• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland |OT| - Alchemy, Barrels, and Patches for Bugs

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Durante said:
This is bullshit, the game looks just fine. It has 4xAA and thus looks a lot less messy than many PS360 titles, never mind PS2. The textures are low-res and the models are stylized, but certainly not more so than most PS2 games.
I really appreciated the AA in the game. Everything looked damn smooth and it was wonderful.

Einbroch

Banned
So, uh, this game is AWESOME.

I'm loving how it's like two completely different games. Maybe it's a bit shallow in terms of combat and fetch quests can be a little repetitive, but I love the characters and world.

Seriously, I'm really, really liking this game. I thought it'd be "meh", but it's pretty dang good!

daffy

Banned
I can't figure out where to find the cannon, help? I think I've missed some stuff...

I didn't find the recipe book for bomb, cannons, and barrels yet. And when I use the bombs to explode the walls the health stops before it destroys, and then it recovers immediately... :/

I hit the deadline with one barrel submitted and the assignment guy sat us on our asses..

edit: nevermind, figured it out !

Rarutos

In hype mode for Totori, so I started up a second playthrough with New Game+. Money really does make things a lot easier! Also, I noticed that I've been taking a lot longer to get through parts of the game because I'm being more efficient... Making sure to defeat each enemy every time I enter an area, as well as checking the front desk whenever time passes, even if it's just 1 day. Already got Sterk, Cordelia, Iksel, Hagel, and Esty at 50%+ relationship points/trust. Tiffani is almost there, but she kept asking for those mushrooms that are hard to come by. :(

Going to try to get my Platinum for the game before Totori comes out! Since it's been about a year since I've played, everything feels a bit fresh too. Also, I'm still having quite a bit of fun with it! So excited for Totori. <3

Jucksalbe

Banned
Rarutos said:
Going to try to get my Platinum for the game before Totori comes out! Since it's been about a year since I've played, everything feels a bit fresh too. Also, I'm still having quite a bit of fun with it! So excited for Totori. <3

I'm trying the same right now. Looking at some FAQs I'm kinda overwhelmed by all the stuff you have to watch to get the different endings. I only got the Normal Ending when I finished it the first time.

Rarutos

Jucksalbe said:
I'm trying the same right now. Looking at some FAQs I'm kinda overwhelmed by all the stuff you have to watch to get the different endings. I only got the Normal Ending when I finished it the first time.
I got the Cordelia end the first time! Once I realized how you can optimize the amount of time you have, it was pretty easy to get 100 Friendship with all the NPCs! The money in NG+ helps a bit in the beginning too, but after a while, you realize you don't even really need that money. It helps with buying ingredients at first, but all the shop ingredients don't have any attributes so they won't be enhanced in anyway. :eek:

photosmall.png

Anywho, I finally got my Platinum today after a week! The Rich end was the last one, since I had to reload a save from the beginning of the third year to avoid triggering any character ending flags...

Jucksalbe

Banned
Rarutos said:
The money in NG+ helps a bit in the beginning too, but after a while, you realize you don't even really need that money. It helps with buying ingredients at first, but all the shop ingredients don't have any attributes so they won't be enhanced in anyway. :eek:
At least it helps in finishing quests and assignments fast. And as soon as you can register stuff you can have all the enhancements you want. How much money did you have by the beginning of year 3? Is it easy to get the million?

Rarutos said:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/darkk1rby/Photos/photosmall.png
Congratulations. I'm still on it. I'm now somewhere in October of the second year with all but three characters on 100%, Trust Level at 80%. I hope getting the endings will be as smooth as the guides make it out to be.
Is it normal to encounter freezes with this game? Already had three in this playthrough alone, last one cost me about an hour of my playtime. I hope it's not my PS3.

Deeku

Just thought I'd chime in and say that I also thought this game was extremely fun, and kinda refreshing. Pity I don't have time to replay it for different endings and what not.

But yeah, I'm hyped for Totori as well! Just waiting for playasia to open preorders.

Durante

Coxy said:
Grats on the plat, I'm super hyped for Totori, will anyone be doing an OT for it?
I will. Unless somebody else really wants to. I would have made one for Rorona but I was banned at the time :p

Volcynika

Durante said:
I will. Unless somebody else really wants to. I would have made one for Rorona but I was banned at the time :p

Go for it. You make good stuffs, mang. I'm working on another OT anyways.

Ravage

Rarutos said:
Anywho, I finally got my Platinum today after a week! The Rich end was the last one, since I had to reload a save from the beginning of the third year to avoid triggering any character ending flags...

Congrats! :)

I'm one play through away from the Platinum trophy.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Does anyone know how to get that event with Lionela on Traveler's Way? I've been trying to get this for some time now, but it won't show up.

Edit: Found it. Seems I was still missing one scene before that. :)

Rarutos

Thanks for the congrats guys! It was well worth it! And kept me busy while getting more hype for Totori all the same.

Jucksalbe said:
Congratulations. I'm still on it. I'm now somewhere in October of the second year with all but three characters on 100%, Trust Level at 80%. I hope getting the endings will be as smooth as the guides make it out to be.
Is it normal to encounter freezes with this game? Already had three in this playthrough alone, last one cost me about an hour of my playtime. I hope it's not my PS3.
Getting all of the endings really was as smooth as the guides made it out to be, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I made sure to make split saves before each assignment regardless, just in case I made a mistake or something.

And yes it is. SAVE OFTEN. I got at least one freeze a day, it was ridiculous. During my Rich End run, it froze twice in a row in Orthogalaxen too. I really hope Totori is better bug tested. :\

Jucksalbe

Banned
I now have seen every ending except for the Rich Ending. :)
What's the easiest and fastest way to get the million? Exploiting Spring Cups seems very tedious.

And I wouldn't hold my breath for Totori. Gust was never very good at finding bugs.

Edit: Platinum! Now I can finally move on to Disgaea 4. :)

Hobbun

I’m finally going to be playing this game due to the release of Totori. I had heard there were some bugs associated with this release, have they been patched by now (hopefully)?

Hobbun

So I take it hasn't been patched, or no one knows...?

Edit: Ok, just saw this:

Rarutos said:
And yes it is. SAVE OFTEN. I got at least one freeze a day, it was ridiculous. During my Rich End run, it froze twice in a row in Orthogalaxen too. I really hope Totori is better bug tested. :\

That kind of sucks, was hoping this was fixed by now. From what I understand, Japan was actually patched, why not NA?

I also really hope Totori has better QC.

Finally started playing this now I've got a few days off work. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it much because of the time management aspect and the uninspiring battle system, but it's been surprisingly entertaining so far. Also the characters/locales/aesthetics are so charming it makes me want to vomit (in a good way).

Pretty much set on using Cordelia and Iksel throughout the game unless there's a stunningly good reason not to. I'm not hunting for endings or anything like that.

Finished the game with the Adventurer ending. Overall, it was good fun, more so when I stopped running around checking on job requests etc all the time and just went with the flow. I can't bring myself to start planning out events / time management and all that for the 'ultimate' endings in any of these games. Doing max S-link runs in the Personas has killed that part of me completely.

Next up, Totori. Though I plan to play that closer to Merurururu's release.

vall03

just finished the game a while ago and got the True Ending, played only for around 20+ hours which I greatly enjoyed. For some reason Im still not satisfied after that first playthrough though. Im thinking of getting the Platinum, the game is not that hard anyway, but for some reason it feels really tedious managing every single thing you're going to do and then be disappointed for a missed event/scene/flag.

I also have the option of going through Totori then Meruru, but something really doesnt feel right with just one playthrough. Will decide later whether to play more or not...

Top Bottom