• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Enjoyed the episode. Good set-up to start the next arc, which is probably going to take place outside of the walls.

I also liked the new op. The ending was even better.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
OP2 is not so good...
The episode itself (14) was fine although I was hoping they'd take the extra time to improve the drawing...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I like the imagery of the second opening more, but I can't stand the song they used. I know they were trying to tread the line and have something modern but with gothic overtones but it just doesn't work for me. I think the opening is a little more genuine about what you're getting with the show though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Episode 14: Alright, after a dreadful recap episode, we are back and building towards the next arc. The entirety of events and the outcome was decided in a single episode and flowed at a good pace. Indeed, this episode really put into perspective how poorly paced the Defense of Trost really was. I will also note that Wit Studio is still having production issues as there was still a copious amount of still shots used. I wish to see more episodes like this, but I am not confident.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Oh yes, the new OP and EP are alright I guess but I think they need time to grow on me since the first OP is already one of the most iconic in all of anime.

JulianImp

Ep 14 impressions:

At first, I feared the trial was going to last two episodes, so I was relieved to find they sorted the whole trial out in a single one. The infighting across the human population is an interesting plot element they began expanding here, but there's not much information so far (from this episode and EP15's preview) other than
the people from the inner wall wanting to maintain the status quo and the recon corps' desire to overthrow them, probably

I won't comment on the opening and ending since I wasn't paying full attention to them. So far, I think I still prefer the previous ones, but perhaps they'll grow on me after a while.

Go_Ly_Dow

Of course OP2 was never going to reach the heights of OP1.

As for the episode itself it was fairly good. Seems like the next few episodes will all about build up so hope the climax is worth it!

Episode 14: Can't Look Into His Eyes: Prelude to the Counterattack, Part 1"

The OP sounded terrible. Kind of disappointed with three of the four music themes used for the anime as it made me not a fan of Linked Horizon (first OP didnt sound that good, certainly not a song I would listen to in any capacity), first ED was boring song and visually, this new OP lacks any appealing choices in visuals for me (where was Jean?) and the song sounded too grande at first but then sounded like a terrible mess as it went on. New ED is fantastic the cinema staff people or whoever need to contribute more and visually I got Jean moments and more.

Ignoring the slideshow like moment at the start and the random scene of the wheel turning (what point did that even have there?), I thought it was alright. Dont really like much of the plot, but at least it gives great background and support to why we love Eren and Rivaille so much in other stuff, I enjoyed the scenes as it was so intense and gripping finally.
(I thought the religious folks was an odd inclusion, I dont recall ever seeing them in any capacity ever since that one random person way back in episode 1 or so being eaten, I thought they had little to no relevance at all but then to now be given many lines and some sort of influence...) No bad motives and harsh things at the end once it was all said and done thankfully. I think they will make a great team along with everyone else on Survey Corps, just afraid the other ones in Eren's class wont be of focus anymore
. Perhaps the anime is on an upward trajectory to truly show why it is the, currently, number 10 anime of all time on mal...

-Horizon-

Ep 14:

OP 2 < OP 1
ED 2 = ED 1 (I actually would've liked the ED 2 song to have replaced the new OP we actually got)
Good episode I suppose. Mikasa and those eyes of hers
when Levi was beating the crap out of Eren
haha

The new OP wasn't too bad, I thought that it encompassed the feel of
Eren finally being able to join the Recon Corps and able to explore the freedom of the outside world
. However the first OP was much better.

Mairu

I didn't like the second OP at all and I think I might just take a break from the show and stop watching until it's over.

Kiryu

iMFZWbBYag2Oz.gif

iSscrPGGoKwi3.gif

Soriku

Great episode IMO. Hanji's pretty cool, Levi's a dick. Looking forward to seeing more of these characters.

OP 2 is good scene-wise, and the song's decent. Not as good as OP 1 but still good. Don't really care for the ending and I didn't care for the first ending either.

Also for people further in the manga, who would win between Mikasa and Levi? Wanted her to attack him lol.

When I saw this titan, I was wondering if the titans are some kind of toddlers or whatever. He's exactly running like a child and picking up things and putting them in their mouth would fit as well :p (+sadistically toying with "insects").

Ep14 was good, thought this would now be a mutliple-episode trial, presenting evidence and tons of witnesses :p

OP2 is ok I guess, this time I didn't need to hear it several times to realize they are singing in German :p

Decent episode and I think its good how they handled the trial in one episode and didn't drag things out. Anyway its quite obvious that Mikasa and Armin will go where Eren goes, my question is will all of the other graduates go their separate ways since they can choose which corps they are going to join or will some of them also join the recon corps?

As for the OP, I really dont think it would be that easy to surpass it not only for Shingeki but also for other series. I mean it is called the Guile's theme of anime OP.lol

Decent episode and I think its good how they handled the trial in one episode and didn't drag things out. Anyway its quite obvious that Mikasa and Armin will go where Eren goes, my question is will all of the other graduates go their separate ways since they can choose which corps they are going to join or will some of them also join the recon corps?

As for the OP, I really dont think it would be that easy to surpass it not only for Shingeki but also for other series. I mean it is called the Guile's theme of anime OP.lol
The other graduates looked as though they were wearing the Recon Corps cloaks in the opening, I think.

Sami+

Really liked the Episode, and really liked the new OP. Didn't think it'd even come close to the first, but it's good. Close. Not quite as good, but it's close.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I liked Ep 14.

Didn't see that coming at all. The end was a bit crazy too.
I thought Eren only had Regen while in Titan mode

Episode 14

Levi is a badass! He did all of this for the sake of Eren! The big surprise is that Eren regained his tooth back! Which mean he doesn't only heals fast in Titan Mode!

Episode 15 is going to be a good one

Dennis

Banned
Regarding the new OP:

And then Mikasa was titan. At least I assume the female titan was Mikasa.

OP1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OP2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom