• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hesemonni

Banned
Lol @
Sasha rippinng a giant fart.

In the end, I thought the lightning was just foreshadowing, but totally didn't expect the Colossal Titan to appear. Can't wait for next week!

ibuoDgQ2D5rUja.gif

Branduil

Attack on Titan 4

Another pretty low-budget episode, with lots of stills and off-model animation. It was still pretty effective, with tons of important character setup packed into the episode; Eren's speech was more effective in audiovisual form than I expected. Annie's introduction worked well, Sasha continues to be ridiculous, and Jean is hilariously transparent. Next week should be fun.

Soriku

I actually like the song in the beginning lol. Do we know the name of it yet? The song last week wasn't bad either. More cheesy vocals plz.

Sasha was badass in this ep. And shit gets real next week. I like how the end was dragged out a bit.

Arksy

I knew the scene before the ending was too good to be true but I sure am damn hyped for next week, also quick thinking by Sasha there. :D

I love that she's capable of that. Here is this ridiculous food freak and as soon as the shit hits the fan her hunter instinct kicks in. Everyone else was stunned. Not Sasha. She's now my favourite character.

I love that she's capable of that. Here is this ridiculous food freak and as soon as the shit hits the fan her hunter instinct kicks in. Everyone else was stunned. Not Sasha. She's now my favourite character.
I think it adds more to her character considering how she has been portrayed so far prior to that scene, not to mention that gif above.lol

On another note Krista/Christa(?) just had a cameo and no more screen time boooooo. :(

Drencrom

I like that the general didn't bring up any weaknesses regarding Mikasa "Mary Sue" Ackerman

EP4: decent episode, the ending was pretty surprising and hype

Holy shit at this anime. Thank you gaf, and duckroll for starting this thread. This is probably the first anime I've grown an interest for and immediately started watching in years.

Soriku

I like that the general didn't bring up any weaknesses regarding Mikasa "Mary Sue" Ackerman

Well, she is perfect.

Holy shit at this anime. Thank you gaf, and duckroll for starting this thread. This is probably the first anime I've grown an interest for and immediately started watching in years.

Branduil was the one who created this thread, but yeah this show hooks you in pretty fast.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
That fucking hype moment at the end.

"
EVERY. FUCKING. ONE.
"

Feels good to unconditionally love an anime again.

Episode 4

This was a pretty great episode especially leading up to the conclusion of the episode. What happened their was completely random and stunned even me. Once again Sasha was awesome and funny, and now I don't not like Misaka anymore. I used to hate how she would say that she would follow Eren everywhere, and how she's his shadow. When she said that she just didn't want to lose the last of her family I could finally understand why she thinks that. I still don't like her saying it every second that she'll follow him, but at least I understand now. Can't wait for the next episode.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The ending of this episode got me hyped as fuck.

Same here Sasha is awesome.
Dat fart, lol!

Speaking of Evangelion...Ive never seen any of them ...are they worth it? and what order should I watch them in?

The original series (ending included) + The End of Evangelion OVA (retconned ending) + The Remakes (if you feel like it)

KmA

Ugh I should just stop watching this show for now and wait for the season to be over. Then, I can devour it all at once.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This is actually one show I'm fine watching week to week. Something about that isn't as objectionable as I thought it would be.

Episode 4 – Night of the Graduation Ceremony - Humanity Rises Again (2)
tumblr_mlz66etzJP1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mlz66etzJP1qbxqfpo2_500.png

I thought the episode was mostly enjoyable and entertaining. So glad the crew of ten is assembled and were ready to move on beyond training as the lack of action was making it feel a bit slow, not that I dont like watching chracters training but it needed quite a bit more funny moments and other moments to really show the cast building and enhancing their bonds and teamwork and such, to really let their personalities shine. The scenes worked mostly for Connie, and John Kirstein (most favorites of the cast), and then even, of course, Eren, but others didnt work too well, like Annie who just seemed quite atrocious and awful, and Mikasa seems like shes just there for the sake of it, and I still dont understand the purpose or need for Sasha Braus. I think the writer at times shows some promise with Eren but other times still fails.
He was defeated badly by the horrible Annie there, but then managed to at least make John fall, and he rose to the call of duty there at the end in glorious fashion taking on the leadership role and really showing that he will be and stay true to his word. Really deserved that and has been his best scene thus far. I hope he continues to be successful in these endeavours and many more, hoping that the Colossal Titan is destroyed badly next episode by Eren and maybe even Connie too. Though, I hope John and Connie dont die! Quitting.

Rivaille is an excellent addition and lives up to just all that I had hoped for him, hurry and meet Eren, please.

Minor, but why do Crunchyroll and Funimation still differ much at times :/ Makes it hard for names.
tumblr_mlz81dOfvK1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mlz81dOfvK1qbxqfpo2_500.png

When I saw the 3rd episode of this, I honestly thought Sasha had some kind of mysterious philosophy going on while being confronted about the potato she took and ate during introductions.

But nope. Just hungry comic relief.

Fantastic episode, loving the character development thus far.

Major spoiler?
But what's with the flashback when Eren was speaking about how humans are/aren't using weapons, etc, with the arrows and all?

What do you guys think are the chances (Just speculation)
That this takes place in the future? It seems like a plausible twist from the way that they present the outside world as this mysterious place. What else could be out there that would make the wait to see it worthwhile?

RangerBAD

What do you guys think are the chances (Just speculation)
That this takes place in the future? It seems like a plausible twist from the way that they present the outside world as this mysterious place. What else could be out there that would make the wait to see it worthwhile?

Certainly possible.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I've been out of anime for a while because most of it doesn't really appeal to me, but Attack on Titan has been hype. Hopefully it doesn't magically become incredibly stupid.

Also, Sasha Braun is hilarious.

Makoto

I found the
reveal of the Colossal Titan in Episode 4 to be funny, partly because of Eren saying he hasn't seen the Titan in 5 years which leads me to wonder why the Titan are taking their time to eradicate what's left of humanity.

I found the
reveal of the Colossal Titan in Episode 4 to be funny, partly because of Eren saying he hasn't seen the Titan in 5 years which leads me to wonder why the Titan are taking their time to eradicate what's left of humanity.

Yeah if they could just do that
Magically appear via science and lightning like that RIGHT in front of the wall
why werent they doing it before?

Subitai

Screw it.

If I can dig up enough time I'm going through the manga. The ending to episode 4 just pumped my adrenaline more than any story I can recently recall and I can't wait a week for episode 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom