• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Pokemon just got even better!

oMEzPyc.gif

Sloppy worker, landing right on his opponent's head. Bret Hart, who never injured anyone, would not approve.

New Paige:
Barbi-Hayden-Paige-Turner-Rebel-Yote-200x300.jpg

Cena's going full Hogan with that new merch.

OK, you guys all talk about omerta this, omerta that; well I got some omerta for you. This is how we're going to make this right:

I want you to type up a 300 word summary of the MGS series from Sons Of Liberty until this robot arm that you spoiled, in your own words. No copy/paste jobs, I'll know the difference. I want pics. I want gifs. Post it with no spoiler tags, if I got spoiled so will everyone else. You have until 11 PM PST.

If you fail to produce this report then we'll let the mods decide a more appropriate punishment for you.

XiVudWd.gif

Gorillaz

I thought he meant 11pm on Monday since I'm living in the Best Coast Time and it's 1:30ish

Bean meant 11pm Least Coast time....Damn Duncan, better tap into that Daniel Bryan movement power

tm24

Some interesting news about the El Rey AAA show from cubsfan on luchblog

On the latest MLW Radio podcast, Konnan mentions the plan was to tape AAA El Rey show at the end of August over 3 days. That plan may change to early September, because they want to use guys who are working PWG’s Battle of Los Angeles and they would be unavailable. That tournament starts 08/29. The El Rey tapings will take place in Los Angeles at a building El Rey owns, but Konnan was not allowed to say where. That suggests it’s a closed set (a building they’re filling with extra and not fans, as with previous LA based wrestling projects.)

Pushing the tapings back to the following weekend would mean a conflict with the AAA tapings in Mexico, but that may actually be an issue. (It may be pushed back later than that, as everything has been so far.) I don’t have the rest of this information confirmed, it’s very second and third handy, but it’s also clearly word that’s gotten out to various people the last few weeks based on bits and pieces which have turned up elsewhere: my impression is that the El Rey show will heavily use wrestlers from the US and not be built around those from AAA Mexico. There was a plan all along to bring in some US indy guys to augment the roster and to work as the evil lucha hating opposition. It’s going to be more than now. My impression is people in charge somewhere along the line decided those watching the show wouldn’t be able to tell the ethnicity of the people under the mask and gear, and then also decided it would just be easier to use Americans. And so it’s a show now waiting to tape based on the availability of the Southern California indy guys and not so much the Mexicans. This would not be an AAA call – they don’t have the reigns here – but more likely a Mark Burnett decision since he’s producing.

(I’m completely unclear if this means there will be a whole bunch of new characters for AAA US or if they’ll be “US” versions of the existing AAA characters. I don’t even want to think about it much, honestly.)

If this is right – and again, this is unconfirmed but based on what I’ve heard the last few weeks – that would also greatly harm if not killed the greater idea of a touring promotion. The US Indy guys can get work on their own, aren’t tied to AAA in the same way the Mexicans are, and really just playing a role on a TV show than working on a wrestling gimmick. I’ve also heard vague notions about the show being way out there in a way where it might not translate well to a traveling promotion. PWInsider alluded to that. It was asked elsewhere if this show would be like the “Power Rangers”, and I’m not sure I can rule that out. The little I know suggests the show is more an active adventure stage show than a sports event; people do travel around doing those shows (occasionally On Ice), but that’s a lot different product than AAA is presenting in Mexico. At any rate, the TV show is being produce like a TV show, and not something supposed to lead to AAA touring the Southwest or any of the big ideas they had when this project started

This El Rey show, whatever it’s called, may actually turn out to be good. The guys in PWG put on a really great shows and the knowledge about the concept is so thin that I don’t want to knock it before I’ve seen. It also may yet turn out successful in itself; El Rey doesn’t really have much reach on it’s own, but there’s been consistent talk about the show eventually reairing on Univision and that’d be a difference maker.

At the same time, this would be a complete disappointment in terms of what AAA planned and promoted for this project. They might get their name out to the US, but even that’s not a sure thing – they might call it something else. What AAA has for sure is credit and some money for coming up with the idea, but they may be legally bound to a product that doesn’t have much else to do with them and prevents them from making a better deal elsewhere. (AGAIN.) AAA loudly declared they were coming to the US. Something which credits AAA at the end of the show may be coming to the US, but the promotion itself does not appear to be expanding out of Mexico.
Rarely have I wanted people to start yelling at me about getting a story wrong than this one. It’s depressing. I have a lot more thoughts about this, but the story’s more interesting than anything I think.

Triple A (and Konnan) has been claiming they're just about to enter the US since literally, I was a teenager in the mid-90's. This isn't a huge surprise.

I don't get you. You spoil Metal Gear and I give you a chance to keep your account in good standing. I'm not the bad guy here, I'm the good guy.

This transgression shall not stand. If I don't do anything about this, then people are going to think it's open season on spoilers here.

Forget you, Duncan.

I don't get you. You spoil Metal Gear and I give you a chance to keep your account in good standing. I'm not the bad guy here, I'm the good guy.

This transgression shall not stand. If I don't do anything about this, then people are going to think it's open season on spoilers here.

Forget you, Duncan.

JF3ckCu.gif

Go 2 Sleep, Bean. It's late.

This Bret Hart 92 Timeline is horrible. He's a fucking prick. He hates bodybuilders and thinks it takes no effort. What a worthless fuck.

He's right though, what fuckin good are bodybuilders? Powerlifters, sure, but bodybuilders? Just a gross waste of time to end up looking utterly gross.

I really enjoyed that '92 timeline with Bret, even if he did kinda bury Vader.

Jamie OD

Triple A (and Konnan) has been claiming they're just about to enter the US since literally, I was a teenager in the mid-90's. This isn't a huge surprise.

As Konnan always says on his podcast "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. Boom."

AAA always sounded like a mess judging from what Konnan talks about. It's like three or four different groups working together without ever communicating with each other. In the last week all of the vocal lucha fans online have been pointing out how the TripleMania card has absolutely nothing to do with the storylines the TV shows have been promoting.

strobogo

Banned
Hey Bootaaay, I'd like to post a "G1 Climax Tournament Viewers Guide" on Wrestle Enigma, and I wanted to use this list, as I trust your opinion when it comes to this stuff. I don't have time to watch all of this, so I'd give you credit in the article itself. Is that cool?

Also, check your PMs.

You could also link the LS reviews as they come along. Spread the word, homie. Legit Shook still needs to go world wide.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My buddy got Nightmare In The Dark in his 4 slot MVS, and it is officially one of the most fun Neo Geo games I've ever played.
103953-nightmare-in-the-dark-arcade-screenshot-boss-transforms-into.png

It is also hell of expensive by itself

As Konnan always says on his podcast "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. Boom."

AAA always sounded like a mess judging from what Konnan talks about. It's like three or four different groups working together without ever communicating with each other. In the last week all of the vocal lucha fans online have been pointing out how the TripleMania card has absolutely nothing to do with the storylines the TV shows have been promoting.

Yeah, anybody who thinks WWE booking is terrible (and I'm not saying it's fantastic or anything) should have to watch a cycle of AAA booking and report back. Considering it sometimes drives Dr. Lucha and cubsfan to be gobsmacked at times, I wish them all the luck in the world.

UK fans, get ready! TNA announces Fan Interaction packages for the MAXIMUM IMPACT 7 Tour, along with the names of more international wrestling superstars who will be competing on the events in Glasgow, Manchester and London. Extra great seats, which were previously held off, are also being made available.

TNA World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Lashley will be making his first ever appearance in the UK as an IMPACT WRESTLING superstar at the January 2015 shows.

MVP, Taryn Terrell, The Beautiful People and Kenny King have also been added to a Tour roster that already features Samoa Joe, Gail Kim, Bully Ray, Magnus, James Storm, Bobby Roode, Mr Anderson, Eric Young, Gunner, Abyss, EC3, Tigre Uno and Rockstar Spud.

In another major announcement, TNA today confirms that the company’s trademark six-sided ring will be used on all MAXIMUM IMPACT 7 Tour events – the first time it will have been seen in Britain since 2010.

TNA President Dixie Carter said: “The MAXIMUM IMPACT Tour is a highlight of the year for the TNA Superstars who travel to these big events and meet the incredible fans.

“With an unmatched Fan Interaction experience, a roster of the best professional wrestlers in the world and the return of the six-sided ring, the shows scheduled for the 2015 MAXIMUM IMPACT Tour will be our best yet.”

Fan Interaction tickets for the January 2015 Tour go on sale on Friday August 15 at 10am – along with the extra great seats – and allow fans to meet some of their favourite wrestlers before each event.

The strictly limited meet & greet passes are available for all three shows and cost £35 plus booking fee. Those purchasing Fan Interaction tickets must also have a regular event ticket, which are sold separately, in order to gain access.

There will be eight TNA superstars at each meet & greet. Each wrestler will sign a maximum of two items per fan. TNA received positive press coverage and fan feedback last year after making a number of improvements to the Fan Interaction experience.

