• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlanta |OT| Donald Glover's New Show For FX - Tuesdays 10/9c

Ross61

I like the show a lot but I'm starting not to like Earn. He's kind of an asshole.

I'm a lot more interested in Paper Boi and Darius. Watching PB coming to terms with his growing fame is going to be amazing if the writing stays this good.
How is he an asshole?

FStop7

Banned
How is he an asshole?

It's still early but he comes across at times as pretty self-serving. He got called out by PB for it after he showed up at his house after not seeing him since PB's mom died. Vanessa's called him out on it, too. We're only a few episodes in so we'll see, I just don't want another McNulty-esque character in a series that I love.

Ross61

It's still early but he comes across at times as pretty self-serving. He got called out by PB for it after he showed up at his house after not seeing him since PB's mom died. Vanessa's called him out on it, too. We're only a few episodes in so we'll see, I just don't want another McNulty-esque character in a series that I love.
Eh, I liked Mcnulty. At least he knew his faults. Just didn't like how they reverted his character in the last season. And Earn has been shown to cared for other's more than he's cared for himself.

McNulty-esque characters are why I love those serieses. Have you seen Fleabag?

Not

Banned
Latest episode was great. Fucking loved Vanessa's reaction after that heartfelt speech by Earn. So many funny scenes in this one, which have already been quoted, but I especially liked the cut from them saying they can take care of the handcuff problem to the obviously simple solution. A classic setup and punchline but they had created such an atmosphere of tension and dread that it worked beautifully.

I am really enjoying this show.

Yeah that speech felt too real to me. I've said stalling bullshit like that to my significant other to excuse my assholery all the time.

Just had to pop in and echo most people's opinions. This show is so good. Love every episode so far. Darius is hilarious.

Hilarious Darius. Hi-def HD.

You thought we were lactose intolerant? Nahhh. Darius.

Caught up with episode three this morning. This show is great. Such a bizarre dynamic between humor, daily life, and some very dark moments. Fresh new show unlike anything else I watch on TV.

ZeroX03

Banned
I am super happy but does FX ever cancel a show after the first season? I didn't think there was a reason to be concerned. This is channel that still airs The Strain and Tyrant after all.

Man Seeking Woman got three seasons with nobody watching it, Atlanta has nothing to worry about.

There is no way this gets cancelled. Bless you FX.

I'm an idiot that doesn't read so the stuff posted above makes me look dumb.

Darius for President. That daddy/papi conversation must be based on a real conversation considering Glover dated Abella Anderson at one point...

ZeroX03

Banned
phcRfNN.png

It pains me that there are people who have no idea what "Terriors" is. FX's Firefly. :/
FX prez (or whatever the head position would be called) has said they regret canceling that and the boxing show. At least I think. They at least have a different philosophy now, I believe that Charlie Sheen deal helped them do whatever the fuck they want.

Damerman

i'm not as big a danny glover fan as i should be, so hopefully i like the show and hopefully i appreciate him more.

Top Bottom