• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Fans have been booing Cena since 2006. They were super into him until he and Batista switched brands and fans have rarely been more than 60% on his side ever since. It's become part of his character and acknowledged on just about every show.

I don't know how I'm ever gonna catch up. If it's been happening since 2006, why are the announcers ignoring it? It's obvious they're talking about him as the face and this Wyatt guy as the heel but everyone is cheering for him?

strobogo

Banned
I don't know how I'm ever gonna catch up. If it's been happening since 2006, why are the announcers ignoring it? It's obvious they're talking about him as the face and this Wyatt guy as the heel but everyone is cheering for him?

They don't ignore it. It's acknowledged pretty frequently. Cena is a constant and never changes, but fan reaction changes to him. And announcers talk about that on just about every show once the Cena Sucks/Let's Go Cena chants start up. Cena is the ultimate good guy and it is usually portrayed as the fans being assholes.

oeUgJr4.jpg

Fuck this goddamn shameless company

BHZ Mayor

Wait until you get to when the commentary spins Wyatt's cheers as the crowd being brainwashed by his rhetoric.

They don't ignore it. It's acknowledged pretty frequently. Cena is a constant and never changes, but fan reaction changes to him. And announcers talk about that on just about every show once the Cena Sucks/Let's Go Cena chants start up. Cena is the ultimate good guy and it is usually portrayed as the fans being assholes.

Oh right, I'm literally watching the match right now for the first time and they've not mentioned it, I'm guessing they do in normal shows. .....i really want some mountain dew for some reason.

Wait until you get to when the commentary spins Wyatt's cheers as the crowd being brainwashed by his rhetoric.

Yeah you're right they just said it haha.

Overall I've quite enjoyed the show, the cena/Wyatt match is a low point I must admit.

somedevil

Fuck this goddamn shameless company

Your anger at this is funny. The tweet is trolling people for laughs.

NoRéN;125593775 said:
How long before WWE lets Kevin Steen go since he on the chub side?

He hasn't reported yet and already he is already going to be let go? They have Bray on the roster already you know who has Steen build.

They are high on him and already told Ambrose to stop doing one of his moves. All he has to do is not pull a hero.

BHZ Mayor

Oh right, I'm literally watching the match right now for the first time and they've not mentioned it, I'm guessing they do in normal shows. .....i really want some mountain dew for some reason.

Yeah you're right they just said it haha.

Overall I've quite enjoyed the show, the cena/Wyatt match is a low point I must admit.

It's usually phrases like "the most polarizing superstar in WWE" or "the crowd's having fun."

Verendus

Banned
Fans have been booing Cena since 2006. They were super into him until he and Batista switched brands and fans have rarely been more than 60% on his side ever since. It's become part of his character and acknowledged on just about every show. They got sick of him and he's been exactly the same for 8 years now and people get more enjoyment out of booing him than cheering him. Only kids and some women cheer him. Sometimes. Crowds were definitely more on Bray Wyatt's side than Cena during that whole feud.
They should have just left Brotista on Raw for another 1-2 years and shipped Triple H to Smackdown. They brought over Jobber Cena and caused the most embarrassing backlash in history.

A backlash that began with Chris Jericho of all people.

strobogo

Banned

For the Wyatt feud they portrayed it as Wyatt brain washing the crowd to his side. But it's usually just "The fans are voicing their right to chose who they want to cheer for" kind of shit. Heels frequently call Cena out on how boring or fake he is, Cena says he respects the fans to cheer who they want to cheer, and respects the heels for saying what they want to say. Now he's just super, super over exposed. But in 2006, fans just flat out turned on him after being super into him because he lost all of his coolness after doing The Marine.

NoRéN

He hasn't reported yet and already he is already going to be let go? They have Bray on the roster already you know who has Steen build.

They are high on him and already told Ambrose to stop doing one of his moves. All he has to do is not pull a hero.

I'm hoping that WWE has finally realized that big dudes can be talented as well. It means Chris Hero still has a chance to come back.

Fuck, the chris hero pic someone posted recently made me sad.

For the Wyatt feud they portrayed it as Wyatt brain washing the crowd to his side. But it's usually just "The fans are voicing their right to chose who they want to cheer for" kind of shit. Heels frequently call Cena out on how boring or fake he is, Cena says he respects the fans to cheer who they want to cheer, and respects the heels for saying what they want to say. Now he's just super, super over exposed. But in 2006, fans just flat out turned on him after being super into him because he lost all of his coolness after doing The Marine.

