• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

DMczaf

THE BOSS is here.

tumblr_n9zowb7O5d1sbzhteo2_400.gif

tumblr_n9zowb7O5d1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_n9zowb7O5d1sbzhteo3_400.gif

tumblr_n9zowb7O5d1sbzhteo4_400.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I thought Sasha Banks was the boss. She has the necklace and everything. You guys can't just keep giving Eva Marie nicknames. She's not Randy Orton.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
3-Panel Almost-Jiff Comic about Fergal McBlarney O'Houlihan (leaked WWE name since they are the worst)

DSC06917_zpsdc26a128.jpg

tumblr_n7v307Ta0o1qzkr3vo6_250.gif

ibhFs631hIw1MO.gif

somedevil

So that means it never happened. Gotcha.

Yeah, it happened but they saw it, knew it sucked and changed it. NXT is developmental so they try out stuff and change it if its not working.

Its just funny people bringing it up like she is continuing it when they stopped it because people who write NXT know what works or doesn't when booking.

edit: Also it seems NXT talents create there own names. Chris Hero made is own name and so did Seth Rollins.

strobogo

Banned
Man the reaction to Eva wasn't anything like Aiii was hoping for. The crowd went harder on Bo than her. Poor Aiii. Now what will her jerk off to?

Oh

M378D.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Chigusa Nagayo vs Dump Matsumoto Hair vs Hair match (1985) part 2 part 3
I find this stipulation odd. Does Dump strike anyone as a person who would be upset about losing her hair? Chigusa is SO over, holy moley. Her hair's nothing special either, but it's not like anyone can compare to Bull who is at ringside. As well as MONSTER RIPPER! Who is my favorite wrestler name ever. And who is also Bertha Faye. Man, everyone in this ring is so different looking. It's really refreshing.

Dump wasn't dump! Kaoru was dump! Mask Woman was Dump! Russo.jpeg
dumprevealrrody.gif

Her hair is pretty sweet. I'm starting to see the stipulation now.

There are so many female fans in the audience. They are so loud, and they are so behind Chigusa. This period has to have the highest percentage of female fans in professional wrestling of all time. They're all over the crowd. Dump works one hell of a heel gimmick. She's so good at baiting the crowd to cheer even more for the insanely over face.

This match is a big reminder of why I love wrestling so much. It's not a technical show, it's an emotional rollercoaster. Dump isn't busting out suplexe after suplex on the apron and Chigusa isn't hitting a brainbuster after getting a DDT. Chigusa does a really cool kip-up spot during an armbar and Dump turns it into another armbar which she kips up from again. IT's one of the few 'big spots' in the whole match, and it's accentuated because of the chemistry in the ring. The match is storytelling ass storytelling.

I'll spoil the ending behind a tag. The end about what's kind of cool in this match that Japanese fans don't normally do.
They throw trash in the ring because chigusa lost and got her head shaved. They are fucking pissed about it. How often do you see Japanese fans fucking pissed about the outcome of a match? The emotion is so high in this feud

Coketruck

Really wish they had the last Nitro on the Network. They only got the RAW for that day. I wanted to see the look of panic on Schiavone and Tenay's faces.

My friend and I were at the last Nitro (I grew up in a small town about an hour north of Panama City Beach). Seeing Shane walk down the ramp in person at the end of the show was just about the weirdest damn thing I'd ever seen at that point.

Also, one of the production guys started playing "It's the End of the World as We Know It" through the giant speakers after the broadcast ended. At least someone had a sense of humor about the whole thing.

strobogo

Banned
Chigusa Nagayo vs Dump Matsumoto Hair vs Hair match (1985) part 2 part 3
I find this stipulation odd. Does Dump strike anyone as a person who would be upset about losing her hair? Chigusa is SO over, holy moley. Her hair's nothing special either, but it's not like anyone can compare to Bull who is at ringside. As well as MONSTER RIPPER! Who is my favorite wrestler name ever. And who is also Bertha Faye. Man, everyone in this ring is so different looking. It's really refreshing.

Dump wasn't dump! Kaoru was dump! Mask Woman was Dump! Russo.jpeg
dumprevealrrody.gif

Her hair is pretty sweet. I'm starting to see the stipulation now.

