• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Kornflayx

G1 Climax 24 is the greatest tourney ever.

also Eating Spirit

BukI0gHIUAAaaRX.jpg

This is Hero any time he's not in the ring:

ibzm8TtIiHXM0E.gif

XShagrath

I'll be seeing Chris Hero at the EVOLVE show in Orlando. I don't care what he looks like, as long as he can still go. If his weight is impeding his moves, or making him winded real early, then that's a problem. Otherwise, I don't really give a shit what someone looks like.

Yeah, it's not like Hero wrestles a crazy athletic style as it is - it's mostly holds and strikes with him, these days. Still, he should consider some new ring gear.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it's not like Hero wrestles a crazy athletic style as it is - it's mostly holds and strikes with him, these days. Still, he should consider some new ring gear.

or old. go back to the cargo shorts and t-shirt.

I feel like every time there's a pic of Big Chris now, I am being too critical but...he IS gaining a lot.

I feel partially responsible for Hero. In New Orleans we had some leftover popeye's chicken strips we brought to the venue and he ate them. I enabled him.

oh my godddddddddddd

strobogo

Banned
WHAT IF RAW WAS AN 80's SITCOM?

That question really got my noodle boiling. I thought, "What if John Cena starred in a new Quantum Leap where he leaps into characters of other famous shows?"

John Cena leaps into Cliff Huxtable on The Cosby Show

ccFlXmU.jpg

John Cena leaps into Paul Buchman from Mad About You

VBv6SOt.jpg

John Cena leaps into Phoebe Buffay from Friends

e0BQnW2.jpg

John Cena leaps into Kramer from Seinfeld

Diaqjtj.jpg

John Cena leaps into Doogie Howser from Doogie Howser, M.D.

xLRGUkp.jpg

John Cena leaps into Dr. Frasier Crane from Frasier

AMBmvwa.jpg

John Cena leaps into The Man From Another Place from Twin Peaks

ZBnpkFY.jpg

Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Doctor of Thuganomics John Cena stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator...and vanished. He awoke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were familiar, but were not his own, and driven by Hustle, Loyalty & Respect to change televised history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Nikki, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only John can see and hear (but probably wishes he couldn't). And so Doctor Cena finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap...will be the leap home.

alstein

Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Doctor of Thuganomics John Cena stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator...and vanished. He awoke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were familiar, but were not his own, and driven by Hustle, Loyalty & Respect to change televised history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Nikki, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only John can see and hear. And so Doctor Cena finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap...will be the leap home.

It would be funny if he ended up being part of the HUSTLE army.

You know, between The Batiri Intro, the Adam Cole water story, and CZW stuff, I feel like I've contributed my fair share to Maffew for Botchamania. Good lord.

The best part is I had absolutely no memory of the water story and it was my goddamn shot

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I would rather time travelling Cena went around ruining great wrestling moments in history. Cena comes out and talks about how Andre had already been both slammed and pinned in the past in the middle of Wrestlemania, Cena throws in the towel for Stone Cold for Stone Cold vs Bret Hart, Cena warns Bret about Montreal, Cena cuts his CM Punk shoot promo before Punk can, Cena beats Goldberg

listening to some stone cold podcasts right now

he's a bit of a shill but this actually isn't half bad

i'm on the heyman one just now and heck he's even directing heyman by interjecting and refocusing the conversation

saw his clip about gay marriage too. aw, stone cold ya sweetie.

Maybe you need a shot of Alpha Brain, keeps me cool and alert, swig'a water for the workin' man and the workin' woman, makin' money up in this mug

yeah but i'm sympathetic to podcasters wanting to make money and sponsors are often the only way to do it. it's kinda gross, and with any podcast i typically skip to 10 - 15 mins in to skip all the selling, but i appreciate why they do it and it's understandable.

i mean, i'm okay with this, it's what it is in the world, but do other people just say fuck it?

You know, between The Batiri Intro, the Adam Cole water story, and CZW stuff, I feel like I've contributed my fair share to Maffew for Botchamania. Good lord.

The best part is I had absolutely no memory of the water story and it was my goddamn shot

The one thing I sent Maffew was a Japanese table spot from a matche between Raven and Corey Graves. I need to find out which Botchamania that made it in to.

EDIT: It was Botchamania 91!

Missed out on getting tickets this year, was he good or terrible?

He was incredible.

He wanted to make small circles around an already crowded as fuck crowd and basically do a mosh pit when he drops a beat on Blood on the Leaves.

Everything about that show was amazing. Holy shit.

njean777

He was incredible.

He wanted to make small circles around an already crowded as fuck crowd and basically do a mosh pit when he drops a beat on Blood on the Leaves.

Everything about that show was amazing. Holy shit.

How the hell are you gonna mosh at a rap concert? Wrong type of music to do that to. You need hardcore/metalcore/metal to do it properly.

Plus I don't expect most people at a rap show to understand the rules of a mosh pit.

CZW - 1999.02.13 - Opening Night

First dudes out are Quicksilver (not the PWG one) and CZW Jr. Heavyweight Champion The Sensational One. He does not live up to his billing. Both dudes have no wrestling gear, unless elbow pads count, and look nothing like wrestlers. As it turns out, they don't really wrestle like wrestlers either. This was the best move of the match;

Quicksilver.gif

This wasn't;

Quicksilver.gif

Quicksilver gets the win and the title after hitting a spinning falcon arrow. The Sensational One attacks him as he celebrates and cuts a 30 second heel promo where he says "let me tell you something" six times.

Next match, two guys who appear to be early 90's WWF jobbers taking on a bowling-themed big guy tag team. Extreme Farenheit vs The King Pinz. Bowling dudes attack before the bell but encounter the extreme agility of Extreme Farenheit. Assisted plancha followed by a suicide dive. Not bad. King Pinz get control. The one with hair looks like he's scared to run the ropes. Worse than Kelly Kelly, seriously.

King_Pinz1.gif

They go for that tag team Irish whip into the corner thing, but the one with hair gets confused causing the bald one to loudly exclaim "what the fuck're you doin?!".

King_Pinz.gif

The WWF jobbers get their hope spots, but the Pinz keep cutting them off. This section of the match drags on and on. The King Pinz are pretty fucking dire. The WWF jobbers get the hot tag finally, only for the ref to get distracted and the bald King Pin hitting one of Extreme Fareinheit with a bowling pin for the win.

3rd match in, Mr. Meaner takes on Ric Blade. These guys aren't entirely terrible, just mostly terrible. Blade thinks he's real fancy with his kicks and shit (including an old-school dropped into an Arabian press armdrag), while Meaner does little but stomp and punch. Ric Blade's broad gets involved, low blows Meaner and hits a slow-mo hurricanrana, but Blade can't capitalise because he sucks.

Blade1.gif

He misses a moonsault and lands with all his weight on his knees. Mutoh cried out in pain 6,000 miles away. Meaner hits a Michinoku driver for the win.

Meaner.gif

That's enough of that for now.

Top Bottom