• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wasn't one of the big things that the majority of people don't want to watch that much wrestling? Why would WWE pay for even more wrestling when they're struggling to get people to watch their own content?

Aiii

So not worth it
Wasn't one of the big things that the majority of people don't want to watch that much wrestling? Why would WWE pay for even more wrestling when they're struggling to get people to watch their own content?

Because live new content is easier to sell than old backlog content?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

old content has its appeal
gQfXDU5.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Says who? Especially when it's a bunch of independent talents. You think a ROH show would have more viewers than a Sting documentary or an old Wrestlemania? Not to mention that the old backlog is pure profit.

Yeah, still think there would be more hoops to jump through. What happens if one of the companies starts growing and potentially becomes a legit competitor to WWE? (big if) Then you'd havve WWE partially financing their own competition.

You pull funding, that's easy. WWE did that with ECW for ages anyways. Nobody's going to top them.

Fair enough, so what if WWE produces it for them? I mean, you don't need a huge production crew for this, would you? They have a ring, lighting, etc. plenty in their warehouse I'm sure? Of course, this would mean a lower pay-out for the indy fed, but also much lower cost to run an event?

WWE has two road crews, to do what you're asking they'd probably have to do three, with the third one not working nearly as much as the other two. It wouldn't work.

Also, what CZW stuff got shown on the Network? I want royalties!

Even though it's clearly not from when I filmed things

jmdajr

JR interviewed Kurt a few weeks back and my feeling was that he didn't actually believe Kurt was in as good as health as he claimed to be.

I've also heard Kurt bad mouth HHH in a few interviews so I'm sure Hunter isn't happy about that either.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, more Vaudevillains? I'll pass on NXT this week. No Ascension either. I would like to peep Kidd vs Breeze even if I only give a shit about half of that matchup.

Hasney

I've also heard Kurt bad mouth HHH in a few interviews so I'm sure Hunter isn't happy about that either.

Eh, that doesn't matter if there's money to be made, does it? I mean NAO went on a tour of "shoots"purely badmouthing HHH and Vince.

Cannot wait for Kidd V Breeze, hope it's as good as Neville V Breeze and I like the heel v heel dynamic and how they set it up. Don't mind Vaudevillians. Don't care for them either, but they're fun in the ring.

Aiii

So not worth it
Says who?
Pretty sure it was me, I think. Can't be sure, but it has my name in front of it.

Especially when it's a bunch of independent talents. You think a ROH show would have more viewers than a Sting documentary or an old Wrestlemania? Not to mention that the old backlog is pure profit.

Seriously though, more people watched frigging Raw Backstage Pass than the Ultimate Warrior doc when that came out. Don't ask me why, but live content has an appeal. And I'm not saying it sells to the entire target audience, but every subscriber counts, right?

WWE has two road crews, to do what you're asking they'd probably have to do three, with the third one not working nearly as much as the other two. It wouldn't work.

Also, what CZW stuff got shown on the Network? I want royalties!

Even though it's clearly not from when I filmed things

They showed a few short clips of Ambrose there.

Since you're the man to ask, how many road crew did it take to run a CZW show?

Striker

Triple H and Chris Jericho always had problems too, but he's always found ways to get back.

Remember:
j6moT6jW9zPb8.jpg

Some speculate he had some say in that involvement. Maybe not. He did try to keep Kurt Angle out of the main event picture by insisting he's too small.

Hasney

There's always weird rumours about HHH hating people. Sure there was some report that said him and Foley had heat before he was brought back last time, then Mick came out and said completely the opposite.

DMczaf

Triple H and Chris Jericho always had problems too, but he's always found ways to get back.

Remember:
j6moT6jW9zPb8.jpg

Some speculate he had some say in that involvement. Maybe not. He did try to keep Kurt Angle out of the main event picture by insisting he's too small.

I'm having WM2000 review flashbacks...

jbqZTfZ3vga1Qy.PNG

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's always weird rumours about HHH hating people. Sure there was some report that said him and Foley had heat before he was brought back last time, then Mick came out and said completely the opposite.

