• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

kiguel182

At least we will always have exciting memories of him such as...

umm...

ughh...

giphy.gif

Best part I can remember is the whole discussion regarding Sheamus stealing his car.

Stuart444

On the 7th of August WWE.com announced that Alberto Del Rio has been released due to unprofessional conduct with a fellow employee. He also went up to a forum user by the name of "ABailey115" and went to slap him but ABailey115 curled up on the ground and went into fetal position and started crying.

I love wikipedia sometimes

edit: And another one:

On the 7th of August WWE.com announced that Alberto Del Rio has been released due to Del Rio attempting to legally change his name to Krispen Wah.

sajj316

Does that mean Sin Cara will finally win matches? Who takes on the responsibility of being the face of the Latin American market?

Damn.Sucks to hear about Del Rio. I really enjoyed his in ring work. So does anyone know how long a wrestler can take before he joins another promotion?

Since he was fired he might be able to go anywhere he wants immediately.

Not exactly sure how non comps work in WWE but I'm pretty sure they are 90 days and that is only for televised promotions ie TNA and ROH.

Jamie OD

This news pretty much stole TNA's thunder for tonight. I bet you when Bully Ray puts Dixie through the table everyone's going to make Del Rio jokes.

I never said that! Take that shit out right now! :p

...I got trolled D:

You should've known trickery was afoot because this would mean that we were in the midst of a buzz creating ADR storyline from the WWE, something which I'm sure is an impossibility.

Remember that time ADR was all like "show me your papers!"? I can't remember why he was saying it but it makes me chuckle.

thefro

mvOyD.gif

I'm disappointed, friends. ADR could have worked - he had everything; good ability in the ring, Ricardo to cover for his lack of personality and a proven, tried & tested heel gimmick that they NEVER had the balls to go all-out with. The guy was meant to be a fuckin' multi-millionaire, but all they did to show that was give him his own personal ring announcer and let him drive around some fancy cars - they established that Ricardo was his man servant, yet never established why ANY of this makes Alberto Del Rio a BAD guy! He didn't abuse Ricardo, that was left to the various WWE faces such as Sheamus and Cena, who'd gladly hit a non-competitor because he distracted them, got in the way, or just because; beating up innocent ring announcers is what good guys do. They didn't fuckin' ONCE establish WHY Ricardo was working for ADR - hell, they did a better job establishing why HBK worked for JBL (so many acronyms) and that feud was dire. Would it really have been so hard to cook up some bullshit story about ADR impoverishing Ricardo's family and forcing their son into demeaning servitude? Also, why the hell did ADR never spend his money in a HEELISH fashion? He should've been hiring guys to do his dirty work left right and centre, hiring Divas to hang on his arm and party with him but, most importantly, he should've been bullying Ricardo every step of the way. This is simple 101 shit and what really, really pisses me off is that they barely even TRIED. I'm not even that big of a fan of Del Rio, yet here I am writing a huge fucking paragraph lamenting the ineptitude of WWE for letting a gimmick that SHOULD have worked go utterly to waste. That goes for Ricardo as well. You could've easily got a 'pushed to his breaking point, the manservant attacks the master!' storyline out of that shit, as well. Fucking amateur hour. This is why Paul Heyman's hailed as a creative genius, because even if he isn't (and he isn't) he could still do better than WWE creative.

Yeah, it's been so long that they could have redone the Ted DiBiase stuff with him (with some twists) and it would have totally worked. But they never did give people a reason to hate him beyond "lol he's rich!".

It's kind of amazing that they nailed stuff like his entrance but completely forgot about that part of his character. He really never was booked to do anything interesting after the feud with Rey.

TL21xx

Banned
Since we're eulogising about Del Rio's WWE career, might as well throw in my two pescos on him. He was a decent in-ring talent, but was horrible at drumming up any interest in his feud. His character was pretty dull, and unfortunately I think he just wasn't able to adapt his skill set to the WWE style. Can't say I'll miss him too much, but hopefully he lands somewhere that is a better fit.

"On the 7th of August WWE.com announced that Alberto Del Rio has been released due to unprofessional conduct after putting the cross arm breaker on the guy who writes Adam Rose's segments."

On the 7th of August WWE.com announced that Alberto Del Rio has been released due to unprofessional conduct and an altercation with Arjen Robben after the dive vs Mexico in 2014 FIFA World Cup.

i think this is the real reason
wiki said:
Del Rio lost to Dean Ambrose by disqualification on the July 29th edition of Main Event due to Seth Rollins attacking Ambrose during the match. After he lost his final match, he logged on Wrestlingforum.com and complained about the ongoing edits made by edgy 17 year old marks.

On August 7, WWE announced that Alberto Del Rio has been released due to unprofessional conduct when he slapped Rosa Mendes on her fine ass.

You should've known trickery was afoot because this would mean that we were in the midst of a buzz creating ADR storyline from the WWE, something which I'm sure is an impossibility.

Remember that time ADR was all like "show me your papers!"? I can't remember why he was saying it but it makes me chuckle.

You'd think I would be less gullible, but noooooooap

That'd be dope if it's a work.

It totally would be dope though. DEL RIO'S GONE MAD

NoRéN

Oh god don't even get this thread started. It's all they talk about half the time.
Must be good then...or really bad?
It was the family friendly version. And Austin's podcasts are the absolute best wrestling podcasts out there.

The Ricky Morton episode was damn good too and had me trying to figure out my fav five tag teams of all time.

Is there a difference between the the regular and the "unleashed" one?

Raw64life

+1 Del Rio being underrated, especially on here. It'll be interesting to get the skinny on what exactly happened, but his run was basically over already. He's been nothing but upper/mid-card fodder this year, and he was a lock to not renew his contract when it came up, which was going to be soon anyway.

Overall, I'd still say he had a pretty good 4 year run. 4 time world champ, won MITB and a Royal Rumble. Would love to see him in NJPW although it's 100x more likely he'll just go back to Mexico.

somedevil

The latest rumor:

For what it's worth, Rob Feinstein of RF Video wrote on his Facebook that Del Rio was involved in a backstage incident at the recent WWE TV tapings. RF claimed that Del Rio had words with an employee who works for WWE's social media department and allegedly slapped him. This should be taken as strictly rumor for now.

NoRéN;124412582 said:
Must be good then...or really bad?

Is there a difference between the the regular and the "unleashed" one?

They are 2 totally different shows with different guests. Unleashed has all of the foul mouthed Stone Cold you can handle, the family friendly is no foul language. They are both worth downloading.

Famil friendly is up on Tuesdays and Unleashed is Thursdays

NoRéN

They are 2 totally different shows with different guests. Unleashed has all of the foul mouthed Stone Cold you can handle, the family friendly is no foul language. They are both worth downloading.

Ahh, good to know. Thanks.

Honestly, I enjoy the podcasts when they actually get going, but the whole "start with a fucking 15-minute ad" thing is so obnoxious that I barely even start his (or Jericho's) podcast anymore.

strobogo

Banned
Man, if they're really going to slow down the archival stuff even more than they are doing it right now, I'm out. I'll re-up when they have more older material up.

Man, if they're really going to slow down the archival stuff even more than they are doing it right now, I'm out. I'll re-up when they have more older material up.

Their mentality is completely flawed.

The reason I don't watch the older PPVs is because the associated RAWs aren't up there yet. I like to have proper story context when watching PPVs.

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this either.

Top Bottom