• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

CM_Punk_Retro.jpg

Yussssss. Save me downloading a CAW.

Yay! Hopefully this means CM Punk is coming back for another run and gets fed to Cena as punishment for walking out.

And is John "I love this company and never miss a day" Cena back from filming that movie?

Been weird not having a 2 biggest stars on each week but it has helped them push the rest of the card I guess.

Yup, Cena's absence has propelled Brie Bella to main event status.

If this is a post Cena world, do we really want it?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
CM_Punk_Retro.jpg

Yussssss. Save me downloading a CAW.

Laughing heartily at how slim they made him. Yeah...I've never seen that Punk. Even when he had a Muscle Grade in the indie days, he was never that slender.

thats just what your body looks like when your feet is pointing in one direction and your torso is rotated into another direction.

Still psyched that Punk's in though. I'm actually excited for this game now. And I never found any of the recent games THAT offensive.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He's right though, what fuckin good are bodybuilders? Powerlifters, sure, but bodybuilders? Just a gross waste of time to end up looking utterly gross.

I really enjoyed that '92 timeline with Bret, even if he did kinda bury Vader.

I'm probably 3/4 through it and I just can't stand him at all. He's so dismissive and shitty. Calling the Almighty Gary Strydom "Stridex" - pft.

Funny how Bret felt bodybuilding was a waste when he wasn't too far off from being one of those, physically. He was jacked to fuck for a long time.

aOTBzcz.jpg

He just needed to cut weight and he would have been there. Piece of shit. Fuck you Bret.

thats just what your body looks like when your feet is pointing in one direction and your torso is rotated into another direction.

Still psyched that Punk's in though. I'm actually excited for this game now. And I never found any of the recent games THAT offensive.

Alright, since you're saying this, it's time for you to prove it. Take a pic. Then turn the toes and take a pic. That Punk never existed breh.

Alucard

Banned
Was WWE All-Stars for the Wii any good? It's pretty much the only wrestling game I can get at the moment, as I don't have any of the newer systems.

jmdajr

Chris Jericho- “I don’t think there’s such a thing as a bad Jericho return at this point, because I think when I leave as frequently as I do that people are always excited to see me back. And always mad at me for not being here, and then mad at me when I’m here, and then mad at me when I leave again, so… people are just mad at me all the time, you know?”

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stro's LEGITSHOOK.COM G1 reviews are fun to read. It's fun to hear what Stro thinks of em.

Stro's LEGITSHOOK.COM G1 reviews are fun to read. It's fun to hear what Stro thinks of em.

well i can't find pics of torsos pointing in one direction while feet are pointing another, but you look much more leaner, more even when both are looking the same direction.

case in point your favorite person ever: Bret 'Hitman' Hart.

UmZJBJp.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's not a Real Bret either though. It's a lot less adjusted, but that's had some work done. Uguu~

to be honest, i lost the point in this entire thing, i just woke up. Just wanted an excuse to post a pic the greatest Canadian since Wolverine, Bret 'Hitman' Hart.

8219804_orig.jpg

wait this looks familiar....

986506015-00.jpg

!!!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Best Canadian wrestler might be Bret Hart, even though I can't stand him anymore. I can't deny his in-ring talent.

Was WWE All-Stars for the Wii any good? It's pretty much the only wrestling game I can get at the moment, as I don't have any of the newer systems.
Nah. Really crappy roster. To me, it seemed like a dress reherasal before the actual show. It seems they were looking to turn it into a franchise but the sales were never there......

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Even though I'm still tired of him from years of being shoved down our throat... I can't imagine anyone can deny that Tanahashi is the best wrestler in the world. He has John Cena's work ethic and marketability(Even though that hair is so stupid), and he's got the ability of a Macho Man Randy Savage. And his natural charisma is all he needs in Japan since there's not exactly a lot of promos going on.

Also, Owen is the best Canadian wrestler.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Even though I'm still tired of him from years of being shoved down our throat... I can't imagine anyone can deny that Tanahashi is the best wrestler in the world. He has John Cena's work ethic and marketability(Even though that hair is so stupid), and he's got the ability of a Macho Man Randy Savage. And his natural charisma is all he needs in Japan since there's not exactly a lot of promos going on.

Also, Owen is the best Canadian wrestler.

You ready for Heel Tanahashi? It's starting...
lNs33H7.png

For those that don't sub the Network thread, WWE Network is now available to a ton of international countries, you can check here which ones it's available in: https://secure.net.wwe.com/account/help/help-center/?topic=subscribed/0/a_id/166/

Sorry Germans, nothing for you yet, UK of course have to wait until October 1st, rest of Europe is pretty much allowed in now though.

The best of WWE Network is coming to Canada in the new WWE NET PAK subscription package. The preview is available 7 days a week beginning Tuesday, August 12th on the WWE NET PAK subscription service on Rogers Channel 512. Call your local service provider for details or click here for more information

:(

I haven't played the Wii Version but All-Stars is top tier. It isn't a sim game but I think it captures the essence of wrestling memories from childhood pretty well. Roster is small but comprised of large name talent. Fantasy Matches have a neat video that plays before hand and it has a story/ladder mode. It's a great local multiplayer game too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What an excellent way to sell the guy supposed to be your draw for Latinos, "made in America". Telling them their "guy" had to leave Mexico to be anyone.

That was their target demographic though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It started at Invasion Attack when he trolled the crowd constantly in his match with Nakamura.

I just want a heel turn that doesn't involve fucking Bullet Club.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
to be honest, it's probably Benoit.

Benoit deserves to be ignored. I'm not about to crank this place up into a "should Benoit be acknowledged or not" but he can definitely get a blacklist from any best-ofs due to what he did. It's fine to appreciate his ring work, but it's very hard to WANT to see much of what he did anymore.

Aiii

So not worth it
Who do you think the surprise guests on Raw tonight?

Is everyone going to let out a big sigh when it's Hall and Nash?

I would probably mark out for an nWo reunion, I'll be honest.

Benoit deserves to be ignored. I'm not about to crank this place up into a "should Benoit be acknowledged or not" but he can definitely get a blacklist from any best-ofs due to what he did. It's fine to appreciate his ring work, but it's very hard to WANT to see much of what he did anymore.

Agreed. Seriously, every time he does his diving headbutt or chair shots to the head I cringe.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
With everything Benoit did in the ring.........

It's still Owen.

Edit: Actually, no. It's Quake. Quake is the greatest Canadian. HE NEARLY ENDED HULKAMANIA!

I would probably mark out for an nWo reunion, I'll be honest.

Agreed. Seriously, every time he does his diving headbutt or chair shots to the head I cringe.
Prepare to mark then brother. Scott Hall's Twitter doesn't seem to be making it much of a secret

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Earthquake was one of those wrestlers I didn't appreciate until I was older. He deserved better. Great dude.

Foffy

Banned
Who do you think the surprise guests on Raw tonight?

Is everyone going to let out a big sigh when it's Hall and Nash?

I can only sigh that these old guys keep getting involved with things. First with Jarrett
joining Bullet Club
and now potentially this.

yeah you're right.

Dude was straight up my Austin/Bret/Rock ten years ago and....yeah he was also responsible for not watching wrestling for 4 years as well.

Top Bottom