, and I've far from optimal bombs/equipment...

I'd guess you either don't have good traits on your items/equiment, or simply don't have good armor/accessory.
The best Phoenix Bracelets help a lot in both those fights. Oh, and an auto-Elixir is always usefull.

You don't even need the absolute best traits.
On your bombs, go with something with huge additional damage, and other traits that boost the power (be it the bomb improvement things, cost level squared * 4% or things like that).
In double draw II, I can two or three shot both these bosses, which frankly is fast enough with decent armor/accessories.

Vylash

Man, managed to beat
Flameau
and
Altegewalt
the latter of which being the closest fight I've ever had, somehow Lucille of all people managed to kill it on what was pretty much my last turn before death

Eusis

That sounds like a major, major issue.

Can they patch typos? :p
Normally you'd be able to, but each game is different. Sounds like there's a lot of text stuff that needs to be patched anyway though if they have instances like not playing subtitles during some movies.

I takes it TK hasn't said anything about this? Not that I expect TK America to say anything (ever, for any reason), but maybe TK Europe.

Top Bottom