• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Alucard

Banned
yeah, they'll be in their current time slot through the end of the year

Nice. This makes me happy. 4 more months of TNA on TV at the very least. Sounds like Spike wants to see if TNA can maintain their momentum...well, at least the quality of their shows, as their latest rating showed that they don't really have momentum with fans, most of whom have given up on the company many times over.

Wow indeed. I'm still hopeful it's just because the sudden change made people forget and that the number will steadily climb...or they'll lose viewers who just can't change their viewing habits.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
TNA Impact's rating from this past Wednesday was a 0.65...down from 0.96 the week before. brrrrutal.

Is it true that Spike has extended Impact until the end of the year while they continue to negotiate?

Hooooly shit that's a hell of a hit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
vHPwl.gif

Alucard

Banned
I think Impact has had a great summer in terms of product quality. Probably my favourite wrestling show since Slammiversary.

Raw's been quite good too lately, though.

dream

Alucard, I need you to give me a somewhat detailed review of the Samoa Joe vs. Low-Ki match from the last episode of Impact Wrestling.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It was kinda like every Joe/Low Ki match, only squished down. Joe is also very out of shape.

Probably the best match of Hardcore Justice all things considered. Disappointing show.

Maybe it's just me being a negative nancy, or maybe it's the deflecting form the Q&A, but I have a feeling that WWE 2k15 spent a lot of time on those graphics, and that the main game is going to be missing a LOT of features that were in the last three or four installments. Like I bet there's no Superstar Threads or WWE Universe mode. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see no 6 man tags in the game with the Wyatts and The Shield.

The defense force would have to jump through some serious hoops

Recall

I don't even understand the appeal of watching washed up WCW and WWE guys flounder about. There seems to never be any talk of great matches or angles happening in TNA has there been any in the last 2 years?

TNA sucks. You never get a match that's 20+ minutes even when the guys can go and the booking and layout of their matches are some of the worst I've ever seen. Their agents should be fired.

strobogo

Banned
Byron is really bad. I have no idea why he's on camera so much. If he is good at writing and helping dudes with characters in NXT, then keep him doing that. On camera, he's the blankest slate I've ever seen. Absolutely zero personality. A weird inflection. That blank stare. No chemistry with anyone.

Byron is really bad. I have no idea why he's on camera so much. If he is good at writing and helping dudes with characters in NXT, then keep him doing that. On camera, he's the blankest slate I've ever seen. Absolutely zero personality. A weird inflection. That blank stare. No chemistry with anyone.

I keep forgetting he actually tried to be a wrestler

darkbanjo

NXT commentary is oddly stagnant for a developmental show. Surely the point of NXT is that everyone involved is meant to be honing their craft, but it seems like everyone on commentary (Regal aside, obviously) doesn't make any effort to mix things up or improve week by week.

I don't know how you folks aren't noticing how much Byron excitedly argues with the other people and acts exasperated at their explanations of babyface motivations. He's definitely improving month by month.

darkbanjo

I don't know how you folks aren't noticing how much Byron excitedly argues with the other people and acts exasperated at their explanations of babyface motivations. He's definitely improving month by month.

It's still just so false though. It's like they can't decide whether he's play-by-play or colour. I think he's a decent play-by-play, but there's no personality there aside from the most basic heel commentary staples.

Indie Wrestling hour!!

Hy_Zaya2.gif

ibuo39L9EHzhGC.gif

iba2vgLawW7kjm.gif

Fun fact, that Davey/Eddie brainbuster spot is from a Dynamite/Tiger Mask match, except it wasn't from the top rope - Tiger brainbustered Dynamite, but he rolled straight out of it and suplexed both of them over the ropes.

NXT commentary is oddly stagnant for a developmental show. Surely the point of NXT is that everyone involved is meant to be honing their craft, but it seems like everyone on commentary (Regal aside, obviously) doesn't make any effort to mix things up or improve week by week.

They are honing their craft. With the inane chatter, canned phrases and vaguely called moves it takes to make it as a RAW commentator.

Showaddy

They are honing their craft. With the inane chatter, canned phrases and vaguely called moves it takes to make it as a RAW commentator.

Then all they need is a 3 hour mix tape of Vince screaming at them to shill, insult & degrade and their training will be complete.

Top Bottom