• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Word now is that Bryan doesn't need the second surgery, but the doctor's minds change every week. If he does get it, it'll be a three month recovery for him. Apparently he's extremely frustrated with the flip-flopping.

Watching that Nigel McGuinness match got me thinking, would it have been possible for him to get the ROH title run without so dramatically changing his style? Obviously he felt he had to change in order to progress his career, but working a harder-hitting style undoubtedly affected his longevity in the ring, multiple concussions, two torn biceps, etc. I would've liked to see him get more of a push as the Euro mat technician who doesn't go in for the strong style stuff, instead we got him and Danielson headbutting the ringpost and Nigel lariating people until he tore his arms to shreds (costing him a shot in WWE).

It comes off as really lame when Kalisto does the lucha lucha lucha thing and no one in the crowd does it with him

I don't know why that isn't getting over - worked fine on the indies. Maybe because Kalisto hasn't been given free reign to go out there and blow the audiences minds like Samuray Del Sol often did.

I for one love Boooooooootays gifs, the messier the better.

I also enjoy the ones he posts on twitter and make a point of checking them all out

Keep it up sir

Oh and come up to PCW soon, you can see me get drunk and tell Dave mastiff that's he's my hero

Vylash

According to The Wrestling Observer, Kurt Angle has been pitching a deal to WWE officials which would see him return to the company and work a schedule similar to that of Shawn Michaels in his final years with the company.

The return deal would see Angle work limited dates and bigger events.

Despite Angle’s pitches, however, WWE is reportedly not very interested in Kurt Angle returning to the ring, and Vince McMahon has been very negative about an Angle return in the past. This doesn’t necessarily mean the company won’t bring him back, but WWE might be more interested in him returning similarly to how Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan have returned, which is not in an in-ring capacity.

WWE star Roman Reigns recently spoke with Chuck Carroll for CBS Los Angeles to promote SummerSlam

Reigns also had a message for Sting:

“For his sake, if he steps in the ring, I hope he stays away from me. I’m not the guy to run into these days. I think it’s pretty cool just to be on the (SummerSlam) panel with him. Just to chat and BS a little bit with all those guys. It’s going to be a good time and anything can happen. But if he steps in the ring, he’s a seasoned veteran, he knows what he’s doing. But there’s a whole bunch of youngins on this roster that are hungry and we’re not trying to give any space for anybody else.”
fuckin reigns

mrboo001

Banned
Bootaaay, I have no idea how your still watching that but thank for your putting up with it. :)

Nipping at your heels, Mr Boo. You better be ready to do the job and put me over when our matchup comes.

Bean, I just beat the 1st ranked wrestler "manofparty". While I respect your years in this industry, I'm going to do what is best for business. THAT means, going into business for myself, perro!

GWFGJDk.png

NuIQSde.png

Bootaaay, I have no idea how your still watching that but thank for your putting up with it. :)

Bean, I just beat the 1st ranked wrestler "manofparty". While I respect your years in this industry, I'm going to do what is best for business. THAT means, going into business for myself, perro!
I noticed from looking over our first match that you have 3 rare cards. The only reason I won was because their stamina gauge was empty.

Word now is that Bryan doesn't need the second surgery, but the doctor's minds change every week. If he does get it, it'll be a three month recovery for him. Apparently he's extremely frustrated with the flip-flopping.

I'd be pissed too. Currently seeing two doctors and one said i'd be out of a cast this week but one made me wear one for another two weeks.

Watching that Nigel McGuinness match got me thinking, would it have been possible for him to get the ROH title run without so dramatically changing his style? Obviously he felt he had to change in order to progress his career, but working a harder-hitting style undoubtedly affected his longevity in the ring, multiple concussions, two torn biceps, etc. I would've liked to see him get more of a push as the Euro mat technician who doesn't go in for the strong style stuff, instead we got him and Danielson headbutting the ringpost and Nigel lariating people until he tore his arms to shreds (costing him a shot in WWE).

I don't know why that isn't getting over - worked fine on the indies. Maybe because Kalisto hasn't been given free reign to go out there and blow the audiences minds like Samuray Del Sol often did.
It was kind of a bummer seeing McGuinness change his style but I understand there's just a lot of people not into that.
I remember watching Chris Hero/Claudio match in PWG that was mostly mat work and different holds and the crowd just wasn't having it. I was enjoying it quite a bit though.

mrboo001

Banned
I noticed from looking over our first match that you have 3 rare cards. The only reason I won was because their stamina gauge was empty.

Um... well... that was me taking it easy! You will be in a world of pain next time another, brother!

Actually I was asleep when that happened. To be honest, if I don't win, I hope you do to keep this title for WrassleGAF. May we meet in the finals.

So Del Rio got fired for slapping a racist. Bryan is pressuring Big E to reveal his thoughts on 9/11. SummerSlam is Sunday. Network subs are up soon.

