• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

G1 Climax 24 is the greatest tourney ever.

also Eating Spirit

BukI0gHIUAAaaRX.jpg

Bray doesn't look that bad shirtless.

strobogo

Banned
God damn Hero. How unhealthy is it to suddenly put on what appears to be at least 30 pounds of fat in 8 months in your 30s? That dude must be so depressed.

BUT WHAT IF his plan is to get really fat and then lose it all to prove he has the work ethic WWE fired him for not having? SWERVE: He's going to be fat forever now.

Even one Fatt Hardy didn't let himself go that quickly.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He must figure WWE has gone a long time without a true fatass on the roster and thinks with a bit of makeup he can be Yokozuna.

Alucard

Banned
Just saw Guardians of the Galaxy with my wife. What a fun movie. I was entertained from beginning to end, and basically switched between laughter, exhilaration, and suppressed tears for much of the story. Easily my favourite movie this year.

God damn Hero. How unhealthy is it to suddenly put on what appears to be at least 30 pounds of fat in 8 months in your 30s? That dude must be so depressed.

BUT WHAT IF his plan is to get really fat and then lose it all to prove he has the work ethic WWE fired him for not having? SWERVE: He's going to be fat forever now.

Even one Fatt Hardy didn't let himself go that quickly.

What sucks is that is what has happened to me this year. I am normally 140, and I am 172 right now. Shit sucks. I've been super lazy ever since I got injured at the gym.

strobogo

Banned
What sucks is that is what has happened to me this year. I am normally 140, and I am 172 right now. Shit sucks. I've been super lazy ever since I got injured at the gym.

I mean I put on 30 pounds myself, but I'm still in my mid 20s and I felt like it knocked the shit out of me. Knees/ankles/hips hurt all the time. Back stiff. Out of breath much quicker. No energy. I've lost about half of it and still feel the effects. Hero is almost a decade older than me and doing a job where he is required to be pretty active. It's been hard as fuck for me to lose the weight at 26. Hero is 34.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dream....

Retweeted by Karen Jarrett
Kevin Sullivan @KevinSullyTV · 3h
Don't ride other peoples waves, coattails, or reputations. Stand up and own it. Get out of the way.
ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 4 times4 FavoriteFavorited 2 times2
More
I think they're... well, you know (also, not that kevin sullivan)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
wrasslegaf, i need more 80s bands to listen to. I already have Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, New Order, Hall & Oates, Cure, Springsteen, Genesis, Was (Not Was), Michael Jackson, U2, Tears For Fears, INXS, Robert Palmer, and Bananarama.

But I need a much bigger sample palette.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I dunno.

I've talked to people who legit think Man of Steel is better than anything in the MCU

Yeah, the DC fanatics are much more defensive and combative due to the company being so down the past few years. They typically have to make up for DC by getting into silly fights in a battle their will continue to lose for the next few years.

i dunno, like 95% of the 80s shit i listen to on the reg is hardcore punk and the weak latter half careers of good 70s bands. so, listen to Gray Matter? idk

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yeah, the DC fanatics are much more defensive and combative due to the company being so down the past few years. They typically have to make up for DC by getting into silly fights in a battle their will continue to lose for the next few years.
I don't get involved in that crap, but it seems like the Marvel people take this wayyyy too seriously. They're just comic book movies, and just that. I like Marvel, but I guess I would be more into their stuff if they tried harder at stuff outside of just movies. Their game selection is trash, and most of their animated work is subpar too.

Caspel

I don't get involved in that crap, but it seems like the Marvel people take this wayyyy too seriously. They're just comic book movies, and just that. I like Marvel, but I guess I would be more into their stuff if they tried harder at stuff outside of just movies. Their game selection is trash, and most of their animated work is subpar too.

Nah, most marvel 'fanatics' I've seen on the forum are just basking in the success the studio is having and perhaps at the expense of DC fans, if only for the humor. There was a time when Batman fans would laugh people out of the room when the first Iron Man film was rumored. Times have changed. Marvel comics and films are on top. The Marvel games are doing well, too if you look beyond console games. Marvel Heroes and the mobile CCGs are doing well. They even copied one of the games I work on to try and get a cut of the pie.

Agree with this from a quality perspective. And DC is far outpacing them on TV too with Arrow and Flash compared to SHIELD. Really, cinematic is the only advantage Marvel has IMO.

Caspel

Agree with this from a quality perspective. And DC is far outpacing them on TV too with Arrow and Flash compared to SHIELD. Really, cinematic is the only advantage Marvel has IMO.

Marvel wins with comic sales, merchandise sales, and several other areas. You can't count Flash. If you are, then you might as well include Marvel's six upcoming TV shows (Daredevil, Iron Fist, luke cage, Jessica Jones, Defenders, Agent Carter).

Marvel wins with comic sales, merchandise sales, and several other areas. You can't count Flash. If you are, then you might as well include Marvel's six upcoming TV shows (Daredevil, Iron Fist, luke cage, Jessica Jones, Defenders, Agent Carter).

"Quality perspective" "IMO". No doubt Marvel is more successful though.

You may be alone in many areas, but I agree that Arrow is better than Shield. I won't go on too much though, OT has so many Marvel/DC/Comic threads as is.

Yeah, it comes down to preference really. I love the Arkham games, and Marvel really doesn't have an analogue (wish they did). Like DC's animated series (Batmn TAS, Beyond) over Marvel's. But I think they whole argument of one brand as a whole being "objectively" better than the other is kind of dumb.

