• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp the shit definitely hit the fan and it reminds of Ga Rei Zero except they pulled it off on the first ep., as for SnK's case
either they are going to have a change of MC and this becomes the Armin/Mikasa show (which I doubt) or they have a lot of explaining to do as to how Eren survives this shit despite missing a leg and an arm and gets to fight titans in the future.

fertygo

I already read the manga years ago but forget most of it, back then I'm not thinking too much, but now its leave me a bad taste about future event. oh well..

And jebus next week we gonna thrown to random flashback? So much for anime fixing the manga pacing.

Naxx

This reaction vid of the end of ep5 is not mine, but it is same reaction that I had. I even had same question:
How the hell did he get there so fast?

I am not going to read the manga.

MarkusRJR

Oh baby. Just watched episode 5.

How the fuck do you kill the main character in the first 5 episodes? There's no way he's dead. No fucking way. There's gotta be some stupid "super power" he acquires and suddenly becomes god-tier or some bullshit, or at least that's what I expect.

Well I can't wait to see how this turns out, so off to read the manga! :D

Permanently A

A reminder for those who have read the manga: don't comment on speculation. If someone says "I bet X character dies next episode lol" and you reply "dude those are manga spoilers" well you've gone and spoiled them haven't you?

And for those wanting to speculate, its probably best that you say it is speculation and spoiler tag it anyways.

Defuser

This is Eren's VA. He sure looks similar lol

m3vrdObm.jpg

Naxx

Huh? I thought you knew and that's why you labeled it a spoiler? Shit. I thought it said manga spoilers.

I accidentally read that 1 line on wiki, but don't know how big of a deal it is because I shutdown my browser.

I hope I will still go: OH SHIT!

LogicStep

Yeah I watched this last night, what the fucking fuck?
I'm gonna assume the main character is really Mikasa and the show was just focused on Eren to fuck with our minds in this episode.

I was so mad by the ending of ep 5 that I had to go on the wiki to see what was up.

Epidoe 5 - Thoughts
Regardless, ep 5 was amazing. The animation was off the charts and I don't think I got such an adrenaline rush while watching an anime ever since I saw Gintoki fight the main baddies in Gintama. I hope Erin comes back because from what I'm hearing on this forum about Mikasa might have to be the MC predictions. I never liked her character and don't think I could keep watching it if she is the person I'll be following from now on. Though its sad to know that the next episode might be boring since it looks like it'll be a flashback.

Btw I love the way they move in this anime. It looks so cool.

Permanently A

I was so mad by the ending of ep 5 that I had to go on the wiki to see what was up.

Epidoe 5 - Thoughts
Regardless, ep 5 was amazing. The animation was off the charts and I don't think I got such an adrenaline rush while watching an anime ever since I saw Gintoki fight the main baddies in Gintama. I hope Erin comes back because from what I'm hearing on this forum about Mikasa might have to be the MC predictions. I never liked her character and don't think I could keep watching it if she is the person I'll be following from now on. Though its sad to know that the next episode might be boring since it looks like it'll be a flashback.

Btw I love the way they move in this anime. It looks so cool.

Don't look things up! Just watch the anime or read the manga if you're desperate.

I don't think the next episode will be a flashback, the manga didn't go into one.

chugen

Thanks to op for that thread, first anime i'm watching in many years and it's a very good one. episode 5 is incredible. Can't wait to see what is going to happen after that.

Fezan

Wow this show is fantastic. ep 5 end every one is talking about the best thing of the show is animation really need a lot of gifs

Wait, how are we catching this? Crunchyroll doesn't have today's episode yet. :-(

pirateship.gif

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On Topic, Episode 5. Holy crap, that was too damn amazing. But, regarding
the sudden twist and HUGE death,
I am pretty much shocked at this.
Does this mean that we have an unknown main character on our hands? The next episode will bring us into the childhood of someone. ( Tryin' to lower my spoils. ) Are we gonna focus on them for the anime? Or......what about POTATO GIRL???
Maybe I should read the manga.

Gaston

I guess it's up to Potato Girl to carry the show now...
. Seriously Episode 5, watching this show week by week is so painful and awesome.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Colossal Titan is the protagonist. No nobler purpose than eradicating annoying, whiny, one note caricatures by the hundreds of thousands.

Seriously guys, the episode hasn't been out a day nor has it come to any of the official English streaming sites. Easy on the unmarked spoilers.

I don't think he's dead, episode 2 he was having a dream of his father injecting him with something, also his father told him in episode 1 when he returns he will show him something, main character already gone through enough, he's alive...if he's dead then fuck this show changing main character would suck, Mikasa and Armin too fucking emo to be the main characters in a violent anime...

obin_gam

Colossal Titan is the protagonist. No nobler purpose than eradicating annoying, whiny, one note caricatures by the hundreds of thousands.

Sounds fantastic :D

I bet the humans must be really annoying critters ruining the nice countryside for the kind and humble titankind.

Once humanity is completely obliterated, the cute Titans can finally go back to doing cute things just as nature intended.

Permanently A

Oh a question for those who have read the manga regarding a scene in episode 5

(minor spoilers about episode 5)

Was the scene with Pixis and the Lord shown in the manga? I don't recall the lord even being shown in the manga yet

dan2026

Just seeing all you guys' predictions is incredible to me, who has caught up with the manga.

I'm honestly surprised you have managed to remain unspoiled, as this is the internet and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom