• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Their mentality is completely flawed.

The reason I don't watch the older PPVs is because the associated RAWs aren't up there yet. I like to have proper story context when watching PPVs.

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this either.

You aren't alone. I'm not subbing for that exact reason. Until I can watch the Nitros and RAWs between the PPVs I have no interest and see no point in watching any of the old PPVs.

strobogo

Banned

The reason I don't watch the older PPVs is because the associated RAWs aren't up there yet. I like to have proper story context when watching PPVs.

Still no Nitros, Old School hasn't been updated in months, besides the Warrior/Bryan/Vickie things, all of the original content is just stuff cut up from years old talking heads and old DVDs. Still no play lists. No automatic next episode like every other streaming service. If they're going to put up even less vault stuff, what the fuck is the point? Just having a $10 PPV service?

Alberto Del Rio if you are reading this I would like to tell you Les deseamos lo mejor en sus futuros compromisos.

They could've done a lot more with Del Rio for sure. Oh well, it was already speculated he was on his way on sooner or later.

There are so many people who could of still had an employment had you all paid the low price of 9.99

Still no Nitros, Old School hasn't been updated in months, besides the Warrior/Bryan/Vickie things, all of the original content is just stuff cut up from years old talking heads and old DVDs. Still no play lists. No automatic next episode like every other streaming service. If they're going to put up even less vault stuff, what the fuck is the point? Just having a $10 PPV service?

That's a great way to completely screw up what should be an amazing service. The hook was cheap PPVs and nostalgia. Now they are abandoning the nostalgia market hoping it is filled by subs that want PPVs and Total Divas reruns and Legends House. Instead of cutting the network budget they should be doubling down and filling the service with as much content as possible. If people are talking about how they watched the 4 RAWs leading into Mania 19 and how awesome it is wouldn't that help word of mouth that free advertising via a paying customer it doesn't get any better than that.

Right now WWE is cutting off it's nose to spite it's face and they are going to lose more money by not going all in with the network.

Edit: the way they are fumbling the ball with zero content roll out I really can't wait to see their numbers after the first 6 months are up.

Now ADR has a lot of free time, nothing is stopping him subscribing to the WWE network for just $9.99 a month.
His firing couldn't have come at a better time really!

Me too. I want to go through WCW in order since the Nitro debut, but I can't.

strobogo

Banned
That's a great way to completely screw up what should be an amazing service. The hook was cheap PPVs and nostalgia. Now they are abandoning the nostalgia market hoping it is filled by subs that want PPVs and Total Divas reruns and Legends House. Instead of cutting the network budget they should be doubling down and filling the service with as much content as possible. If people are talking about how they watched the 4 RAWs leading into Mania 19 and how awesome it is wouldn't that help word of mouth that free advertising via a paying customer it doesn't get any better than that.

Right now WWE is cutting off it's nose to spite it's face and they are going to lose more money by not going all in with the network.

Edit: the way they are fumbling the ball with zero content roll out I really can't wait to see their numbers after the first 6 months are up.

That's what I was thinking. If they want the Network to be the future of the company, they need to put some fucking work into it and not cut it with everything else. Putting more back catalogue stuff up is the easiest and cheapest thing they can do to add value to the Network.

strobogo

Banned
Oh hey, what a surprise, the guy who likes to make outrageous statements and go "against the grain" without backing it up says something crazy to rile people up.

So apparently there is a rumor going around that Cesaro is one of the guys they are thinking about releasing. Good god I hope that's not true.

I feel like Cesaro is purposefully put on the backburner, a resource waiting to be exploited. It would be very silly to release him now, since he's got so much potential as a major face. He won't work as a heel in his current incarnation.

He's still being heavily featured regularly, despite losing all the time - I feel like they are intentionally keeping him on the midcard, losing a lot so people don't rally behind him, keeping him as this ambiguous heel so people don't know what to think, so they can use him at a good moment when an injury or other circumstances means they need to pull a guy up they know they can use.

At least that's my positive interpretation, being that I like Cesaro.

Where did you hear this rumor?

Jason Powell over at prowrestling.net mentioned it on his weekly show. Said multiple people he talked to have also heard the rumor going around. Also said he is unsure of how solid it is, and it might have been a suggestion that is now off the table. But he's a very reputable source, so I'd say it's at least been talked about.

Oh hey, what a surprise, the guy who likes to make outrageous statements and go "against the grain" without backing it up says something crazy to rile people up.

I mean I do agree, but remember that Meltzer said they were at least thinking about releasing somebody that would piss everybody off. Del Rio's Del Rio, so that sure as shit couldn't have been who he was talking about.

Cesaro being the guy would sure make me feel better than I already do about having cancelled the Network, though.

Jason Powell over at prowrestling.net mentioned it on his weekly show. Said multiple people he talked to have also heard the rumor going around. Also said he is unsure of how solid it is, and it might have been a suggestion that is now off the table. But he's a very reputable source, so I'd say it's at least been talked about.

Any other names mentioned?

I can see a hell of a lot more dead weight on that roster that should get the axe before someone who can actually work a match like Cesaro.

I mean I do agree, but remember that Meltzer said they were at least thinking about releasing somebody that would piss everybody off. Del Rio's Del Rio, so that sure as shit couldn't have been who he was talking about.

Cesaro being the guy would sure make me feel better than I already do about having cancelled the Network, though.

Yep, I heard when Meltzer mentioned that as well. Plus he's been giving off a vibe like the WWE's pretty done with Cesaro at this point. IDK.

All I hope is that if he's released he goes to New Japan to be amazing.

Nothing about the way WWE has used Cesaro this year has made me think they are 'done' with him, that sounds like a load of chuff.

That match with Cena made him look good.

No. He and his co-host were on the subject of budget cuts and he brought it up as a big name he had been hearing.

I had read a few rumorz lately that said a few big names were being discussed about being released and that a number of those names would piss off fans. No actual names were mentioned in the article I read.

I had read a few rumorz lately that said a few big names were being discussed about being released and that a number of those names would piss off fans. No actual names were mentioned in the article I read.

Yeah, I've seen similar stuff. Powell isn't really a "rumorz" guy. He rarely even says stuff that he's not absolutely certain about.

Yeah, I've seen similar stuff. Powell isn't really a "rumorz" guy. He rarely even says stuff that he's not absolutely certain about.

yeah but what names could he mean that would piss off some fans? i see scuttlebutt around here about zach ryder, heath slater, etc - these are guys a lot of people would be upset to see let go. dolph is in an angle so he's not gonna be the guy, cesaro is being featured prominently weekly so he's not gonna be the guy

who could he mean? i mean besides del rio.

yeah but what names could he mean that would piss off some fans? i see scuttlebutt around here about zach ryder, heath slater, etc - these are guys a lot of people would be upset to see let go. dolph is in an angle so he's not gonna be the guy, cesaro is being featured prominently weekly so he's not gonna be the guy

He only reported Cesaro. Didn't mention other names. I was saying I had read about the "multiple names" thing on a separate site.

NastyBook

but not a lot of the older content.
This shit is their fault. That WCW and old RAWs should've been there on day one. Now they want to slow putting that shit up? Enjoy your failed endeavor, dipshits.

strobogo

Banned

Well there is one guy that everyone seems to love that doesn't appear to be coming back to wrestling anytime soon.

He only reported Cesaro. Didn't mention other names. I was saying I had read about the "multiple names" thing on a separate site.

so he actually mentioned cesaro as a future endeavourer? and this is a reputable source?

i mean

i'd be pretty surprised if he was let go. he's a dormant pop mine.

so he actually mentioned cesaro as a future endeavourer? and this is a reputable source?

i mean

i'd be pretty surprised if he was let go. he's a dormant pop mine.

He said that he and multiple people he had spoken with had heard the rumor that Cesaro is one of the guys "on the bubble". He said he was unsure if this meant that his name simply came up as a possibility, or if they were seriously considering it. Either way, it seems the idea has at least been floated. And yes, Powell is absolutely a reputable source.

I should also mention that it was said that if he was being considered for a cut, it would have to have been a Vince idea as Triple H loves him.

Ithil

Wouldn't that have been the timekeeper? I'm sure the release of a guy that's worked there for 30 years caused a stir backstage.

jred2k

These budget cuts are getting rough. At this rate they'll have to travel home from Australia like this:

tumblr_m26aesW4CY1qh59n0o1_500.gif

Alucard

Banned
#ImpactSummer continues in 10 minutes. Hop aboard the good vibes train, wrestling fans. We're going to New York City, baby. Aw yeah.

He said that he and multiple people he had spoken with had heard the rumor that Cesaro is one of the guys "on the bubble". He said he was unsure if this meant that his name simply came up as a possibility, or if they were seriously considering it. Either way, it seems the idea has at least been floated. And yes, Powell is absolutely a reputable source.

well...okay, i still have this idea his current position is poising him in wait to rise up to the wwe champsionship area (if not a winner, then a legitimate challenger), but if there were people in high level meetings who were actually saying 'how about that cesaro guy?'

that would be...a premature cesarean....

Top Bottom