• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a slow episode.......but it was a good slow episode. Something is definitely suspicious about the religious group. Also, was I the only one that had a mini-heart attack when the girl shoved her face into the bars of the cell? o_O Oh and the new intro is good (especially the last bit of it). Showing stuff from outside the walls is something I really wanted and it seems like it’s going in that direction soon. It’s definitely not better than the previous one (how can it be really since it was perfect), but I still really like it. I’m just glad we didn’t get another Death Note situation with the new intro. I mean compare the first Death Note intro which was solid, to the abortion that was the second one.

Edit: I really hope they drop a few story bombs soon. I don’t mind the pace, but the plot really needs a few decent reveals/twists to push it forward at the moment.

FluxWaveZ

Episode 14

Levi is a badass! He did all of this for the sake of Eren! The big surprise is that Eren regained his tooth back! Which mean he doesn't only heals fast in Titan Mode!

I guess so, but that's what I had assumed after
he grew his leg and arm back, even if it was after he transformed for the first time.

They ruined the opening and that makes me very sad. Suppose the new one isn't as bad, but the only thing I thought of while watching it was that the first one is so much better.

Much more generic anime like opening.

Makes sense, I guess

Yeah, sadly.

The direction has changed and I don't think I'm too into it...

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Ep 14 was pretty good.

Yeah while the 2nd OP they sync the stuff animations better the song just isnt as good. Though the 2nd ED is pretty nice and dig it.

Dennis

Banned
Pretty good episode.

Appears you can have good anime with a minimum of actual animation!

May I propose the new term 'Motion Manga' ?

LiK

Pretty good episode.

Appears you can have good anime with a minimum of actual animation!

May I propose the new term 'Motion Manga' ?

pretty much all anime TV series are like that. at least AoT doesn't abuse flashbacks and lip flaps as much as other anime i've seen.

Hurley

I think it's 2/2/3/3/3/3/3/3/3.

Damn, only 2 episodes each for the first two volumes? I was going to pick up the first volume but think I'll wait until the second and third ones are out is out before I do.

In regards to the recent episode, I really liked it, I just hope they don't fall back to poor pacing like they did with the previous episodes but time will tell i guess.

Thought the new OP animation was awesome, the song was pretty good I don't mind.

Silvawuff

New episode was great. Lots of story building for the next.

Excellent anime. It reminds me heavily of Claymore and Berserk with the natural/medieval dark fantasy environments.

Velti

Neo Member
Best episode in ages. Legitimate pacing, character development, and story advancement. A proper return to form... I look forward to more of the same!

But for real, it's like night and day. How refreshing... I hope they keep this up.

Even though most of it was a slideshow 14 was a good episode. Got to see some politics and world building and some good character moments. This is the start of my favorite arc in the manga so I hope they don't fuck it up.

OP 2 is pretty good, but OP 1 is tad better.
i29usaYB72lqe.gif

iK7wiDMbPqWUQ.gif

AmanoBuff

Does anyone has a list of the directors of each episode? I thought they were the same, but watching them all I can definitely tell the hand of different people is involved in each episode. I can't seem to find this info on the web.

I'm really looking forward to the development of the next arc in the following few episodes.

As far as comparing OP1 to 2, 1 is better, but 2 is amazing.

Also, the episode was good. Can't wait to see the Recon Corps.

I'm confused about this. I was watching the show on one site and it was always Recon Corps. Then I switched to another site when I got to the newer ones and its Survey Corps. Then I went back to the other site for episode 14 and I think it was Recon Corps again.

So is it supposed to be Recon Corps or Survey Corps? Recon Corps sounds cooler >.<

Kyzon

I just started this show today. Long story short, I got no work done. I'm watching episode 6 and my body will never be ready.

Eh.......the hate those few episodes got was overblown.

Yeah. My brother watched up to episode 13 all at once and he didn't even say anything. When I brought up that people hated those bunch of episodes he said he didn't notice any dip in quality.

Watching any show is always different if you do it week by week or all at once.

Hrothgar

Yeah. My brother watched up to episode 13 all at once and he didn't even say anything. When I brought up that people hated those bunch of episodes he said he didn't notice any dip in quality.

Watching any show is always different if you do it week by week or all at once.

It's exaggerated because if you have to wait a week for the next episode you want something to happen. If you are watching it in one sitting, slower pacing isn't as noticeable/frustrating.

.la1n

New intro caught me off guard, not a big fan of it. The first was just too great I suppose. Episode was interesting. As for the new intro Titan
I think it will be Mikasa , since she'd have a good chance of getting titan-ized by Eren's father

Second op isn't as good as the first but at least it gives us a pretty good idea of where this season will end assuming they don't anime ending.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Titan has been decent about throwing me for loops so far, so I'm going to guess FemTitan is in fact not Mikasa.

It's exaggerated because if you have to wait a week for the next episode you want something to happen. If you are watching it in one sitting, slower pacing isn't as noticeable/frustrating.

Well, yeah. My brother watched all at once but I've been following since the beginning so I had to wait week to week like lots of you other dudes. It was slow, yeah, but people were talking about how it was horrible and awful and the worst thing ever and the show was garbage now. That sort of thing is where it's getting a little out of hand.

JulianImp

I'd rather not have them go the obvious route with titan-Mikasa. Hopefully it's just a random human-titan that attacks Eren and company, hogging two or three episodes at most.

Moaradin

I'd rather not have them go the obvious route with titan-Mikasa. Hopefully it's just a random human-titan that attacks Eren and company, hogging two or three episodes at most.

Yea this human titan shit is starting to make the show less interesting to me. I was really hoping they wouldn't go that route.

I kind of like the new OP. I preferred the high energy of the previous one, but I can't say this one doesn't fit. Episode was good! Can't wait to see more of the Survey Corps.

Well, yeah. My brother watched all at once but I've been following since the beginning so I had to wait week to week like lots of you other dudes. It was slow, yeah, but people were talking about how it was horrible and awful and the worst thing ever and the show was garbage now. That sort of thing is where it's getting a little out of hand.

Agreed.

Why would a random human-Titan be last for so little time? I would imagine tey would stretch it out for the entire season.

Yea this human titan shit is starting to make the show less interesting to me. I was really hoping they wouldn't go that route.

Why? You think fighting brain-dead Titans would be far more interesting? if every episode is just them fighting brain-dead Titans, how would the show be interesting? It would get old and you would complain. It's made very clear outside those walls are nothing but Titans. Eren is not god.

JulianImp

Don't get me wrong, I like the implications of some humans siding in with the titans for some unknown reason, and even the fact that they can turn into titans, but I think the ability to transform at will is what makes that plot element stand out in a bad way.

With how this is going, it seems Eren will have to train (or fail a few times) until he can keep his titan body under control, which would be way too boring. I don't want Eren to carry all the weight in fight scenes, even if regular humans give him a hand by distracting other titans and stuff like that.

I think the fact that they were all on equal footing (read: forced to run away or face a certain death) before titan-Eren showed up was a lot more interesting than giving the good guys a superpowered character that becomes "the one" and is absolutely required for defeating anything but one or two titans at once.

Don't get me wrong, I like the implications of some humans siding in with the titans for some unknown reason, and even the fact that they can turn into titans, but I think the ability to transform at will is what makes that plot element stand out in a bad way.

With how this is going, it seems Eren will have to train (or fail a few times) until he can keep his titan body under control, which would be way too boring. I don't want Eren to carry all the weight in fight scenes, even if regular humans give him a hand by distracting other titans and stuff like that.

I think the fact that they were all on equal footing (read: forced to run away or face a certain death) before titan-Eren showed up was a lot more interesting than giving the good guys a superpowered character that becomes "the one" and is absolutely required for defeating anything but one or two titans at once.

:lol...I don't think you need to worry. This isn't the type of show in which the MC is stronger then everyone else. Team work is the most essential thing. I mean Eren could never kill all the Titans by himself, he has to work together with everyone. If he or anyone goes at it alone they're easy prey and with the potential possibility of human-Titans? yeah, team work is mandatory, going solo will be a quick way to die.

Moaradin

Why? You think fighting brain-dead Titans would be far more interesting? if every episode is just them fighting brain-dead Titans, how would the show be interesting? It would get old and you would complain. It's made very clear outside those walls are nothing but Titans. Eren is not god.

I don't know, I just wish they went a different route. Fighting titans with titans seems lazy to me.

I don't know, I just wish they went a different route. Fighting titans with titans seems lazy to me.

Think of this show as a mecha-anime. Eren is piloting a giant gundam made of Flesh. Thats how I pictured it. Eren is Amuro Ray, the hot blooded pilot of the Human Titan Gundam.

JulianImp

:lol...I don't think you need to worry. This isn't the type of show in which the MC is stronger then everyone else. Team work is the most essential thing. I mean Eren could never kill all the Titans by himself, he has to work together with everyone. If he or anyone goes at it alone they're easy prey and with the potential possibility of human-Titans? yeah, team work is mandatory, going solo will be a quick way to die.

Yeah, I get that they'll have to work together, but it's just that Eren is now posed to do most of the heavy lifting during combat. He beat up a lot more titans during his first titan appearance than all the other onscreen characters combined, and went on to kill the jumping abnormal even in spite of not having arms anymore.

EDIT:
Think of this show as a mecha-anime. Eren is piloting a giant gundam made of Flesh. Thats how I pictured it. Eren is Amuro Ray, the hot blooded pilot of the Human Titan Gundam.

That's what I think felt off with the human-titans plot twist. When the show gave mankind a glimmer of hope with titan Eren, it felt like a clumsy deus ex machina and nearly overturned the pervasive feeling of dread that had previously characterized the show for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom