• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBAD

Strangely for a recap, they reused stuff more than a usual recap episode. They used Eren waking up under the tree as a kid twice. The scene the series started on.

Had a day off today so last night and today I marathoned all 13 episodes so far. Pretty enjoyable.

The only thing i didn't like is how similar it seems to Evangelion. Maybe this is just my ignorance of anime tropes in general, but they seemed like they shared a lot of story elements.

Kind of looking forward to what happens next.

daveo42

Banned
Strangely for a recap, they reused stuff more than a usual recap episode. They used Eren waking up under the tree as a kid twice. The scene the series started on.

I'm fine with that as long as we avoid any actual filler episodes or arcs. Recaps are ok if you need a refresher, but filler arcs are the worst.

dear lord, a recap episode. Hunter x Hunter was doing this, every 13 episodes it kept doing recap eps. They stopped doing them now thank god. Such a bummer having to wait a week for this nonsense.

LProtag

I got the show spoiled for me inadvertently on the internet trying to find out about the OP meme... but I decided to watch the 13 episodes that are out already.

I enjoyed it. My favorite characters are probably Armin and Jean. They've had the most character development out of everyone in the story. More so than Eren and Mikasa anyway.

Going to read the manga now so I can't have anything more spoiled for me, so I guess this is my first and last stop in this thread.

Articalys

Earlier today, at the Production I.G panel at Anime Expo, the following was asked during the audience Q&A portion:

Your animation is extremely good, but I've seen occasional "blips" like in Episode 13 of Attack on Titan. What are some of the constraints that affect Production I.G's quality; is it cost or time?

To which Mitsuhisa Ishikawa, president of Production I.G, simply replied:

Both.

(The only other Titan-related question was someone asking if the anime would have an original ending or not, and got the response that "nobody knows what the ending will be because the manga hasn't even finished yet.")

Listening to the soundtrack samples on Play-Asia, I'm thinking I need to buy the OST. My only concern is how long the tracks are. I don't want to buy a $30 album if the majority of them are only two minutes or so. Anyone here actually own it?

kirblar

Earlier today, at the Production I.G panel at Anime Expo, the following was asked during the audience Q&A portion:

Your animation is extremely good, but I've seen occasional "blips" like in Episode 13 of Attack on Titan. What are some of the constraints that affect Production I.G's quality; is it cost or time?

To which Mitsuhisa Ishikawa, president of Production I.G, simply replied:

Both.

(The only other Titan-related question was someone asking if the anime would have an original ending or not, and got the response that "nobody knows what the ending will be because the manga hasn't even finished yet.")
Doing this show as a half-year on, half-year off cycle would probably help address the issues.

A recap with no new footage or nothing (beyond the swift preview and lightning fast credits, what even?), and eye catch with just a collage of the info things instead of a new one. I guess its great for hearing the best portions of the soundtrack (but used over some scenes that dont really match the feeling or tone of the song made for awkward moments (triumphant song of joy played over the scene of the titans grabbing people,
biting Eren
, etc). Only watched for the soundtrack and hearing Eren's melodious voice. Cant really see anyone else watching it...

Ifrit

So it's true that there's going to be a second opening? Don't think it's going to surpass the first one (which instantly became a classic) hopefully I'm wrong

Soma

So it's true that there's going to be a second opening? Don't think it's going to surpass the first one (which instantly became a classic) hopefully I'm wrong

We all know someone is going to redub the new OP with the first one's audio soon after anyways.

And it'll probably fit even better.

J@hranimo

Banned
So is it gonna be a while until a new episode or is another one coming out next week? I might just wait several episodes until it gets more.......interesting so to speak.

So, have the episode schedules been released yet? We should have gotten chapter 16.5 animated instead of a recap. Are we not getting 16.5 animated? lame.

microfolk

Uhm, I hope I'm not breaking any rule, I apologize in advance if I'm doing it.
Has anyone here the .srt files for the subtitles of this series? Or in any other format, I need the subtitles but I can't find them in english and I don't know where to search.

CodonAUG

I imagine being part of the masons guild in this universe is a well secured job. The amount of damage those hooks do is insane.

Uhm, I hope I'm not breaking any rule, I apologize in advance if I'm doing it.
Has anyone here the .srt files for the subtitles of this series? Or in any other format, I need the subtitles but I can't find them in english and I don't know where to search.

just watch the show on crunchyroll.

Alucrid

Banned
oh then you'd hate one piece. Gotta get through a 2-3 min opening. Then an intro that lasts about 2 mins that has to show off the crew and luffy and talk about how he's gonna become king of the pirates, and then another min or two that re-caps what happened in the previous episode. Its truly annoying.

Nothing is as bad at the sometimes 10 minute recaps found in the Bleach anime.

Both pale in comparison to the amount of Naruto fillers which thankfully, Attack on Titans is unlikely to do.

And that's why I didn't like watching either three of those shows lol.

I'm really liking the full version of the first OP now. I think more than anything it was that whole "shock from hearing the rest of an anime theme song for the first time after hearing the first part for so long" situation.

Articalys

I think I've seen the epitome of Attack on Titan cosplay now. People at Anime Expo dressed up as the characters, the titans, a few even as the walls, but only one person so far seems to have chosen to cosplay as the god damn boulder.

I think I've seen the epitome of Attack on Titan cosplay now. People at Anime Expo dressed up as the characters, the titans, a few even as the walls, but only one person so far seems to have chosen to cosplay as the god damn boulder.

Someone's a genius. I hope he tried to make the people cosplaying as Eren carry him around.

Had a day off today so last night and today I marathoned all 13 episodes so far. Pretty enjoyable.

The only thing i didn't like is how similar it seems to Evangelion. Maybe this is just my ignorance of anime tropes in general, but they seemed like they shared a lot of story elements.

Kind of looking forward to what happens next.

"Main character dragged into shitty situation because of his father" is a pretty common trope.

The apocalyptic stuff is more a sub-genre thing.

FluxWaveZ

Watched all of the episodes for the first time today. The mood of the show certainly changes after Eren returns with his super powers, but it's still really enjoyable.

Show has one of the best anime openings I've ever seen.

LogicStep

A recap with no new footage or nothing (beyond the swift preview and lightning fast credits, what even?), and eye catch with just a collage of the info things instead of a new one. I guess its great for hearing the best portions of the soundtrack (but used over some scenes that dont really match the feeling or tone of the song made for awkward moments (triumphant song of joy played over the scene of the titans grabbing people,
biting Eren
, etc). Only watched for the soundtrack and hearing Eren's melodious voice. Cant really see anyone else watching it...

I watched it, went by real fast. Felt like a real long AMV tbh. But it's fine, it's just what they needed, hopefully they take advantage of this.

ultron87

Did they do something to specifically show they were the AoT boulder instead of various other famous anime boulders? I demand a picture.

JulianImp

Did they do something to specifically show they were the AoT boulder instead of various other famous anime boulders? I demand a picture.

I'm loving this exchange, and kudos to whoever actually decided to cosplay as the rock. Colossal Titan and Eren cosplay is too mainstream. :p

Watched all of the episodes for the first time today. The mood of the show certainly changes after Eren returns with his super powers, but it's still really enjoyable.

I agree. The series is still dark and grim, but now that Eren can shapeshift into one of the larger titans, it feels like the show lost part of the tension that came from everyone being fragile and nearly powerless against even a single titan while on their own.

Irnbru

So all I've got from the show is neon genesis: medieval times. I'm just waiting for the moment where everything just goes into looney land. Not thrilling, but nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom