• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Such a nihilist.

hqdefault.jpg

jmdajr

Guys, stop getting upset about things that don't matter.

Nothing matters

Here is an article about nothing

The Bridge From Nowhere
How is it possible to get something from nothing?

The question of being is the darkest in all philosophy.” So concluded William James in thinking about that most basic of riddles: how did something come from nothing? The question infuriates, James realized, because it demands an explanation while denying the very possibility of explanation. “From nothing to being there is no logical bridge,” he wrote.

In science, explanations are built of cause and effect. But if nothing is truly nothing, it lacks the power to cause. It’s not simply that we can’t find the right explanation—it’s that explanation itself fails in the face of nothing......

Nothing—a word that is a paradox by its mere existence as a word. It’s a noun, a thing, and yet it is no thing. The minute we imagine it or speak its name, we spoil its emptiness with the stain of meaning. One has to wonder, then, is the problem with nothingness or is the problem with us? Is it cosmic or linguistic? Existential or psychological? Is this a paradox of physics or a paradox of thought?

Yes..I was actually reading this...

strobogo

Banned
What about Raven?

The early ECW Raven vignettes are hilariously bad. Like a music video of Raven walking around in a neighborhood with seizure inducing cuts to a DEAD END sign over and over. Or Raven sitting in a class room, showing the gum under the desk talking about bring Tommy Dreamer back to the pain of his childhood class room...and then a shot of I HATE DREAMER written on the chalk board 100 times like Bart Simpson did it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Am I the only one who doesn't care if Lesnar beats Cena? I know Cena will just win it back eventually. This is all just to get him his 16th reign.

The sad part about all this is that even after Cena, it's Roman's turn, and he's even more limited than Cena. This shit is just going to get worse.

All I have to look forward to is Kane retiring, so I can stop watching this.

Being in high demand doesn't mean you are great. At one point, Konnan was in high demand. At one point, Michael Hayes was in high demand. The Harris Brothers bounced between SMW, ECW, WWF (TWICE), WCW, and TNA. Are you saying the Harris Brothers were great?

Times have changed - what was in demand on the circuit back then isn't necessarily what's in demand today. The Bucks are booked the world over because they're athletic, they're exciting and because they consistently put on tag matches that have crowds jumping out of their seats. Equate THAT to the Harris brothers.

jmdajr

Am I the only one who doesn't care if Lesnar beats Cena? I know Cena will just win it back eventually. This is all just to get him his 16th reign.

The sad part about all this is that even after Cena, it's Roman's turn, and he's even more limited than Cena. This shit is just going to get worse.

So isn't Kane in fact...torturing you?
Why would GGG do this????

njean777

Tbh all the Roman hate is a little early IMO. He is still young and can develop more. Plus we have dean and Seth that will save us as long as wwe doesn't fuck it all up for the millionth time.

Mahonay

Banned
The early ECW Raven vignettes are hilariously bad. Like a music video of Raven walking around in a neighborhood with seizure inducing cuts to a DEAD END sign over and over. Or Raven sitting in a class room, showing the gum under the desk talking about bring Tommy Dreamer back to the pain of his childhood class room...and then a shot of I HATE DREAMER written on the chalk board 100 times like Bart Simpson did it.
So good. It now has an unintentional comedy effect.

THANK YOU

The match was every bit as good as I had heard. But what's with the gymnasium-style venue?

The first one? That's Korakuen Hall, a very old and prestigious building that's been connected to pro-wrestling in Japan since the 60's. Shows there usually attract the more hardcore sort of crowd member, so you have to contend with certain guys being booed because the fans don't agree with their push, or a heel underdog getting cheered over a babyface simply because he's an underdog, etc, but they're generally one of the liveliest audiences in Japan.

Anth0ny

Heyman documentary was great. Somehow I never realized Smackdown was actually beating Raw in the ratings when he was head writer. I knew it was the better show, and I enjoyed it FAR more than Raw at the time, but I just assumed Raw was winning because it was the A show and the most of the WWE audience is dumb. That's incredible.

Also, Steph is fucking unbearable in that documentary. Good lord.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Heyman documentary was great. Somehow I never realized Smackdown was actually beating Raw in the ratings when he was head writer. I knew it was the better show, and I enjoyed it FAR more than Raw at the time, but I just assumed Raw was winning because it was the A show and the most of the WWE audience is dumb. That's incredible.

UPN>TNN/Spike as a home in pretty much every way at that time.

jred2k

Triple H having a complete deathgrip on Raw at the same time probably worked in Smackdown's favour as well.

dream

The first one? That's Korakuen Hall, a very old and prestigious building that's been connected to pro-wrestling in Japan since the 60's. Shows there usually attract the more hardcore sort of crowd member, so you have to contend with certain guys being booed because the fans don't agree with their push, or a heel underdog getting cheered over a babyface simply because he's an underdog, etc, but they're generally one of the liveliest audiences in Japan.

Holy shit, that was Korakuen Hall? I've only ever seen it on All Japan tapes, and the venue never looked that small and dingy.

jred2k

The Steve Austin podcast that came out today is pretty funny. He takes listener calls and it's great hearing 30 year old dudes mark out when they get to talk to him.

I'd probably sound the same :(

jmdajr

The Steve Austin podcast that came out today is pretty funny. He takes listener calls and it's great hearing 30 year old dudes mark out when they get to talk to him.

Understandable. I got to meet him and I didn't even know what to say.

Mahonay

Banned
Here's my current TV. Would the TV I'm looking into be better, worse or about the same? Mine's starting to display some weird hazing, that's why I'm looking into something new.
Your old TV was 120hz, new one is 600hz. That higher refresh rate will be way better for gaming.

My best advice would to do your best not to leave still images up for long periods of times to avoid future issues with your plasma. Burn in happens far less frequently than early plasmas, but it's still a thing to be careful about.

My old plasma is my bedroom now. It has the faint burn of some horizontal lines...from wrestling ring ropes. Fucking ironic.

Mahonay

Banned

Understandable. I got to meet him and I didn't even know what to say.

Usually how I act when I meet a celebrity I really like. I don't want to make them feel weird so I try to just act natural. Which usually means I don't say much at all.

Top Bottom