• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Episode 4

Good episode, good faces, good pacing. Still a ton of stills, but I guess it's just the way they've decided to make this show. A lot of it seems stylistic, but it does feel cheap most of the time regardless. There are some really nice facial close ups this week, including a scene which looks right out of Death Note. Lol!

I hope people liked that cheesy song last week, because they have another one this week! Remember kids, training montages need stills + narration + cheesy vocal song! Lololol. The music in general is just so hilarious, it's hard to hate. I guess this is better than Sawano trying to do "epic music" again like he usually does. He seems more bearable when doing "over the top music" which I can pretend is parody. Suck it Sawano fans. :p

The end of the episode has some REALLY nice action, with great motion which feels really fast and dynamic. The action in the show is really impressive, but I fear it'll eventually kill all the people making this show. Next week is going to be a HUGE action episode, so I hope the studio is still alive after that.

Episode 4

I hope people liked that cheesy song last week, because they have another one this week! Remember kids, training montages need stills + narration + cheesy vocal song! Lololol. The music in general is just so hilarious, it's hard to hate. I guess this is better than Sawano trying to do "epic music" again like he usually does. He seems more bearable when doing "over the top music" which I can pretend is parody. Suck it Sawano fans. :p

The end of the episode has some REALLY nice action, with great motion which feels really fast and dynamic. The action in the show is really impressive, but I fear it'll eventually kill all the people making this show. Next week is going to be a HUGE action episode, so I hope the studio is still alive after that.

Cheesy vocal songs are a trademark of Sawano. There are a lot in Gundam Unicorn, Sengoku Basara, Guilty Crown, some dramas that he composes for.

I wonder if there will be a episode composed of only stills. Maybe they took some tips from David Production lol.

LogicStep

Episode 4

Good episode, good faces, good pacing. Still a ton of stills, but I guess it's just the way they've decided to make this show. A lot of it seems stylistic, but it does feel cheap most of the time regardless. There are some really nice facial close ups this week, including a scene which looks right out of Death Note. Lol!

What did I miss, why the doom and gloom? I love this show I hope it keeps going.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Episode 4

I'm glad they breezed by the training arc rather quickly. It always seemed to drag a bit when I read it in the manga. The end of this episode was really awesome and the next episode - as duckroll said - is when the real action starts and the series picks up steam fairly quickly after that.

Side note, Rivaille had a brief cameo... I don't know if I like his anime design as much...

Episode 4

Nice episode. The action at the end was so good. Next ep will be awesome.

Also lol at the animators switching Hannes emblem.

BIk1qk9.jpg
LENRoxH.jpg

Soma

Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 04
ibgZC90zczrRde.jpg

Delicious bread.

Pretty good episode. I glad that they're getting the training arc done first so the audience has a good feel for the main cast before the serious events begin to unfold. Annie's formal introduction scene was nice and Sasha continues to be a fun source of laughs. One little thing that I missed from the manga was that I kinda wish they kept that little conversation between
Rivaille and Hanji about him being a neat freak during their entrance.
I always loved that little dialogue for some reason. Oh and those last couple minutes were seriously full of hype.

Next week can't come soon enough.

dmr87

Been craving for some new anime, glad I found one. Also watching Suisei no Gargantia, not as good so far but decent enough.

Permanently A

Episode 4

I think its actually really good that they're skimping on all the conversation animation so the action sequences are awesome and fluid. I'm pumped for the next episode, it'll be our first action-packed one.

Wit is just throwing people at the show now.

Action confirmed, get hype

With most of the training arc out of the way, you first timers are in for a treat. It felt like it lasted forever in the manga. I couldn't imagine what I would think of the series if I picked up the manga when that stuff was being released monthly.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I thought I'd ask here - who is the narrator that narrates the opening and preview segments of the episodes? Is she someone that we know?

Arksy

I'm impatient so I went and read the manga... only to find out the manga is monthly and it currently ends on a cliffhanger :(

I need moooore

Bah. I'm not tempted at all to read the manga. Part of the charm of this show its fluid and dynamic action scenes. You can't match the sheer excitement of people whizzing around in a manga.

Jex

Speaking of Evangelion...Ive never seen any of them ...are they worth it? and what order should I watch them in?

To actually answer you question you watch the series then End of Evangelion.

If you want to watch the new Rebuild movies after that then by means, proceed. Just don't start there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom