• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

DMczaf

WWE announced the release of Alberto Del Rio due to unprofessional conduct and an altercation with an employee.

47gqp.jpg

Showaddy

All the talk about Kalisto being rushed up recently suddenly make sense if that's true. Wonder how recent the "altercation" was.

Unprofessional conduct was probably just him keeping some dude in the armbar and ignoring the ring bell yet again, but this time in his desperation for actual heat he just held it on too long.

Actually it's ADR so the reality is likely more boring, probably got pissy because he hasn't been gifted another lacklustre title run.

Morgadeth

He was boring in-ring and got under my skin not in a heelish way, just in a 'you're boring kind of way'. Good on ya, WWE.

I'm kinda bummed about Del Rio. He has absolutely zero charisma but I've always thought he's a really good wrestler. His matches were always good.

it's a bit too bad, he was a great wrestler and a capable talker, but they never did anything with him that made me wanna see him.

So, who's gonna make the OT thread?

Phatmac

I thought Del Rio was destined for more when he came but yeah not surprised considering he doesn't get any reaction from the crowd.

Striker

Quality guy to go out there and at least have a good 10-15 min match on Raw. They lack a good number of those. Uh, can anybody name one now?

Bad midcard, bad main event, bad Diva's division and bad tag team division.

I'm not too shocked. He always seemed to stiff the shit out of people if he thought they did something wrong.

Quality guy to go out there and at least have a good 10-15 min match on Raw. They lack a good number of those. Uh, can anybody name one now?

Cearo, he's now the full time jobber who make main eventers/mid carders look competent.

Cesaro. But RAW Del Rio was "have him beat up a midcarder to show his AGGRESSION" for like, two years

Kinda sad I won't see ADR vs SheMouse ADR vs Ziggler ADR vs some other asshole for the millionth time

Maybe ADR beatdown someone in the office for letting Ricardo go

Del Rio was amusing two years ago. I can't think of anything in the last 6 months he did that mattered. I think WWE were relieved he did this to cut the dead weight.

I am shocked at the candid reasons behind it though.

somedevil

Really? Ambrose, Cesaro, Ziggler, Jericho, Bray, Rollins, Harper, and Sheamus

I guess Kalisto is getting called up quicker now.

Striker

Cesaro. But RAW Del Rio was "have him beat up a midcarder to show his AGGRESSION" for like, two years
They've had zero direction for ADR since they had him lose to Edge at WM 27.

Cesaro is somebody you'd think but remember he just had a two minute match with Ziggler last Monday.

Bowser

Crazy. Del Rio was a rumble winner, MITB winner, 2x WWE Champion and 2x WHC (or was it 3x? I forget), but no one ever really gave a shit about him. Yet he accomplished more in his 4 years in WWE than most ever will.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like Del Rio, this is tragic. On the plus side he can go back to Mexico and be Dos Caras Jr again and enjoy life!

Shockingly, he left a HELL of a legacy considering how many matches he worked. Really solid.

jred2k

It's a shame he's probably worth more in Mexico. It'd be kind of cool to drop him into NJPW and see some of those matchups.

DMczaf

I wish they stuck him with a really racist gimmick before giving him the boot.

Have his character go broke due to investing in WWE stock, starts riding to the ring on a low rider bicycle or lawnmower.

Top Bottom