• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

jred2k

I was walking my dog tonight and went past a shitty thrift store. To my surprise, I noticed in the window they were selling an XFL football. $14 at this stage seems like kind of a rip-off, but it is a piece of history.

EHnDbOs.jpg

Entropia

No One Remembers
I couldn't get supercards to work! I wanted to sign in with a dummy/different account but it kept signing me into my main google account.

Watching that Nigel McGuinness match got me thinking, would it have been possible for him to get the ROH title run without so dramatically changing his style? Obviously he felt he had to change in order to progress his career, but working a harder-hitting style undoubtedly affected his longevity in the ring, multiple concussions, two torn biceps, etc. I would've liked to see him get more of a push as the Euro mat technician who doesn't go in for the strong style stuff, instead we got him and Danielson headbutting the ringpost and Nigel lariating people until he tore his arms to shreds (costing him a shot in WWE).

I don't know why that isn't getting over - worked fine on the indies. Maybe because Kalisto hasn't been given free reign to go out there and blow the audiences minds like Samuray Del Sol often did.

McGuinness wouldn't have gotten over with that European style. Cabana too tried to mix in the European/World of Sport style into his work, and it would never work in the ROH main event match expectations. McGuinness might have over-compensated with his strike based offense (I've never like the rebound lariat), but it was the only way he could get noticed and pushed.

Vince Russo just booked Cheex vs. Bad Luck Fale in a chicken neck on a pole match for the main event of this EWR show. Or rather, Commissioner LA PARKA JR booked it

XenoRaven

Ha ha ha I'm so funny and clever I made my name really long and now when I post threads it messes up the format lets bump old ones so the front page looks silly hee hee hee I'm a comedian

I just watched a full replay of raw for the first time in a while and I have to say, this show is fucking painful to watch. From the 9.99 shit to the fact that EVERY, SINGLE, PERSON HAS TO TALK AFTER AND BEFORE EVERY MATCH it just drags on and on and on and on. When there is finally a match, it seems almost perfunctory, like, oh yeah, we have to actually wrestle.

This isn't to mention all of the talent that is being squandered. Dolph and Cesaro are real talents and should be getting more air time, but instead you've got uninteresting clowns like Cena or Bray Wyatt or Bork getting air time. Roman Reigns is clearly a good worker, but he needs to build up his personality a bit. I feel like the fans want to put him over but just haven't gotten there yet. Del Rio is gone apparently, that man was a next level talent and a good worker and the fact that he is gone is a real shame. I definitely can't see myself tuning in again any time soon.

Vince Russo just booked Cheex vs. Bad Luck Fale in a chicken neck on a pole match for the main event of this EWR show. Or rather, Commissioner LA PARKA JR booked it

Update: After Bray Wyatt Sister Abigails everyone in a tag team match, he's forced to be the guest ref in this match.

Why isn't Russo booking a wrestling show.

Top Bottom