• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

I don't know why anyone would complain about that ending. That was wrestling as eff.

The real issue is taking Ambrose off TV to film some garbage movie right in the middle of his upswing. This is a whole new level of burying.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So seriously, what's the storyline reason for Roman not being there for his 'brother'? That was as bad as Rollins heating Reigns with the chair.

NYR

I hope Dean comes back through a hole in the ring right at the two count when Rollins cashes in his money in the bank contract
for the IC title, cause no way that guy is getting over lesner.

DMczaf

So were those blocks just always and no one noticed? Does Kane get special executive privileges on all the secret weapons available in the ring?

What other secret weapons are ring side every Raw?! I'm pretty sure those cinderblocks have been there for years. I want answers!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The one thing they did right was have Rollins be the one to take Ambrose out of action. Just happy they didn't do another stupid Tombstone on the steps or something.

Guzim

I don't know why anyone would complain about that ending. That was wrestling as eff.

The real issue is taking Ambrose off TV to film some garbage movie right in the middle of his upswing. This is a whole new level of burying.

When he appears out of nowhere to attack Seth Rollins, the crowd is going to go apeshit.

Pro wrestling returns to X-FEST in 2014 with the first ever Bret Hart Invitational Tournament, featuring some of the most exciting talent in the industry competing all weekend at Fort Calgary on August 30 and 31 to win the Stu Hart Championship Belt.

Confirmed wrestlers vying for the belt include Calgary’s own Raj Singh ‎(formerly Jinder Mahal of the WWE), IWGP Tag Team Champion Davey Boy Smith Junior, and “Cowboy” James Storm of TNA as well as some of Canada’s best young superstars, including graduates from the Lance Storm Wrestling Academy.

There will also be an appearance by the original “Hart Foundation” Bret “The Hitman” Hart and Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart. The winner of the tournament will be presented the belt by Bret Hart himself on Sunday Aug 31.

“I’m very excited to be involved in the first ever Bret Hart Invitational Tournament at X-Fest this year! The tournament is a way for me to showcase some extremely talented professional wrestlers from all over North America and put my stamp on an event I intend on doing for many years to come. I’m also very excited to present the “Stu Hart Championship Belt” to the winner of the tournament! This beautiful belt is the first ever belt created in my father’s name. This should help to further my father’s legacy as a true pioneer and leader in this industry and will bring instant credibility around the world to our champion. I want to thank Union Events for making this event happen and look forward to seeing all the exciting action during X-Fest weekend!” - Bret “The Hitman” Hart

Sokantish

He's gonna be an even bigger star because of the AMAZING movie, you'll see!

RP912

Banned
I hope Dean comes back through a hole in the ring right at the two count when Rollins cashes in his money in the bank contract
for the IC title, cause no way that guy is getting over lesner.

Austin beat the hell out of the entire wwe roster in one night.

So there's always hope in ambrose to outbork bork.

Phatmac

Hope Roman ignoring Ambeose leads to a feud after Rollins. It's strange that he's never helped Dean after the break up of the shield.

Verendus

Banned
It's increasingly taking the piss that Reigns is not involved in this. He just looks like a huge wanker. This should have all been a linked program. Ambrose taking out Seth, Reigns focusing on the rest of The Authority, with points intersecting.

You can still do what happened today, even with that. WWE writers must be monkeys.

Big One

Banned

You act like Ambrose is forced to do the film. Protip: He isn't. WWE superstars get asked for stuff like that but they don't have to accept. They accept cause they want to make money.

This is going to be Ambrose's return
tumblr_n7t36kYBd51s1uj0qo1_400.gif

This is his future:

RAW_1101_Photo_132.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Goddamn. What a fantastic main event. That was PPV caliber. Way to go all out, boys.

Ambrose and Rollins are simply amazing in-ring workers and psychologists.

Ithil

You act like Ambrose is forced to do the film. Protip: He isn't. WWE superstars get asked for stuff like that but they don't have to accept. They accept cause they want to make money.

And it probably will help his standing with management greatly.

somedevil

Hope his movie beats marine 3 which is the best selling WWE star leading dvd.

Thorakai

I can believe Ambrose beating Bork if he goes all out with weapons at the start and has a barbed wire armor ala Mick Foley vs. Edge. Dude has been built as someone that loves to take a beating.

Verendus

Banned
So the Cenation will be addressed next week. I know a lot of you HLR soldiers are shook after what occurred last night, but never fear because the fearless leader is clearly beginning his journey back to the title next week.

It's going to a long, long road of four weeks, but it will culminate at Night of Champions where he tames the beast.

RP912

Banned
Do you people seriously think that Dean would be filming this movie if he didn't want to?

It's not WWEs fault

Indeed. A movie role that could lead into a career of being a movie star vs a career involving bumps, bruises and a possibility of being a midcarder for the remainder of your career.

I'll go with the straight to redbox film.

Gonzalez

Banned
Yeah, with the PPV pay offs being cut in half some guys are looking to make up that money.

so my highlights of the night were
-Stephanie trolling gold
-Heyman still the based one
behind the one in twenty one
on the mic
-Flair & Ziggler woo!
-Ambrose segment backstage
-Natalya & Paige short but technical match
-Cesaro wins!
-Bo dallas inspires
-feed me more chants!
-Ambrose & Rollins with a barn burner of a match

Solid raw goodnight and see you next week

Edit:
I expect Reigns to confront Rollins next week.
tumblr_myaqyxhLLn1qguvzfo2_250.gif

When he appears out of nowhere to attack Seth Rollins, the crowd is going to go apeshit.

Sure, but in the meantime Raw becomes that much worse. Plus with how many times we've seen guys finally get to the main event and get injured. Taking Ambrose off TV right now seems foolish. The company needs momentum. Nobody cares about their SyFy tier movies.

Well shame on Dean Ambrose for abandoning the WWE Universe®. Boo that man.

Paracelsus

I hope you realize the entire show is held up by two or three guys one of which just left.
Seriously, they can all miss the next PPV and nobody would notice because there is no writing at all.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It's increasingly taking the piss that Reigns is not involved in this. He just looks like a huge wanker. This should have all been a linked program. Ambrose taking out Seth, Reigns focusing on the rest of The Authority, with points intersecting.

You can still do what happened today, even with that. WWE writers must be monkeys.

I don't agree with you guys that Ambrose leaving is somehow a burial.

when he comes back he'll get a monster pop and this feud can end at Hell in the Cell

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The only positive I can say about Kane being there is the way Rollins commanded Kane to 'finish it'.

Hoping Kane is Rollins goon now.

RP912

Banned
Sure, but in the meantime Raw becomes that much worse. Plus with how many times we've seen guys finally get to the main event and get injured, taking Ambrose off TV right now seems foolish. The company needs momentum. Nobody cares about their SyFy tier movies.

Well shame on Dean Ambrose for abandoning the WWE Universe®. Boo that man.

Don't second guess it. Its the age of bork...anything can happen in the WWE.

Toki767

A one month feud with Rollins before Ambrose comes back? And Reigns is probably going to win that feud?

I think I'd rather see Reigns just face Orton some more. I don't know where Rollins even goes from here with Ambrose out. He's just going to be floating around for a month it seems.

Top Bottom