• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Totori |OT| - Adventuring in Arland

Well, Amazon now shows as Shipping Soon and the charge is on my account now, so I guess them receiving it yesterday or this morning was accurate.

Managed to get mine, they literally only sent a single copy to the store where I work (along with one pre-order artbook). Even with other niche releases we always get 3-6 copies so I'm quite disappointed by that.

Rarutos

My game finally shipped from NISA! Thank the gods! Hopefully I get it tomorrow since I live about an hour away from NISA's base of operations.

Woot woot! Got a shipping notification from NISA! I'll probably get it on Monday or Tuesday, since I can't be that lucky to get it in one day.

Takuya

Banned
The hell, people who ordered after me seem to be getting their games shipped and mine's still pending fulfillment and been charged on my CC a few days ago.. =\

Noxie

Neo Member
Mine hasn't shipped yet either, but I preordered late so it makes sense. Glad to see they're finally going out though! Hopefully they get to shipping mine tomorrow.

Mine still hasn't shipped from NIS. After getting Disgaea 4 almost a week early, I thought the same thing would happen. If I knew it wasn't going to ship until October, I would have just ordered on Amazon. :l

Jay Sosa

awesome op! even though ive never played any atelier title (own two but havent had time to play them yet) im pretty hyped. non linear and more adventureous always sound good in my book.

hosannainexcelsis said:
That is a pretty awesome video. But do realize it's from Atelier Meruru, the sequel to Totori.
Had no idea since I don't really know anything. The OP is also a bit lacking on the details.

Ravage

Wow Gust really upgraded their presentation. Everything in Totori is a HUGE step up from Rorona visually. I was literally grinning like an idiot for the first few hours into the game, everything looks so lovely and clean :)

Rarutos

Jucksalbe said:
Is that Sterk? Judging from this video the atmosphere in Meruru seems quite different from Rorona.
Yep, that's Sterk! And the atmosphere doesn't seem too different to me to be honest! Unless you mean the graphics, because in Rorona, all the 3D models were chibified really! They took quite a step up in Totori if you didn't see~

Quixzlizx

Rarutos said:
Yep, that's Sterk! And the atmosphere doesn't seem too different to me to be honest! Unless you mean the graphics, because in Rorona, all the 3D models were chibified really! They took quite a step up in Totori if you didn't see~

It was kind of off-putting when Rorona looked 13-14 in her character portrait, but 8-9 in her in-game model, or how Sterk looked like a mascot character. I'm glad they changed that in the later games.

Rarutos

Quixzlizx said:
It was kind of off-putting when Rorona looked 13-14 in her character portrait, but 8-9 in her in-game model, or how Sterk looked like a mascot character. I'm glad they changed that in the later games.
Indeed, though it's understandable since Rorona was GUST's first foray into the 3D modeling business. They improved quite a lot in between Rorona and Totori for sure! I wonder if their experience on Ar tonelico III helped?

Edit: IT'S HERE!!!

412350077.jpg

Now my life will be at a standstill for the next few days~

Takuya

Banned
Still no confirmation from NISA, and order still says Pending Fulfillment. Guess ordering within the first hour doesn't make a difference huh.

Sonicbug

I'm still waiting for my order to ship from Amazon. I'll be playing Dark Souls long before Totori even gets here. *sigh*

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Trying to import the premium edition from cduniverse. They sent an e-mail saying it was late, but now I see an oct 3 release. If that fails I can try videogamesplus.

Or maybe I should just get the regular edition from amazon.co.uk. Decisions, decisions.

I'm not in a particular hurry since I'm still playing Xenoblade (long game is really long).

Rarutos

Aaah~ The game is so much fun! I can't believe how relaxed it seems compared to both Rorona and Annie, you pretty much have the first three months to dick around! Apparently that was just the introduction though, I'm surprised that they chose to eat so much time with it! The game does take place within 5 years though, so I suppose time is going to go by faster. :eek:

atomsk

Party Pooper
Sonicbug said:
I'm still waiting for my order to ship from Amazon. I'll be playing Dark Souls long before Totori even gets here. *sigh*

They charged me and I'm now "shipping soon", so it's already going better than the Persona 2 debacle

But I'm looking forward to Dark Souls a bit more

xero273

looks like amazon got their copies of totori. Still didn't charge men yet since it is the weekend I guess. Hopefully, they ship out on Monday.

Deeku

Rarutos said:
Indeed, though it's understandable since Rorona was GUST's first foray into the 3D modeling business. They improved quite a lot in between Rorona and Totori for sure! I wonder if their experience on Ar tonelico III helped?

