• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
5-6-2013+10-06-17+PM.jpg
Bork gets pinned, Rollins cashes in, Cena overcomes the odds

BRRRRRRRR APPLEDOUGH

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Surprised how many jokes are able to be made about Sheamus as Vader.

EDIT: Ithil, this may be an international thing but in America, they were specifically focusing on their American Latino fans, not Mexico itself - it's a huge demographic here and a lot of them came here chasing the American Dream (not Dusty) and wanted the fuck out of Mexico, and they love America. My Latino friends!

Sephzilla

You don't honestly think that they'd devalue Taker's streak by making Brock job to Cena yet again?

C'MON NOW!

Taker's streak's already been devauled. In the video package on Raw didn't Cena say he wanted to be the one to beat the one?

Yeah, Cena's AAing Brock so hard they retcon WM30 into Cena beating Taker.

I don't think so. He was supposed to be the Mexican hero as a face, so his catchphrase becomes "made in America"? It's just a stupid move when trying to sell him as the Latino star.

Well, he's now a fired Mexican hero so I don't think you need to worry about that anymore.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pretty sure Brock's never used a keyboard before. It'd be like that HBK gif except instead Brock would just end up hitting someone with the keyboard

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Allow me to activate the Bootaaay-Signal over our skies
Stqy3Pc.gif

Cena is walking out champion. Ot's a guarantee at this point. After the subs were announced, it moved to a guaran-damn-tee.

Cena isn't the answer. Even WWE has to know that. He won the title and they dropped at least 10k subs as a result. And it's probably more. But it was Whatever Amount They Gained - Who Dropped The Network = -10,000 after Cena won the title.

Watching some '99 CZW again, not really sure why. The undercard guys are all complete garbage, but at least the main event guys (while also garbage) are willing to do some stupid shit. Have some gifs;

Gage.gif

Lobo.gif

CZW.gif

Allow me to activate the Bootaaay-Signal over our skies

Excellent. This reminds me, I need to catch up on BJW now the G1's over.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You are watching pure garbage, Boots. I saw that collection and considered it...

Ithil

Surprised how many jokes are able to be made about Sheamus as Vader.

EDIT: Ithil, this may be an international thing but in America, they were specifically focusing on their American Latino fans, not Mexico itself - it's a huge demographic here and a lot of them came here chasing the American Dream (not Dusty) and wanted the fuck out of Mexico, and they love America. My Latino friends!

Just an outsider's perspective. Then again they're now hoping Kalisto will be their next big Latino star, yet down on NXT commentary keeps calling him and his ilk a "lucha" and not a luchador. I can't imagine getting basic terms wrong does wonders for any lucha fans watching.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just an outsider's perspective. Then again they're now hoping Kalisto will be their next big Latino star, yet down on NXT commentary keeps calling him and his ilk a "lucha" and not a luchador. I can't imagine getting basic terms wrong does wonders for any lucha fans watching.

I think it's a happy medium for their targets. Luchador might be too much for white kids, but lucha is simpler. I honestly think they don't have any real interest in the real fans in Mexico where that culture is much stronger - perhaps they feel they can't compete with that type of solid, diehard wrestling culture down there but would rather focus on the crossover.

“I think people say you play politics on your way up. When I got to WWE, Cena was already a top guy so what politics would there be to play? He’s the top guy, everybody loves him, the fans love him, everybody backstage loves him. So when he’s talking to people, there’s no politicking. He’s just getting along with everybody. I think there’s an agenda to make sure he’s the top buy that that’s because they’ve invested money in him and that makes sense. I don’t think there’s much backstage politicking.”

Evan Bourne

Sephzilla

*Is still paying attention to the Shaemus/Vader thread*

For fucks sake. It's like people completely fucking forgot about the scene in Empire where Luke sees and fights a hallucination of Vader on Dagobah.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sometimes when I watch XPW and how unsafe it is, I have trouble finishing it because I can just feel the concussions all the way from here. Several years later, and it makes me uncomfortable because I'm a human who has sympy.

Bootaaay is a monster is what I'm saying.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Liked the Day 4 writeup. I guess Anderson will never work for you. Honma's Kokeshi is a crowd-pleasing move and I laugh every time he goes for it. Fuckin limp fish. He's so great in these matchups though.

strobogo

Banned
Liked the Day 4 writeup. I guess Anderson will never work for you. Honma's Kokeshi is a crowd-pleasing move and I laugh every time he goes for it. Fuckin limp fish. He's so great in these matchups though.

He does absolutely nothing for me. His spots are so convoluted and telegraphed. If something intense was going on, I'd be instantly taken out of it by how 30 reversals into a cutter where he fakes the cutter at least 4 times and all of them look like they're obviously not going to hit in the first place. I just can't figure out how he was the US indie picked for that spot besides that he's taller than most of them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He does absolutely nothing for me. His spots are so convoluted and telegraphed. If something intense was going on, I'd be instantly taken out of it by how 30 reversals into a cutter where he fakes the cutter at least 4 times and all of them look like they're obviously not going to hit in the first place. I just can't figure out how he was the US indie picked for that spot besides that he's taller than most of them.

A good portion of the stuff Anderson does in NJPW goes against the grain of their usual stuff, so it's refreshing to see him try to make creative things happen. While those of us who've seen a lot of wrestling everywhere like yourself are kind of used to the idea of say, Anderson storming his opponent before the bell rings it's less frequent over there and is a direct result of him trying to keep things interesting over there, and I like it. I think he's a good fit for NJPW because he brings in things they usually don't see so much of, or haven't for quite some time.

I enjoy watching the reversals to see how he makes them work in the end - I never really look at it like "Well there's no way his Gun Stun is going to hit until....." but I just kinda enjoy watching to see if it'll be him or his opponent getting the finisher.

Top Bottom