• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Hasney

Oh my fucking god, the second story is amazing about Blassie. Only click if you'll never watch it or have watched, because his delivery is brilliant.

Freddie is driving the car with a 15 year old Heyman in it. Freddie is driving horribly, he's swerving all over the place and people are honking at him and he's just going "SEE KID, THIS IS HEAT. THIS IS HOW YOU GET HEAT THESE PEOPLE HATE ME" when really he's just a horrible driver. Heyman has been taught to never sell a rib so just in case, he's going "Yes sir Mr. Blassie, yes, you've got heat" until one point when the car is up on two wheels near their destination and Heyman just loses it and goes "OH GOD WE'RE GOING TO DIE PLEASE DON'T DO IT OH GOD".

Blassie tells him that he has 20% vision in one eye and 80% in the other so he's legally blind so Heyman does whatever any responsible 15 year old would do... Drives him home! So Heyman drives back to Blassies house and has his dad pick him up. His dad and Blassie were both WW2 vets so they're talking and sharing stories and getting on really well. His dad says "I have to get Paul to bed he has to be up for school in the morning", to which Paul was worried that they'd all know he wasn't in college, but he didn't cotton on.

When they got in the car, Blassie grabs Paul's dads arm and says "We all really like Paul and his work and how smart he is to our business, you must be an amazing parent." He saw his dads chest fill with pride and Paul was in the back of the car smiling and thinking he did a good thing.

"But let me tell you... your son is the worst driver I've ever been in a car with".

Busted

They're also talking about the time Lawler bust his jaw so there's both stories and now they're talking about the ECW mole situation.

EDIT: now the conference call story from the Jericho podcast

NoRéN

Because I can have the crockpot on when I'm not home. And tomato sauce from scratch is not 30 minutes.
what are you doing to the sauce that takes so long?

Crock pots/slow cookers are godlike. GODLIKE.

Brisket? Oh I'll just turn this on, leave, and come back to delicious brisket.
Pork shoulder? Same thing. etc etc etc
Oh, I agree. Brisket, carnitas, barbacoa. At least once a week it's gets use in my house. I wish I had known about crock pots during college.

I did the Pork Shoulder like Monday I think.
It was incredible! Just excellent.

I make pulled pork all day err day whenever I want.

Pork shoulder, get in there. 20 oz of whatever soda, get in there. Cook 4-6. Shred with forks. Boom.

NoRéN;124378220 said:
Oh, I agree. Brisket, carnitas, barbacoa. At least once a week it's gets use in my house. I wish I had known about crock pots during college.

I'll have to grab a slab of something to slow cook this weekend.

jmdajr

NoRéN;124378220 said:
what are you doing to the sauce that takes so long?

Blanch the tomatoes, skin the tomatoes, seed the tomatoes, cut the tomatoes, cut the basil, peel and cut the garlic etc.

Like I said in the post I probbaly fucked up and bought the wrong kind of tomatoes. It never got pasty.

Recipe

Just looking at the SummerSlam card and wondering if it will be possible for Ziggler to make the Miz look good. That's a tough challenge for anyone.

DMczaf

10584734_705059122900361_266628994_n.jpg

oh god...oh man...oh god...oh man.....

strobogo

Banned
Hey stro, don't you have some new gen Raws to watch? We are getting close to the end of Lex Luger's WWF career :(

Not really. I already watched Summerslam at the end of last year and the Raws aren't even up to SS yet. I don't understand their release schedule for things. Sometimes they'll do a whole month of shows in a day. Sometimes they'll put up one new show a day for a week. And then they'll not update at all for 2 weeks.

Hasney

The extras on the Heyman DVD are better than the doc. He bladed so he had an excuse to be late to Joey Styles wedding where he was a groomsman.

somedevil

Update on Burglary Incident with Bryan:

MercedSunStar.com reports that the arrest made in the burglary at Daniel Bryan's home a few weeks back has led to the capture of a group suspected of breaking into several Phoenix-area homes.

Alexandra Olvera, Edward Alexander Johnson and Gilberto Gil Gastelum were arrested while burglarizing a home on Wednesday and they were spotted by their vehicle, which police say was used in the July 24th crime at Bryan's home. They believe Olvera was the get-away driver for the break-in at Bryan's home. Police also used information they obtained from the suspect that Bryan chased down and detained.

Also, Bryan is lucky because the get away car had a gun and taser in it when they got arrested.

Aiii

So not worth it
Bryan is a doofus like me, always doing stupid good things without thinking about the safety risks involved.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bryan is a doofus like me, always doing stupid good things without thinking about the safety risks involved.

Sounds like you're wanting to tell a story of heroism. Our ears are open, our hands ready to clutch the pearls. Tell a story!

NoRéN

I make pulled pork all day err day whenever I want.

Pork shoulder, get in there. 20 oz of whatever soda, get in there. Cook 4-6. Shred with forks. Boom.

I'll have to grab a slab of something to slow cook this weekend.
I used to do pulled pork often until I tried to modify my aunt's adobo verde recipe for a slow cooker and it actually worked. basically the same stuff but in a spicy green sauce.
Blanch the tomatoes, skin the tomatoes, seed the tomatoes, cut the tomatoes, cut the basil, peel and cut the garlic etc.

Like I said in the post I probbaly fucked up and bought the wrong kind of tomatoes. It never got pasty.

Recipe
This sounds delicious and completely worth the effort.

I have to try this sometime. thanks for the link.

So I listened to the Ken Shamrock episode of Austin's podcast. That shit left me legit shook. The first part is really really sad Ken had a seriously fucked up childhood. Part 2 was decent but I wish they'd have talked even more about his MMA (they go into his UWF stuff and some Pancrase and the early UFCs) and wrestling career. It is a must listen! Ken gets candid to the point of almost oversharing.

Aiii

So not worth it
Sounds like you're wanting to tell a story of heroism. Our ears are open, our hands ready to clutch the pearls. Tell a story!

Oh my, I suppose I did. Okay, so a couple of years ago this girl moves into our building, about my age, pretty as fuck. Anyways, about two months after she moved in I am playing RDR and suddenly I hear lots of shouting from the back of the building, which is odd because I live in a quiet neighbourhood. Anyways, I go to my bedroom and just under my balcony there is the girl and one of her friends and a guy. Guy is yelling about how she ruined him, how her mother took all his money and what not. Girl is sobbing and pleading with him when I notice the guy is waving around a gun. Guns over here are pretty rare so I am about to dial the emergency number when I notice a neighbour across the street already calling and I hesitate. At this point the girlfriend of the girl starts running and this guy doesn't even hesitates and shoots her twice (she is fine, one bullet graced her and the other went through her upper arm), at this point I am as far out of view as I can get. So now the other girl bolts too, guy goes after them. Basically they are going in the direction of the entry way to the front of the building. I hear another couple of shots as they go from my view. So at this point I move to my living room at the front of the building and I notice a couple of kids and their mom fleeing in front of the guy (now holding his ex tightly and waving his gun around) and these kids have nowhere to go, the building is round (horseshoe shaped basically) and the only way out is pretty much past this guy. So my ass, instead of hiding, opens the front door and yells at these people to get the fuck into the house. Guy is now turning to me and I'm like "fuck, bad idea"

Anyways, I duck back into my house a bit and let the kids and their mom in and close the door. Guy spends the next three or four hours on the ground clutching his ex tightly holding her under gunshot in front of the building surrounded by the police team and a bunch of negotiators. At the back of the building there is a SWAT team with a bunch of M4's and just as we're looking at them they suddenly start running off. When we get back to my living room the guy literally just surrendered to the negotiator, I doubt he knows he was about a minute away from getting shot to bits though.

Anyways, I know it sounds tame, but in retrospect this guy could have just turned to me and shot at me, but I just couldn't let those people stay out there. So there you go.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
damn, any chance you get to shit on America

What's an M4? Pistol?

NoRéN

So I listened to the Ken Shamrock episode of Austin's podcast. That shit left me legit shook. The first part is really really sad Ken had a seriously fucked up childhood. Part 2 was decent but I wish they'd have talked even more about his MMA (they go into his UWF stuff and some Pancrase and the early UFCs) and wrestling career. It is a must listen! Ken gets candid to the point of almost oversharing.

the steve austin unleashed podcast? Any good?

VoxPop

Random thought.

If Brock ever attempts a UFC comeback, Paul should totally go with him.

I'm all for this. I think mouthpieces would be a great addition to all the bland fighters on the UFC roster (not that Brock needs it). I think Heyman was helping Shane Carwin promote at one time but didn't go so well.

NoRéN;124392563 said:
the steve austin unleashed podcast? Any good?

It was the family friendly version. And Austin's podcasts are the absolute best wrestling podcasts out there.

The Ricky Morton episode was damn good too and had me trying to figure out my fav five tag teams of all time.

Sephzilla

I'm all for this. I think mouthpieces would be a great addition to all the bland fighters on the UFC roster (not that Brock needs it). I think Heyman was helping Shane Carwin promote at one time but didn't go so well.

I'd mark out if before a UFC fight we heard this.

"Ladies and gentlemen my name is Paul Heyman. And my client, BARACK LEZNAR, conquered the WWE, conquered the UFC, conquered a career threatening disease, returned and conquered the WWE again, and has now returned to once again conquer your precious UFC"

UFC would ever allow something like that though.