Simon Dean said Triple H hates Al Snow. Johnny Ace hated him too.

Since you're the man to ask, how many road crew did it take to run a CZW show?

Entranceway and lighting takes 3 people, but in reality it should be like 8-10 people for that alone. Ring crew is students, so if they suck at it, like 10 or more. If they're good at it, like 5. Filming is 3 camera, with a producer, so 4. Music is 1. Add in security (also students) and other behind the scenes people, and you're looking at around 20-30 people.

Aiii

So not worth it
Alexa Bliss could sell me on anything: http://instagram.com/p/r2LSFBMUkF/?modal=true

Entranceway and lighting takes 3 people, but in reality it should be like 8-10 people for that alone. Ring crew is students, so if they suck at it, like 10 or more. If they're good at it, like 5. Filming is 3 camera, with a producer, so 4. Music is 1. Add in security (also students) and other behind the scenes people, and you're looking at around 20-30 people.

So I can imagine WWE pulling it off with 10-15 professionals? I dunno, it could be viable for them. Again, not saying they'd do it, but I would say you could get something going.

On the other hand, even more out of the box thinking, what if WWE started airing TNA Impact if they couldn't get another TV deal? Sure, you can argue TNA is their competition. But they're not competition if they're on your Network. You can have invasion angles, or trade talent between NXT and TNA.

Then again, there's probably not that many TNA viewers that aren't already watching WWE.

So I can imagine WWE pulling it off with 10-15 professionals? I dunno, it could be viable for them. Again, not saying they'd do it, but I would say you could get something going.

Flip that around. WWE would probably use double what we use, if not triple. CZW is a fire drill. WWE is an actual business. :p

DMczaf

Did y'all see the WWE 2K15 Q&A?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/21/developer-visual-concepts-answers-your-wwe-2k15-questions

@BrendenPlayz asked: What improvements have been made to universe mode? Will we see more characteristics drawing from other modes such as GM Mode?

Each year, we look for ways to improve on the already rich feature offering of WWE Universe Mode, and this year is no different. We are eager to share with our community what changes have been made for WWE 2K15, but we are all going to have to wait a little longer to find out what is in store for WWE Universe Mode in WWE 2K15.

@MichaelBuchko asked: Various editions of RAW and Smackdown featured guests... will any of them be featured, like SHAQ?

We haven’t announced the entire roster in the game, but we have announcements coming up soon that we believe our community is going to be really excited about. We have a big celebrity in a certain way this year … Sting

@DavidBryant__ asked: Will we be able to give our custom superstars a custom song on the PS4 version of WWE 2K15 is there any way???

We’re always looking to provide fans with the best possible options and customizations in the Creation Suite. We aren’t ready to go into details of the Creation Suite for this year, so stay tuned for answers!

@TheOnlyRealAman asked: Will we be able to fight in the crowd and go backstage during a match in?

We are constantly working to improve our gameplay, match types and choices available for our community. We will share in the near future what that is going to look like for WWE 2K15.

@adambeat asked: Is the Royal Rumble/Battle Royal gameplay going to have anything new or different?

Overall, the gameplay is going to be significantly improved over WWE 2K14. More depth, more polish and more options – the best wrestling to date that we’ve offered. These offerings will extend across all match types and modes. More details are coming soon.

What a great month of WWE 2K15, IGN!

BHZ Mayor

I'm still giddy

tumblr_naml40GjLV1tivkh4o1_250.gif

#murderingmurderer

I'm sitting here trying to figure out how they managed to bend Triple H's arm back that far without actually breaking it. Like I'm sitting here in an office with two other people trying to position my arm like that and I can't.

BHZ Mayor

WWE 2K15 |OT| More Details in the Near Future

EDIT:
I'm sitting here trying to figure out how they managed to bend Triple H's arm back that far without actually breaking it. Like I'm sitting here in an office with two other people trying to position my arm like that and I can't.

I think I may have fucked up my shoulder guys.

RP912

Banned
The irony of the angle/trips situation is the fact I watched summerslam 2000 and forgot they had a feud over Stephanie.

Deeper than wrestling folks.

Top Bottom