I mean I put on 30 pounds myself, but I'm still in my mid 20s and I felt like it knocked the shit out of me. Knees/ankles/hips hurt all the time. Back stiff. Out of breath much quicker. No energy. I've lost about half of it and still feel the effects. Hero is almost a decade older than me and doing a job where he is required to be pretty active. It's been hard as fuck for me to lose the weight at 26. Hero is 34.
Yeah I feel the same way. I feel like shit when I get winded walking up a flight of stairs. The only reason I'm not TOO worried about it is because I've gained and lost large amounts of weight multiple times. I remember when I was 22 and I was just about 200 pounds and I lost 60 pounds in a little over 3 months. Granted that was almost 6 years ago and a lot can change with your body in 6 years.

I'm just having a difficult time finding motivation, which isn't something I've ever had a problem with before. I think it's because I was in such fantastic shape back in December and one little (kinda serious) injury fucked up everything. I worked out hard as hell for 2 years and lost it all in a matter of months.

Having already seen the first episode of Flash I think there's more room to judge it compared to what Marvel is doing with TV that we haven't seen a second's worth of footage from yet.

Anyway, jeeezus I always forget hot different Kevin Sullivan use to look.

I'm 210 or so currently and could easily stand to drop at least 30 pounds. I haven't really worked out in a very long time but losing or putting on weight back when I wanted to bulk up has never been that hard for me. Of course now saying that I'm gonna be fucked.

I dunno.

I've talked to people who legit think Man of Steel is better than anything in the MCU

Shhhh, knocking MoS will summon them, or him.

I hope her and Charlotte are able to compete against one another after Charlotte leaves NXT.

It's nice thinking that there's so much women's talent in NXT that the Divas roster will, in reasonably short order, be filled with nothing but good wrestlers. I mean, other than Eva and Cameron, it's almost there already. All of the others can go to some extent.

Caspel

It's nice thinking that there's so much women's talent in NXT that the Divas roster will, in reasonably short order, be filled with nothing but good wrestlers. I mean, other than Eva and Cameron, it's almost there already. All of the others can go to some extent.

I'm most excited for Sasha Banks to debut. I'd like to see more women heels and she could potentially be one of the better heels WWE could have in the division.

gah Day 11 hasn't been uploaded and i think i accidentally stumbled across the result for the finals. the price i pay for being cheap!

there are two big ones you seem to be forgetting

there are two big ones you seem to be forgetting

If you are referencing the Bellas, I think they have gotten to a point where they are fine. Definitely a step below the rest, but not offensive or anything. And damn was that Divas roster offensively bad from top to bottom for a good 4-5 years.

Hasney

If you are referencing the Bellas, I think they have gotten to a point where they are fine. Definitely a step below the rest, but not offensive or anything. And damn was that Divas roster offensively bad from top to bottom for a good 4-5 years.

When he said two big ones, I thought he was just referencing Nikki.

I dunno if i'd call them "good," or at least i haven't seen them be good lately. I guess it's hard to tell when one is stuck in handicap squash matches and the other is just cutting some just awful promos regularly
I was being cautious on Original Bonski's twitter, too, and BAM multiple images.
When he said two big ones, I thought he was just referencing Nikki.

iba7ldLHaUQUpl.gif

I dunno if i'd call them "good," or at least i haven't seen them be good lately. I guess it's hard to tell when one is stuck in handicap squash matches and the other is just cutting some just awful promos regularly[/IMG]

The best part is that they are on the lower end of talent in that division today, but if the 2014 versions of them were in that division in 2009, they'd have been two of the best. It's all relative. That they are mediocre to average and at the bottom of the talent level is a good sign for the division as a whole.

DiscoJon

Banned
wrasslegaf, i need more 80s bands to listen to. I already have Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, New Order, Hall & Oates, Cure, Springsteen, Genesis, Was (Not Was), Michael Jackson, U2, Tears For Fears, INXS, Robert Palmer, and Bananarama.

But I need a much bigger sample palette.

R.E.M., The Police, Black Flag, The Pixies, Aerosmith (late 80's only), Hüsker Dü, Billy Idol, Talking Heads, Tears For Fears, Eurythmics, My Bloody Valentine, Violent Femmes, Jane's Addiction

Any wrestling news site that posts spoilers in their headlines, fuck you. Was gonna watch VOD for the Evolve show, then as I'm checking on G1 stuff, there's a big headline of "
Galloway/McIntyre captures Evolve title from Hero!
"

Seriously, how hard is it to just say "Evolve 31 results."

That is a remotely interesting spoiler, I might check out the EVOLVE show.

Of course, I've only just now remembered that there's an EVOLVE show this weekend, so the price has increased by $5, so Gabe can go fuck himself. Also, when people were asking for package deals for EVOLVE's triple shot weekends, what they meant was a discount for people buying all 3 shows, not 'buy all 3 shows at full price and get free access to 2x VODs of previous events'.

Jeez, poor AIW - they'd booked a triple shot weekend in September entitled 'Grado does America', being the first promotion to fly Grado stateside and now he's had to cancel because he's going to be on TNA's British Boot Camp 2.

Bet you he wins the damn thing and ends up on TNA TV (if they still have TV). What a great way to legitimise British wrestling, with Rockstar Spud and Grado, lol.

I feel partially responsible for Hero. In New Orleans we had some leftover popeye's chicken strips we brought to the venue and he ate them. I enabled him.

Xater

That Hero picture is depressing. When saw him earlier this year he still looked good. He left the not in wrestling shape territory and is now just in the not in shape at all territory.

Top Bottom