Alucard

Banned
Really excited for the X Division three-way between Samoa Joe, Low Ki, and Sanada for the X Title tonight. I have my fingers crossed that Impact will continue its run of quality shows.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
According to WZ, the real reason Spike TV may be ending their contract with TNA because Spike wanted to buy 10% of TNA, but Dixie said no. It was also TNA that pushed the story about Russo being the reason why Spike didn't want to renew. The real reason has nothing to do with Russo, which makes most sense. Spike doesn't care about some small time writer or consultant.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/500...ike-tv-not-wanting-to-renew-contract-with-tna

According to WZ, the real reason Spike TV may be ending their contract with TNA because Spike wanted to buy 10% of TNA, but Dixie said no. It was also TNA that pushed the story about Russo being the reason why Spike didn't want to renew. The real reason has nothing to do with Russo, which makes most sense. Spike doesn't care about some small time writer or consultant.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/500...ike-tv-not-wanting-to-renew-contract-with-tna
But that's not what Dave Meltzer and TheWesker say. I'm inclined to agree with them, sorry SoulPlaya.

That sounds like a way to spin this in a positive light for TNA (Spike wanted to buy us! We are good and relevant!), but it doesn't sound like the actual story. Spike would probably want to own and control all of it if they were to buy it like Bellator, and now that they can't have a small percentage they want it gone? That makes little sense.

Spike is more involved and knows more about the TNA product than a lot of people think. They wanted Russo gone last time and made it clear they didn't want him back. TNA brought him back against their wishes, and lied to them about it. With the lying probably being the bigger issue. When it all blew up in their faces, they fired him and keep saying negotiations are on-going.

But even then, TNA showed signs of a rocky negotiation with Spike back in April when they signed that agreement with CTA to do the negotiations for them. Russo was probably the tipping point, though.

But that's not what Dave Meltzer and TheWesker say. I'm inclined to agree with them, sorry SoulPlaya.

WrestleZone "exclusives" are a big joke and mainly baseless speculation treated as fact. I remember a few months back they wrote an exclusive that was basically "Roman Reigns to be featured at Wrestlemania 31." Yeah, big exclusive one there guys.

The problem with a lot of you that talk bad about Meltzer or whatever is you never read or listen to the source. He rarely ever says anything as a matter of fact, because he knows minds and plans change all the time. Or sometimes he will speculate based on fact and sites like Wrestling INC or Zone will repost it as fact because they have no actual sources of their own.

Shit like this is why I've been gone from here for a week. To a lot of you I've become a punchline, and people tend to talk down to me and others for having an opinion. Then you wonder why people like Sblargh leave.

Heel

Odd, that's what I speculated earlier.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122960407&postcount=3700

Though, to pull back the curtain a bit, it was an informed guess thanks to the subscriber section of Mark Frenlen's Wrestling 25/8.

I wish a start up promotion back by millions and millions of dollars would announce 6 months in advance that the very first show would be the start of a knock out tournament to crown a real World Champion. Mortal Kombat style and just hit the ground running.

Invite everyone who is not in the WWE to come like a kay fabe open tourney.

Tony Schivone would be my announcer along with Jim Ross. And honestly spend 4-8 weeks crowing a a new champion. Then your off to the races.

I wish a start up promotion back by millions and millions of dollars would announce 6 months in advance that the very first show would be the start of a knock out tournament to crown a real World Champion. Mortal Kombat style and just hit the ground running.

Invite everyone who is not in the WWE to come like a kay fabe open tourney.

Tony Schivone would be my announcer along with Jim Ross. And honestly spend 4-8 weeks crowing a a new champion. Then your off to the races.

That's a great idea. It would be an easy way to create feuds and storylines. Defines characters as heels and faces. Easy way to introduce the product to new viewers.

The only issue would be creating buzz. The ad money spent would have to be enormous initially to create a viewer base. It would need heavy tv and internet ad presence focused on the 18-35 demo.

Hasney

That's a great idea. It would be an easy way to create feuds and storylines. Defines characters as heels and faces. Easy way to introduce the product to new viewers.

The only issue would be creating buzz. The ad money spent would have to be enormous initially to create a viewer base. It would need heavy tv and internet ad presence focused on the 18-35 demo.

Yup, and also deciding who's going over
AJ Styles
. Because a lot of these guys have comfy spots elsewhere so unless you have huge contracts and haemorrhage money from day 1 on the small hope you find success, it's going to be difficult. Never mind the fact that it would be hard to get on TV anywhere.
Rd.

With six months. You would see little hints dropping in newspapers, maybe small billboards all black with white letting.

months 6 "its coming"
month 5 "the dawn of a new era"
month 4 "A champion will be crowned"
month 3 "There can be only one"
month 2 "The world will be watching"

etc..............

I just think it be a nice set up for people chasing the championship, and spin off titles, and all the drama that goes along with it. Build it up UFC style, with weigh ins for the final 8. David vs. Goliath draws.
Titans facing off against each other. 30 min matches. A slow burn with everything at stake.

Top Bottom