Ah okay that makes sense, thanks!

Not going to be a popular opinion at all but holy shit I wish we had a separate WWE-only thread. Or at least WWE/TNA only. And then have a separate thread for trashy indie wrasslin'. Page 241 was legit unreadable. Bootaay posted 11 gifs of that IWA thing... ELEVEN. On one 50-post page. 11 fucking gifs of cheap indie 2 dollar wrestling. Jesus christ, I couldn't scroll through it fast enough.

Ithil

Not going to be a popular opinion at all but holy shit I wish we had a separate WWE-only thread. Or at least WWE/TNA only. And then have a separate thread for trashy indie wrasslin'. Page 241 was legit unreadable. Bootaay posted 11 gifs of that IWA thing... ELEVEN. On one 50-post page. 11 fucking gifs of cheap indie 2 dollar wrestling. Jesus christ, I couldn't scroll through it fast enough.

Oh man, that must have taken like, 4 seconds!

When the length of the thread is artificially inflated by 20% due to $2 indie wrestling gifs that 4 people care about, it's kind of a pain in the ass. Eleven on one fucking 50 post page. Like, do you have no shame. Holy fuck.

Gonzalez

Banned
Their agreement is with CMLL, so very unlikely we'll be seeing ADR, or 'El Patron', in NJPW again.
Actually from what I've been reading the NJPW/CMLL relationship has fizzled recently. So if NJPW still wants to work with a lucha promotion next year, then we might see them work with AAA in 2015. Unless of course Tanahashi comes in to work this years Universal Tournament, then that will squash that rumor. Also, El Patron could potentially have a falling out with AAA. Which has happened plenty of times with their part-time main event stars in recent years.

Those Bootaaay gifs actually pushed me over my college campus' bandwidth limit. Now I'm gonna have to deal with dial-up speeds when I'm there until it resets next month unless I pay up.

Thank you, friend.

a WWE only thread would probably cause every poster to kill themselves eventually, not the best idea

Simon Sezz, Mark Wolf, Josiah Cane, Jason Lancaster, Corporal Robinson, Purple Haze... thank god we're getting updates on these A+ players. I'd legit have to blow my brains out if not for this riveting discussion of indie wrasslin'. Can you imagine having to only talk about WWE/TNA? Horrific.

Raw64life

Having trouble finding the CM Punk .gif of him just turning his head and smirking as if to say "wow, really?" Any help?

I would pay money to see Tanahashi vs ADR. Like real money, not space bucks.

He'd fit right in to NJPW, but not surprisingly he's just going back to Mexico.

Ithil

When the length of the thread is artificially inflated by 20% due to $2 indie wrestling gifs that 4 people care about, it's kind of a pain in the ass. Eleven on one fucking 50 post page. Like, do you have no shame. Holy fuck.

4 whole seconds!

What's that? You want MORE posts about IWA-MS? Well, I aim to please.

Nigel McGuinness and Jimmy Jacobs wrestled a pretty fun little match, keeping things entirely on the mat so Nigel's size advantage never really came into play. Crowd loved Nigel's wacky Euro escapes, which Jacobs tried to copy without success. He eventually escapes a hammerlock by HUSS'ing around the ring with increasing speed until Nigel's thrown through the ropes. They pick up the pace, Nigel taking control with some stiff uppercuts, until Jacobs makes a nice bridging pin escape from a camel clutch for the 3-count. Fun stuff. HUSS!!

Carlton Kaz and Jeremy Madrox wrestled a nothing of a match that the crowd couldn't care less for. Unnecessary move of the day, a figure four piledriver;

Carlton.gif

Hy-Zaya and Simon Sezz follows, Simon's still nursing the beating he took from Ian Rotten and Hy-Zaya takes early control, catching Sezz with a disgusting kick to the back of the head. He goes for a swanton off the apron but eats nothing but chair. Simon follows up with a springboard 180 Asai moonsault, landing on the back of Zaya's head. Sezz hits a headscissors into an octopus stretch, but Zaya escapes and hits a splash mountain face buster, followed by a swanton onto Simon's face for the win. Not entirely terrible.

Hy_Zaya1.gif

Simon_Sezz.gif

Feel free to return to discussing that card game, or whatever.

Top Bottom