• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

strobogo

Banned
Whenever Shawshank is brought up I have to post this junk
aetdi7F.jpg

ik5wHeQ0pF9DO.gif

kiguel182

The boat scene mostly. I don't really have an issue with people thinking it is great, though. I really, really, really enjoyed it. I think it is silly that it is ranked so high on best of ALL TIME. But I think it is even sillier than Shawshank is even in the top 50 all time. But it's often number one and that's just god damn ridiculous.

hmm yeah, it's a bit heavy handed for sure but I still liked how Joker was disproved in the end and how he reacted to that.

Still, I agree that is isn't the fourth best movie of all time. No arguing there. I just don't think it's just a "good comic book movie".

But that whole list is bonkers. Makes no sense.

And I've never saw Shawshank so I can't comment on that.

Xater

I think NXT currently isn't quite as good as it was pre Wrestlemania, but somehow it's sill more enjoyable than RAW. I think it's because it's shorter and just feels snappier because of it. 3 hours of RAW is just too much. Also the people at NXT still value the squash match which I like. On the main show we get way too long long one sided matches instead that hurt people that are actually known.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
TDK wasn't anything special. Yall weird.

However since "nerd culture" feels like it has to keep announcing that they've made it, that's why people do stupid shit like hail every comic movie like the next coming of Jeezus.gif - same scenario with the Last of Us. Mediocre.
Yeah, it's like making wrestling threads in the OT

I think NXT currently isn't quite as good as it was pre Wrestlemania, but somehow it's sill more enjoyable than RAW. I think it's because it's shorter and just feels snappier because of it. 3 hours of RAW is just too much. Also the people at NXT still value the squash match which I like. On the main show we get way too long long one sided matches instead that hurt people that are actually known.

yeah it's been in a pretty stagnant period as of late without any real evolution of any angles. like tyson's a heel (a pretty good one at that) but it's just sort of -- there.

But hopefully all that shit's gonna change when KENTA, Steen, and Devitt enter the gauntlet.

Looking ahead in NXT though
it doesn't seem like any of those three are gonna be involved in any sort of way until at least after the next special event, i don't wanna wait that long though :(

Xater

yeah it's been in a pretty stagnant period as of late without any real evolution of any angles. like tyson's a heel (a pretty good one at that) but it's just sort of -- there.

But hopefully all that shit's gonna change when KENTA, Steen, and Devitt enter the gauntlet.

Looking ahead in NXT though
it doesn't seem like any of those three are gonna be involved in any sort of way until at least after the next special event, i don't wanna wait that long though :(

Yeah it sucks that it will probably be quite some time before we get to see any of them on the show.

Verendus

Banned
All this Batista hate. He's still better than Flop Lesnar.

Comic book movies are mostly generic, but you're all kidding with The Dark Knight trilogy hate. They're pretty much the only comic book movies in the last decade that actually tried to do more. Standards are that low that people like shit movies like Thor and Captain America. There's that much desperation. How are you all going to complain about something like The Dark Knight when it's in a league of its own in comparison to that crap? It's get overhyped because of the competition. Look at the shit in comparison. You're damn right it looks like the greatest movie ever made when it's being released surrounded by Thor, CA, Iron Man, Hulk, Spider-Man etc. It's basically surrounded by shit.

tm24

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...ess-release-for-triplemania-on-ippv-in-the-us

1. Aero Star/Jennifer Blake/Mascarita Sagrada/Pimpinela Escarlata vs. Super Fly/Sexy Star/Mini Abismo Negro/Black Mamba

2. Torneo por el AAA Cruiserweight Title/AAA FUSION Campeonato – Participants: Daga (c)/Fenix (c)/Angelico/Australian Suicide/Bengala/Jack Evans/Joe Lider/Hijo del Fantasma/Pentagon Jr./Ricochet

3. Por el Reina de Reinas: Fabi Apache (c) vs. Taya Valkyrie

4. Steel Cage Match where the loser must get shaved or unmasked – Participants: Blue Demon Jr./Electroshock/La Parka Jr./Averno/Chessman/Jeff Jarrett

5. 4 Way Dance por la Copa Triplemania XXII: Cibernetico vs. Myzteziz vs. Perro Aguayo Jr. vs,. Luchador Sorpresa

6. Mascara contra Caballera: Psycho Clown vs. Hijo del Texano

Don't watch this. Please for the love of god don't watch this. Just wait for luchablog to upload the cruiser match since it will be an incredible spotfest

strobogo

Banned
Fatu going from full on savage Headshrinker to wearing boots and dancing for no reason while still being a Headshrinker to doing promos taking you back to his hood where he grew up in California, bouncing in cars, and speaking perfect English is so abrupt and kayfabe killing. It's so weird. No explanation at all. He just suddenly dances and always grew up in a ghetto in California with gangs and shit.

strobogo

Banned
Make a DIFFERENCE, stro

Shit makes NO SENSE. Dude was a straight up island savage for the prior 3 years. Even up to a few weeks prior. And now he speaks English and grew up in the ghetto in California and wants to give back to his community. It's not like he's supposed to be a different person like Quebecer Pierre to Carl Pierre Lefeets.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Next match Kane wrestles on RAW will be his 400th on the show, continuing his record of most TV matches wrestled for the WWE.

strobogo

Banned
Thinking about switching the grandparents from a Tracfone (they have over 1000 minutes, but need airtime every month, which is $9.99 a month) to Ting. They use zero data or messaging and rarely make calls anyway. They have it just incase. I can do $9 per month with Ting with 100 minutes and not have to renew every month. Or I could get them set up on the government life line thing, for $9.25 per month for 250 minutes a month, but I'm not sure how that all works yet.

Why is the Daemon Kane wearing sleeveless scrubs and mounting young children in front of Jerry Lawler?

strobogo

Banned
Maybe if he grew his neck better than he grows his vegetables, he wouldn't be sitting at home while his wife headlines Summerslam in his place.

2001-2002 GnR with Buckethead is funny. In fact that entire line up is just funny, Buckethead, a guy that looks like he was loaned from Marilyn Manson, some dudebro on drums and Axl Rose. I love it.

Top Bottom