• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

dream

I wish I could figure out why I laugh so hard at Eric Young's theme. It makes me feel like I'm playing Fire Pro or something.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Eric Young. Why is he still around. Why is he in the main event. Imagine if Mick Foley got pity title shots every week instead of those rare chances. And had shittier promos.

MVP is like This could have been Xavier Woods, but you playin'

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NNf1CYn.gif

Enjoyed your random Inoki Era review stro, wish you had a better old man Fujiwara match to watch though. Never been a fan of Saito. As for the rope break stuff in Inoki/Sakaguchi, the JWA rope break rule was that you had to be partly under or 'in' the ropes for the ref to break the hold and Inoki continued with it for a while early on in New Japan. That Destroyer match I posted the other day had a good example of it, where Destroyer grabbed the ropes to try and escape an octopus stretch, but the ref actually kicked his hand away.

strobogo

Banned
Enjoyed your random Inoki Era review stro, wish you had a better old man Fujiwara match to watch though. Never been a fan of Saito. As for the rope break stuff in Inoki/Sakaguchi, the JWA rope break rule was that you had to be partly under or 'in' the ropes for the ref to break the hold and Inoki continued with it for a while early on in New Japan. That Destroyer match I posted the other day had a good example of it, where Destroyer grabbed the ropes to try and escape an octopus stretch, but the ref actually kicked his hand away.

Is there a Destroyer/Inoki match out there somewhere? They had to have had a match in the JWA, right? The ref kicked hands out of the ropes in that match as well and it seemed really weird. Inoki gave some true MOTHER FUCKER I'M GOING TO BEAT YOUR FUCKING ASS AND FIRE YOU MOTHER FUCKER INOKI BOM BA YE looks at that ref during the match.

While we're sharing good joshi, I watched this earlier and it's a ton of fun. There's certainly more dramatic matches from that period and it feels like a bit of a throwback to late 80's AJW, but that doesn't take anything away from such an expertly worked match;

Devil Masami vs Bull Nakano - (JWP 1993/04/18)

Is there a Destroyer/Inoki match out there somewhere? They had to have had a match in the JWA, right?

Yup, there's this one from 1971;

The Destroyer vs Antonio Inoki - (JWA 1971/05/19)

It's a bit clipped and has fan-dubbed English commentary though, lol. From the out Toukon Retsuden web show, I think.

strobogo

Banned
Brehs, you can find a ton of pictures of Maryse totally naked online. I'm not impressed with a wet t shirt with a bikini top under neath.

Dang, that Shield special up on the Network was fantastic. That's the kind of stuff they need to be offering more of to entice more subscribers. Not cutting staff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Brehs, you can find a ton of pictures of Maryse totally naked online. I'm not impressed with a wet t shirt with a bikini top under neath.

Doesn't matter. It's more than seeing nippelz.

strobogo

Banned
While we're sharing good joshi, I watched this earlier and it's a ton of fun. There's certainly more dramatic matches from that period and it feels like a bit of a throwback to late 80's AJW, but that doesn't take anything away from such an expertly worked match;

Devil Masami vs Bull Nakano - (JWP 1993/04/18)

Yup, there's this one from 1971;

The Destroyer vs Antonio Inoki - (JWA 1971/05/19)

It's a bit clipped and has fan-dubbed English commentary though, lol. From the out Toukon Retsuden web show, I think.

Uguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu that frame rate and commentary. Can't do it. There has to be a version near the same quality as the Destroyer/Baba match. How is there so much JWA footage in such great quality?

Alucard

Banned
Just finished Impact.

Really enjoyed the Knockouts match, and enjoyed Joe/Low Ki, Six Sides of Steel, and Stairway to Janice. Didn't care for Anderson/Shaw, and the tag team tournament setup was pretty weak, but hey...we're getting at least three or four Wolves/Hardys/3D matches, so it's cool.

Alucard

Banned
If only WWE cared for women wrestling... Gail should be a big star, shame WWE never cared for her.

Gail is great in the ring, but let's be honest and stop kidding ourselves...her voice grates on the nerves and her promo "style" is too forced and often comes across as condescending.

Gorillaz

spirit squad is still the biggest, legit berry, of any group or person over the past decade right?

I can't think of anything bigger then what they went through

Top Bottom