The MAXIMUM IMPACT 7 Tour sees TNA visit Glasgow (Jan 29) and Manchester (Jan 30) before culminating in a huge double TV taping and Ultimate X match in London on Jan 31.

Recall

Ricky Steamboat, the best or the bestest?

Watching the Steamboat DVD boxset WWE released several years back and its gotta be one of my favourite. There isn't a talent close to him today.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ricky Steamboat, the best or the bestest?

Watching the Steamboat DVD boxset WWE released several years back and its gotta be one of my favourite. There isn't a talent close to him today.

Eh.

I like Steamboat ok, but he's the definition of lost in the crowd to me. I never found his character interesting even though he had a great look for a babyface. If you do like Steamboat though, you should watch his best match. It's not on the DVD.

KissVibes

Banned

That's a nice shirt. Like the contrast cuffs and collar lining. Really hate the fit though, and he has nothing to pair favorably with the cuffs. He just looks like a walking ink blot.

A bit tacky to own a reversible belt, though. You can afford some nice full grain leather belts, Bryan. Buy a brown one and a black one. Damn.

Alucard

Banned
You could also link the LS reviews as they come along. Spread the word, homie. Legit Shook still needs to go world wide.

Haha. I'll see what I can do, but know that my articles usually only receive around the 100-click mark and rarely do more than that.

strobogo

Banned
Haha. I'll see what I can do, but know that my articles usually only receive around the 100-click mark and rarely do more than that.

I doubt any individual LS post gets much more than that. Wrecked this morning. Trying to scratch a mosquito bite on my leg. Lost my balance, front wheel twisted around and I slammed elbow/knee/hip first in the road. Immediately jumped up and threw my bike to the side of the road so no one hit me, then thought fffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkk that hurt. Then I kept riding because I'm not a Duncan.

No offense, Duncan. Maybe a little offense.

So that AAA on El Rey sounds like one of those Saturday morning live action sows on UPN and Fox in the 90's. at least El Local has another potential suotor. Brah is delusional about his weight. He doesn't have the athleticism, creativity or crispness to compete at that weight. Brah could've been big star if he just dut down a managable amount.

Hasney

Was just about to post this.

Pleased they worked something out.

Hopefully they retain the rights to the intro music as well.

The roster cut off is usually around that years Wrestlemania, so I thought he would have at least been worked on and been contractually allowed to appear due to him being under contract until July. Was just thinking that WWE may have asked him to be removed like they did Big Show after he got busted down to developmental during No Mercy/Smackdown 2.

Hasney

CM Punk, famously estranged from the WWE since walking out in January, will be one of four headliners in WWE 2K15’s new 2K Showcase mode. The single-player campaign focuses on two big rivalries from WWE history: CM Punk and John Cena from 2011 to 2013 and Triple H and former DX partner Shawn Michaels from 2002 to 2004. The two rivalry threads will be presented as mini-documentaries, using plenty of real-life footage of the feuds combined with commentary from the wrestlers involved to set up the matches.

Players will battle through a total of 33 matches in 2K Showcase mode, unlocking content along the way by completing historical objectives that match up with what really happened in the ring. For those dreaming of other epic rivalries, 2K may just grant your wish further down the line. The publisher has already promised story-based rivalry DLC packs post-launch.

CM Punk remains a fan favorite, regularly eliciting chants at live WWE events, despite being off WWE programming for most of 2014. The former wrestler has shown no interest in returning to WWE publicly and was moved from the current roster to the alumni section on WWE.com following his formal contract expiration in July. On a recent conference call, I asked WWE executive director Mark Little about how the team came to use CM Punk given his current status with the WWE.

“Each year we try and create the best WWE 2K roster possible and even though CM Punk is not currently appearing on WWE programming we’re really happy that we’re able to still provide for everybody this rivalry against John Cena and CM Punk as part of 2K15,” Little said. “As much in the same way that Shawn [Michaels] currently isn’t active for the WWE either, but he’s still able to be part of WWE 2K15 because the WWE universe extends through all of the time and history of the company. One of the great things about being able to do the 2K Showcase and look backwards at some of these previous rivalries is to be able to share with the WWE universe all the people that might not be on current programming."

That street fight in 2002 between HBK and HHH should be a fun play.

Recall

Development times save the day.

I have a news flash for you all, WWE2K16 is being worked on before 2K15 releases, why? Because its normal for yearly release.

Hasney

Development times save the day.

I have a news flash for you all, WWE2K16 is being worked on before 2K15 releases, why? Because its normal for yearly release.

Yup, but they still cut people that leave. Hell, they've cut people who just got busted down to developmental before. The fact that he was such a large part of the game or the fact WWE still think he can be a selling bought is what saved the day.

Top Bottom