It's the perfect storm.

brock-lesnar-gets-ready-to-deliver-the-f5-to-john-cena_jpg_pagespeed_ce_wzoel0q6l9_crop_650x440_original_crop_exact.jpg

somedevil

If he is getting his arm strength back don't do the surgery but if he still doesn't have it just do the surgery because nothing else seems to be working.

Also, from the interview the surgery was going to happen at some point:

Our doctor told me last year that I was going to need this surgery, the next surgery. He said, "It's going to happen. It's just a matter of time." I was happy that it happened after WrestleMania.

Also, love his mention of the Gail Kim angle.

And you know what. Doctors are carny as fuck too. Last time I went for a physical I got some blood tests and my doctor made me come back in too discuss the tests because "it would be too complicated over the phone" so I go in, wait for 15 minutes in the room and he comes in and says "you're all good, you're free to go". This carny fuck just wanted to get his fee that I was able to skip out on last time. FUCK THE WESTERN MEDICINE INDUSTRY.

strobogo

Banned
And you know what. Doctors are carny as fuck too. Last time I went for a physical I got some blood tests and my doctor made me come back in too discuss the tests because "it would be too complicated over the phone" so I go in, wait for 15 minutes in the room and he comes in and says "you're all good, you're free to go". This carny fuck just wanted to get his fee that I was able to skip out on last time. FUCK THE WESTERN MEDICINE INDUSTRY.

You got worked, mother fucker. It reminds me of the time I had to get a physical before a job. I went to my family doctor. $250 for less than 3 minutes in office. All he did was look in my ears and mouth and listen to me breathe. Didn't check any lymph nodes, didn't check my balls, didn't do anything. No blood work, no anything. The next time I had to get a work physical, I went to a med check for $50 and got a full physical without having to wait 2 months to get in.

If he is getting his arm strength back don't do the surgery but if he still doesn't have it just do the surgery because nothing else seems to be working.

Also, from the interview the surgery was going to happen at some point:

Also, love his mention of the Gail Kim angle.

Where's this interview?

Check this out, fun 3-way 30 minute Iron Man match from JT Lightning's Cleveland All-Pro promotion, featuring a few guys you may be familiar with;

Claudio Castagnoli (c) vs Bryan Danielson vs Christopher Daniels - (CAPW 2006/07/09)

It was kind of a bummer seeing McGuinness change his style but I understand there's just a lot of people not into that.
I remember watching Chris Hero/Claudio match in PWG that was mostly mat work and different holds and the crowd just wasn't having it. I was enjoying it quite a bit though.

Yeah, that style definitely needs the right audience - there was that one Claudio/Danielson match in PWG where they worked the entire thing around an armbar, iirc, and the crowd shat all over it. I think it could have worked for Nigel in ROH if he'd turned heel - the crowd turned on him anyway, after he kept getting injured and wouldn't drop the title.

It astounds me that they keep doing this to him. This has been the case for months.

At this rate, just get the second surgery, wait out the 3 months, then come back for the Rumble. If he comes back now, it'll just be Brock vs Bryan at Survivor Series, then he wins the Rumble, then Brock vs Bryan again at Mania.

Also, did they confirm the logo change yet?

krae_man

It's probably his actual opinion, too, for sure. But he knows he appeals mainly to a different part of the audience than that angle is targeting.

I don't know, I'm still convinced the entire point of the angle is to put Steph and HHH over as heels and make Bryan look as stupid and pathetic as possible at the same time. Brie too but she deserves it so I don't care about that.

XShagrath

Not going to be a popular opinion at all but holy shit I wish we had a separate WWE-only thread. Or at least WWE/TNA only. And then have a separate thread for trashy indie wrasslin'. Page 241 was legit unreadable. Bootaay posted 11 gifs of that IWA thing... ELEVEN. On one 50-post page. 11 fucking gifs of cheap indie 2 dollar wrestling. Jesus christ, I couldn't scroll through it fast enough.

I am completely okay with splitting the threads, as I wouldn't have to scroll through pages and pages of WWE/TNA bullshit and could focus on the awesome indie stuff Boootay and a handful of others post about.

strobogo

Banned
Just like in real life, WWE talk supports the indie talk in this thread. An indie only thread would die on the vine in 2 weeks and be contained to 6-7 people. Instead, there is the over all thread where people can talk about whatever they want and if it gets drowned out, that's because it isn't popular enough. But I don't think an indie thread is going to work, just like the G1 thread died as soon as it was over.

Watching some of the OG Sheik's Big Time Wrestling out of Detroit from the 70's, great brawls with the likes of Stasiak, Sheik and the Funks. Also, I stumbled upon a weird gimmick match that I'd heard of but never seen - the Shark Cage match between Chief Jay Strongbow and Bulldog Don Kent;

FQg7sXe.jpg

What a ridiculous idea. They run through all the spots you could possibly conceive of in such a confined space within the first few minutes - slamming your opponent into the cage, lifting your opponent so his head hits the top of the cage and scrambling to escape out of the cage. Apparently at one point the cage tipped over, which sounds remotely interesting, but that was during the advert break.

Top Bottom