• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Mengetsu

image.jpg

#dirtydeeds

WHATS THAT? THE DOG NEEDS TO BE WALKED?

Be back guys gotta um..take the dog out.

Verendus

Banned
WWE seems to be giving people what they want lately.

Brock Lesnar beat the living crap out of Big Show with a chair earlier this year.

Bryan becoming champion at Wrestlemania 30.

Brock Lesnar about to become champion this Sunday.

Honestly, I think my wish of seeing someone beat the crap out of Michael Cole using all assortments of weapons such as chairs and steel chains is quite possible now.

strobogo

Banned
*spits out juicy juice* WHAT?!!

There's a booking mode o_o

Yes. One of the Japanese versions of Fire Pro on GBA had a supposedly pretty deep and in depth booking mode, dealing with all the financials and keeping personalities happy and all of that. And booking for your specific audience and all that. But it was taken out of the US version and I thought someone was working on a translation patch years ago but I can't find anything about it. Kind of like the people who were doing a translation patch for VPW2 and KoC that never worked out.

FPR fucked up by not allowing edits into the match making mode. What the fuck kind of bone headed dip shit made that decision?

RP912

Banned
Yes. One of the Japanese versions of Fire Pro on GBA had a supposedly pretty deep and in depth booking mode, dealing with all the financials and keeping personalities happy and all of that. And booking for your specific audience and all that. But it was taken out of the US version and I thought someone was working on a translation patch years ago but I can't find anything about it. Kind of like the people who were doing a translation patch for VPW2 and KoC that never worked out.

I just drooled furiously and breaking the keyboard trying to find info on this as I type...

I would dial the numbers
Just to listen to your breath
I would stand inside my hell
And hold the hand of death
You don't know how far I'd go
Just to ease this precious ache
You don't know how much i'd give
Or how much I can take

Just to reach you
Just to reach you
Just to reach you

#myseed

FPR fucked up by not allowing edits into the match making mode. What the fuck kind of bone headed dip shit made that decision?

It's the game's Achilles heel

RP912

Banned

The worst part of that feature is the backwards ass save issues. It got to the point I just let it simmed for the whole day just do finish that dumb ass mode.

Btw the deathmatch promotion is the easiest promotion to get good results.

strobogo

Banned

I'm kind of surprised someone hasn't figured out a hack for it. The game would really have pretty infinite replay value if you could do edits and do a season with your new saves and whatnot.

Oh shit I didn't realize the FFPW translation patch ever got finished.

strobogo

Banned
KOC also had an issue for me at least where during booking mode it only showed the kanji names on the booking screen so I'd get confused at who I was booking on the card unless I was writing them down and whatnot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn, fought a Legendary tier card I think. It was exploding with shiny.

11 matches in to the IWA-MS show. Not even half-way yet. I'm losing the will to live.

Steve Stone vs Cameron Cage - this was a fine match, nothing botchy, nothing done terribly badly, it just wasn't all that engaging. There were, count 'em, 8 freaking over-the-head Irish whip reversals in this one match, though. And about 6 of those were done into some sort of pump-handle slam. Next up was Trik Davis vs Adam Evans - Trik's hilarious. He's slightly too tall to be a flippy indie midget, but is far too scrawny to be anything buy a flippy indie midget. So he tries and his feet touch the floor on a tornado DDT, or he doesn't leave his feet for a leg lariat until his foot's already connected. Evans sucks and does a shitty version of Ultimo Guerrero's Guerrero Special, but Trik rolls him up for the win outta nowhere;

Evans.gif

Moving on, Chandler McClure vs Justin Kage, you guessed it, fucking sucked. McClure was being an asshole laying it into the Kage, who is yet another of the many Low Ki wannabes that sprung up between 2001-2005, both guys are real bad. Watch Kage's neck as he gets fucking spiked on this DDT;

Chandler.gif

Chandler finishes Kage with a goofy looking hangman-style Gory Special;

Chandler1.gif

Match 11, Jesus, is the aforementioned Spyder Nate Webb vs Cash Flo match that I was dreading. I like Nate, it's hard NOT to like Nate and I think that's part of why he got booked so much, because god knows it wasn't for anything he was doing in the ring. Dude has an easy manner that crowds like. Unfortunately, he's pretty sloppy in the ring. Cash Flo is pretty poor, but he tries and does a fairly good job working over Nate's knee. Webb gets the win with his chairsault;

Webb1.gif

Post-match Nate celebrates with IWA-MS superfan 'Crazy Pipe Guy'. WWE have Vladimir, ECW had Hat Guy, IWA-MS had Crazy Pipe Guy (he's sadly no longer with us);

Webb2.gif

Top Bottom