• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
k-bigpic.jpg

I think this comment on YouTube sums up the new intro nicely: "First opening is more of a fight to survive a losing battle, second is more for reclaiming what was theirs."

By the way, I'm gonna go against the obvious and say that the female titan in the new intro isn't Mikasa. It does look like her...but I’m still guessing it to be someone else.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18u4zgr8dqbytjpg/k-bigpic.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

Im just glad it has Jean on it. Id drive.

People draw really good [URL="http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=37080338"]malekasas[/URL]. Excellent character design.
[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/a26037c2a5646976958ac9b7b68e27a4/tumblr_mpyq6ir2zd1rm6nc0o1_500.jpg

WillyFive

The first part of the show, when it's all basically military drama like Starship Troopers is absolutely fantastic, but I think when the show changed genres and became an
Ultraman
show it lost a bit of steam. It's still kinda interesting, but the hook is not as interesting as the one it had before.

I have not read the Manga, so it's highly likely I am way off, but I think
the animation when he transforms into a Titan also implies that the first two Colossus that broke the walls were also people on the ground. They were outside the walls, big their finger, transformed into a Titan, and broke the walls. That would explain why they disappeared too; when they de-transformed, they blended in with the rest of the people. That would tie in with what the military and government feared after they saw Jaeger, that he was a Titan hidden among people meant to destroy them from the inside.

Dali

The first part of the show, when it's all basically military drama like Starship Troopers is absolutely fantastic, but I think when the show changed genres and became an
Ultraman
show it lost a bit of steam. It's still kinda interesting, but the hook is not as interesting as the one it had before.

I have not read the Manga, so it's highly likely I am way off, but I think
the animation when he transforms into a Titan also implies that the first two Colossus that broke the walls were also people on the ground. They were outside the walls, big their finger, transformed into a Titan, and broke the walls. That would explain why they disappeared too; when they de-transformed, they blended in with the rest of the people. That would tie in with what the military and government feared after they saw Jaeger, that he was a Titan hidden among people meant to destroy them from the inside.

It would have be nice if they'd have portrayed their fears in that light. As it is it comes across as the tired anime trope of ostracizing the guy that's better than us even though he saved our bacon.

WillyFive

It would have be nice if they'd have portrayed their fears in that light. As it is it comes across as the tired anime trope of ostracizing the guy that's better than us even though he saved our bacon.

Yeah, I groaned when I saw that's what they were going with. Having that plot twist could have been a really triumphant turnaround after episodes of (absolutely flawless) despair buildup, but this was just drama for the sake of drama.

Azulsky

So I tried this series and ended up watching all 14 released episodes in one sitting then later reading all 47 chapters of the manga straight through.

Pretty legit series I must say.

LogicStep

So I tried this series and ended up watching all 14 released episodes in one sitting then later reading all 47 chapters of the manga straight through.

Damn, I'm holding out on reading the manga. I'm enjoying the anime way too much.

kirblar

47 Chapters? Oh, no wonder they're only doing this show in 26-episode chunks. (How many chapters in are we?)

Yeah but we don't have a Char. Maybe we have a few Quattros now so it's fine but still.

Good point. Maybe levi can be the Char.

Why would they be all "hey this guy is alrite" and view him as a hero? He lost control once, and what if he does so again? Normal titans are bad enough but a Titan that can control itself and knows how to kill? Eren-Titan could easily slaughter everyone in the scouting legion if he lost control. Besides they don't know if he is even on their side. he says he is, but, how can they trust the guy who just turned into a Titan?

They fear Titans, and when one of their own suddenly becomes a Titan they aren't going to just willingly trust him. Erens friends know and trust him, everyone else doesn't. So what if he killed Titans? It could be part of a cover.

kurahador

47 Chapters? Oh, no wonder they're only doing this show in 26-episode chunks. (How many chapters in are we?)

Anime is currently at 19 chapters in.

The manga is monthly though, so each chapter is twice as long compared to weekly like One Piece/Naruto/Bleach.

JulianImp

Anime is currently at 19 chapters in.

The manga is monthly though, so each chapter is twice as long compared to weekly like One Piece/Naruto/Bleach.

Oh, so that means they have a lot more time to polish it, as opposed to having a week to finish each anime episode. I watched eps 1-13 over two days, so I can attest that the pace didn't feel slow to me. Luckily the wait for ep 14 was well rewarded.

I guess I won't be looking at the opening by itself, mostly so I can slowly pick the various hints up as I go rather than watching the OP several times until I get everything down.

I hope they eventually release the whole series in anime form, since I don't get the same enjoyment out of reading manga. I'm trying to convince my local comics store to get the manga for me, however (possibly the untranslated Japanese one so I can practice the language), but that probably isn't going to be cheap.

Raphael

Well its a screen cap from the latest OP and lasts for a few seconds. If you're not seeing it there is not much I can do to help you.

Yeah, I got confused - thought You guys meant this thread's OP, not the opening. I skip openings - except for One Piece. Crazy crazy rainbow saaaaa.

Platy

Curse you for mentioning it actually has an identity, now my brain is screaming
Mikasa. Even if it's not her I now suspect that any of the female cast members could be a titan.

Everyone knows it is actualy
Armin who is the female titan

Azulsky

About 19 I think. Chapter length varied between 35 - 45 pages. Generally speaking they cover a bunch of ground each chapter too unlike Naruto where they face off for an entire 20 pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom