• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Totori |OT| - Adventuring in Arland

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I got the game. I took some silly pictures. The things I'll do for a cheap laugh...

zel_gets_a_game__takes_photos_by_studiozel-d4bqgib.jpg

Ramune

Pretty much how mine looked when I opened the package. What's the orange code on the posters' wrapping for?

I'm loving the game, but I'm playing with a fear that
I won't be able to reach the rank needed to go on after the 3rd year.
Should I relax more? The days seem to go too fast!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Ramune said:
Pretty much how mine looked when I opened the package. What's the orange code on the posters' wrapping for?

Probably some product code or something, I dunno.

commanderdeek said:
How are the posters by the way? Because it doesn't look like play-asia have them with the LE.

The one I have is a double-sided poster. So technically two posters, but one thing so you have to pick a side if you're going to hang it.

Hmm, wonder if I can dl the american DLC and use it with my american copy on my UK account, will be interesting to see what happens (probably wont work..)

Rarutos

commanderdeek said:
How are the posters by the way? Because it doesn't look like play-asia have them with the LE.
It's an NISA Store only-bonus.

=GabrielKnight= said:
I'm loving the game, but I'm playing with a fear that
I won't be able to reach the rank needed to go on after the 3rd year.
Should I relax more? The days seem to go too fast!
Relax! I got to Diamond Rank before year three without even trying.

RurouniZel said:
Probably some product code or something, I dunno.
I don't think it's a product code to be honest. Maybe it's just what number the poster is or something.

kyo_daikun said:
Hmm, wonder if I can dl the american DLC and use it with my american copy on my UK account, will be interesting to see what happens (probably wont work..)
Nope! Won't work. 'Sides Europe is getting all the DLC on the 5th.

Durante

kyo_daikun said:
I've done just that for 4 or 5 games, worked every time. I can't say for certain yet if it's the same for Totori, but I don't see a reason why it wouldn't.

Rarutos said:
Actually, using the EU DLC with a US copy almost certainly won't work.

Rarutos

Durante said:
I've done just that for 4 or 5 games, worked every time. I can't say for certain yet if it's the same for Totori, but I don't see a reason why it wouldn't.
Really? I was always told that DLC was region-locked...

Edit: Oh, derp. I just realized what he meant. Yeah it'll work. I really gotta stop posting in the middle of the night...

Durante

Rarutos said:
Really? I was always told that DLC was region-locked...
Exactly, it's locked to the same region as the game.

(More specifically, DLC is assigned to a specific game ID, and NTSC/US and PAL releases have different IDs)

Rarutos

Durante said:
Exactly, it's locked to the same region as the game.

(More specifically, DLC is assigned to a specific game ID, and NTSC/US and PAL releases have different IDs)
Yeah, I just misunderstood! Apologies. I'm more tired than I thought!

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
My copy just came in. Got here pretty fast for an import game. Almost cancelled it since local shops were selling the pal version almost 1 week early, but it was still cheaper to import, not to mention the cheaper DLC as well since the dollar is weak.

So how do the DLC work ? I kinda want to get Cordelia, are they available as soon as you buy the dlc, or is there some quest attached or something ?

Deeku

Rarutos said:
It's an NISA Store only-bonus.
Aww that sucks. What sucks more is that I still haven't bought a copy because play-asia sold out of LE's this morning. Looks like I'll be playing Dark Souls first then.

Coxy

commanderdeek said:
Aww that sucks. What sucks more is that I still haven't bought a copy because play-asia sold out of LE's this morning. Looks like I'll be playing Dark Souls first then.

videogamesplus.ca still has the CE if you want one
still waiting on my copy to arrive :(

Abylim

Wasnt too impressed with Rorona, soo close to liking it, but something just didnt click.

This seems like a more polished product, will pick it up tomorrow if my local game stores have it. (Fucking useless mostly, swear to god)

Deeku

Coxy said:
videogamesplus.ca still has the CE if you want one
still waiting on my copy to arrive :(
Hmmm, I might just wait for PA to get them back in stock, I'm sure they will anyway. I've ordered once from videogamesplus and it took forever to get to me.

Australia

Thanks anyway:)

Rarutos

Kandrick said:
So how do the DLC work ? I kinda want to get Cordelia, are they available as soon as you buy the dlc, or is there some quest attached or something ?
Basically, once you're able to talk to the characters regularly, they'll be recruitable. Sadly no cutscenes or anything are included, but it's still nice to be able to use good ol' Kuu-chan again.

Lain

Received my copy today along with ICO/SocT HD, but I'm thinking of starting this after at least replaying ICO.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Yay I got my cutecute copy today! Now I have to figure out how to get all them creases outta the poster! Its nice and big and cute and doublesided and free so I'm not complaining! I had forgotten about the artbook and was confused for a moment when something was still in the box after I got the game and cd out. *looks at box* Requires 1.2 gb?? Forced installs will be the death of me lol. I'll have to sit through that at a later date cause I'm in the middle of a big .hack-athon and can't very well go starting up another game right now!

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Played it for a bit tonight. I just leveled up my adventurer rank and recruited Mimi. Game looks better than Rorona, and is more fun to play too!

Rarutos

Finally getting used to the whole thing. In Year 4, and on the road to the end of the main story pretty much, although I still have a long way to go...

Traveler Shoes, Speed Gloves, and Sterk really make the game feel so much more relaxed. I can't wait to be able to make the Warp Gate so I can be even more so! But yes, I'm having a lot of fun with this as expected. I'm surprised I'm already close to finishing... I wonder what ending I'll get first.

Ken

So I was thinking of getting a PS3 for a friend who likes JRPGs. How is this game? It's not too hard or time-consuming/grindy is it?

Noxie

Neo Member
I just got my copy as well! Just about to start it but it's installing. The poster and the set are really nice, but I wish the artbook was a hardcover like Rorona's. Still very pretty though!

Finally got my copy! Just started it too.

I always love it when a game gives you an easy trophy right when you start the game.

Sonicbug

Game arrived yesterday and started playing today. Totori's english voice actor is pretty good.... but yikes at the stage coach driver, he sounds like he's 12.

It already seems more relaxed than Rorona, and the graphical upgrade is nice.

Rarutos

Izayoi said:
Anyone know? Am I going to be unlock this stuff by playing the game or is it purchase only?
You can't unlock it in-game. The battle characters are pretty much strictly for use in battle. Doesn't seem like they get any extra scenes or anything.

The BGM is really nice if you love Atelier music and want to spice up the themes in battles and the Ateliers.

Rarutos

Just beat the game with Sterk end tonight! Also pretty much ready to load up old saves to get Rorona, Marc, Gino, and Melvie endings too.

Totori's definitely my game of the year. <3

Coxy

My copy finally arrived, glad it got here for the weekend. Gonna beat it once and enjoy it in its original state, then download all the DLC and play it again

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
My premium edition has shipped from cduniverse.com. Probably gonna take 2 weeks to arrive. And will probably have to pay customs.

Coxy

Loving Melvia, very fun character. Dat Axe

Just started the second year
got back to Arland and upgraded my license, made some new gear and took out that griffon, woulda gotten mauled if Melvia wasnt such a beast

Cheska

Thinking about finally starting this today. So about how long is the average play through? Id love to beat this before Arkham City comes out.

Also, I took a look at the trophies, and most of them seem fairly easy to achieve in one play through besides the endings. Is that correct?

Top Bottom