There are so many female fans in the audience. They are so loud, and they are so behind Chigusa. This period has to have the highest percentage of female fans in professional wrestling of all time. They're all over the crowd. Dump works one hell of a heel gimmick. She's so good at baiting the crowd to cheer even more for the insanely over face.

This match is a big reminder of why I love wrestling so much. It's not a technical show, it's an emotional rollercoaster. Dump isn't busting out suplexe after suplex on the apron and Chigusa isn't hitting a brainbuster after getting a DDT. Chigusa does a really cool kip-up spot during an armbar and Dump turns it into another armbar which she kips up from again. IT's one of the few 'big spots' in the whole match, and it's accentuated because of the chemistry in the ring. The match is storytelling ass storytelling.

I'll spoil the ending behind a tag. The end about what's kind of cool in this match that Japanese fans don't normally do.
They throw trash in the ring because chigusa lost and got her head shaved. They are fucking pissed about it. How often do you see Japanese fans fucking pissed about the outcome of a match? The emotion is so high in this feud

Not enough emotional matches in wrasslin anymore. It's all about being technically proficient or showing off how many cool moves you can do. I like it when the wrestlers feel like they are having a fight and not an exhibition. That's why Brock is the best. His matches feel like emotional fights. They might be sloppy. They might be reckless. The over all story might be a little dodgy. But they are emotional fights. Shit needs to seem like a struggle, not who can do the most moves the best. Let me feel the hate. ADR/Ziggler from Payback last year was pretty awesome because of the emotions. Bork/Punk was awesome for the brutality and emotions. Bryan/Cena was great because of the emotional factor of Bryan's rise. That shit is way more important than who is technically the best.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not enough emotional matches in wrasslin anymore. It's all about being technically proficient or showing off how many cool moves you can do. I like it when the wrestlers feel like they are having a fight and not an exhibition. That's why Brock is the best. His matches feel like emotional fights. They might be sloppy. They might be reckless. The over all story might be a little dodgy. But they are emotional fights. Shit needs to seem like a struggle, not who can do the most moves the best. Let me feel the hate. ADR/Ziggler from Payback last year was pretty awesome because of the emotions. Bork/Punk was awesome for the brutality and emotions. Bryan/Cena was great because of the emotional factor of Bryan's rise. That shit is way more important than who is technically the best.

I can tell the truly great mark of quality with a match when I'm exhausted at the end. And this one hit me like Macho Man vs Jake. Just like, 'woof, ok guys, I need a break. That match wore me out trying to see a winner in it.' Brock vs Punk had a similar result for me.

is it better than everyone thought or something?
I think some people were sure it wasn't going to be at top of the weekend box office. Never underestimate the power of kids I guess.

As for the quality, I have no clue. I bet it's not as bad as what some people say and it's not as good as what some people say.

More fat guys who can work is never a bad thing. In fact, it's something wrestling could do with more of, so kudos to Hero.

This post has been brought to you by the North-South Connection;

FE55nxd.jpg

strobogo

Banned
I think some people were sure it wasn't going to be at top of the weekend box office. Never underestimate the power of kids I guess.

As for the quality, I have no clue. I bet it's not as bad as what some people say and it's not as good as what some people say.

Let me guess opinions:

Best movie I've seen in a LONG time. Better than anything Marvel or DC has put out. Turtle Power!

Fucking terrible. One of the worst and dumbest movies I've ever seen. Michael Bay ruins everything.

Gorillaz

is it better than everyone thought or something?

It did it's job as a kids movie. Light as hell, you can feel a little of Bay's touch on it,even tho he isn't the director. Too much Megan Fox to be honest, and it feels like they scraped and changed storylines while filming

I wonder if they'll bother to show any of the pre panel stuff on the Network for Summerslam next week. At least the 2K stuff will be streamed on twitch unless they scrapped that too.

It did it's job as a kids movie. Light as hell, you can feel a little of Bay's touch on it,even tho he isn't the director. Too much Megan Fox to be honest, and it feels like they scraped and changed storylines while filming

I just need to know one thing:

Do the Turtles defeat
Shredder
in the end or not?

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Not possible.

Top Bottom