Edit: IT'S HERE!!!

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/darkk1rby/Photos/412350077.jpg[IMG]

Now my life will be at a standstill for the next few days~[/QUOTE]
Nice!

Those posters look pretty cool.

Rarutos

Totori is more relaxing, yet more strict at the same time. Gathering and fighting takes time, but at the same time, you don't get any constant assignments and are allowed to go at your own pace to raise adventurer rank! Also, traveling around the world map really is what takes the most time in the whole game! It kind of hurts to see the days burn out so quickly, especially since Rorona was a lot busier and you never see more than 10 or 15 days go at a time.

It's still fun regardless though! I just have to get it in my head that the game wants you to actually relax and do things at your own pace (especially in the first playthrough) than try to do absolutely everything you can.

Also, I never feel like it's the right time to synthesize items!

So my first experience with the Atelier series was actually Atelier Annie. Loved it, and played the shit out of it.

Got Rorona and hated it. Compared to Annie, it was overly complicated, convoluted, and the plot was lame, slow, and unhumorous.

I loved Annie's streamlined engine, and the simple humor (though shallow) that Annie presented.

With that in mind, will I like Totori? (though I already preordered it for all the cool premium items)

Rarutos

radiantdreamer said:
So my first experience with the Atelier series was actually Atelier Annie. Loved it, and played the shit out of it.

Got Rorona and hated it. Compared to Annie, it was overly complicated, convoluted, and the plot was lame, slow, and unhumorous.

I loved Annie's streamlined engine, and the simple humor (though shallow) that Annie presented.

With that in mind, will I like Totori? (though I already preordered it for all the cool premium items)
If you didn't like Rorona because it was complicated... Probably not. Totori kind of gets more complicated than Rorona, but at the same time, it's more free since there's no deadlines or anything. Who knows, you may actually like it anyway?

rykomatsu

kyubajin said:
Btw, has anyone played an imported version of Meruru? Critics say it's the best in the series so far and it looks impressive, almost like Eternal Sonata :D
Meruru looks better, but I enjoyed Totori a bit more. Totori's story, imho, is a lot better, and feels far more relaxed in pacing. Meruru brings the grand cast which in and of itself is great.

Noxie

Neo Member
My copy finally shipped! I don't live too far from NISA so I'm hoping it gets here on Monday; the wait is sort of killing me now.

Bebpo

Banned
I really like the graphical jump that Totori brings. Rorona was kind of ...iffy looking imo. Totori actually looks like PS3 game (albeit with a low budget).

froliq

It seems this game has released in europe aswell. Release was 30 september. I think I will stick to the PAL version. Not really interested in the CE that NA gets. I'm a sucker for artbooks, but I'd prefer the Rorona kind of CE with the hardcover artbook. Shame I didn't get it though. :(

matmanx1

Got my shipping notification yesterday. May or may not arrive this week due to my location and my use of the free shipping option but it's nice to know it's on the way.

Rarutos said:
If you didn't like Rorona because it was complicated... Probably not. Totori kind of gets more complicated than Rorona, but at the same time, it's more free since there's no deadlines or anything. Who knows, you may actually like it anyway?

I think my main problem with Rorona was the terrible interface/layouts. It was tedious to synth stuff, to move things around, etc. It became much of a chore that I didn't want to deal with it anymore. In Annie, everything felt quick and snappy.

Durante

I really hope my copy arrives soon, had I known that the EU release was basically at the same date I'd have bought it locally. Well, at least this way I'll get the LE.

Takuya said:
Still no confirmation from NISA, and order still says Pending Fulfillment. Guess ordering within the first hour doesn't make a difference huh.
i'm in the same boat ...

it's PENDING ... thank god i have a huge backlog ..

Ramune

Well this is odd. I had to cancel my order from NISA Online store, because the first of the week bills I have to pay. I'd probably jump back in a few weeks later, but I had to see how things would pan out financially. Well they sent an e-mail saying it was cancelled. But Fast forward to today where I had a package waiting for me and low and behold it's freakin' Totori!

First I was :D
Then quickly D:

They haven't charged my CC, but still, someone else could have gotten more use out of it right now than me. I haven't even opened up my copy of Rorona, and I need to play that first before I dive into Totori anyway.

Only other time something like this happened was when NCS sent me 2 copies of Dreamcast Capcom vs. SNK 2/Fan Disc. Probably tell them to ship it back. Has this happened to anyone else?

Top Bottom