• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

King of Trios not being an iPPV sucks, but considering how shitty the production was on their last iPPV maybe it's for the best.

CHIKARA seems to be getting rave reviews from those who intend, but for whatever reason that isn't translating to tape any longer. Killing the company for a year during its height of popularity seems even dumber in hindsight than it did at the time.

Jamie OD

Could the dudleys have a run in Japan?

Is tag team stuff even big over there? All I ever see is stiff kicks and flippy sells for clotheslines so I dont know.

They've had runs in New Japan and All Japan since leaving WWE. They even brag about being undefeated in that country (as long as you ignore HUSTLE).

King of Trios not being an iPPV sucks, but considering how shitty the production was on their last iPPV maybe it's for the best.

CHIKARA seems to be getting rave reviews from those who intend, but for whatever reason that isn't translating to tape any longer. Killing the company for a year during its height of popularity seems even dumber in hindsight than it did at the time.

HEY!
I didn't do any production on their show but yeah holy shit. A nitpicker like me could write an essay on all the stuff I didn't like. Like the lights fucking changing halfway through the show, it being super goddamn dark, a scissor lift cam opposite hardcam, shitty graphics, etc etc etc etc etc

The way it was explained to me is that CHIKARA is a brand now. As in, the storytelling stuff is gone. No complex stuff, barebones, every card is the same.

And I'll take it to the grave that the year off was not by choice.

Yep. It's really unfortunate. They have a niche and audience to captialize one.

Ithil

So you're saying Adam Rose is a star.

No, I'm saying she got over faster than Sasha, Bayley, Emma or Charlotte did, and that's with a really terrible gimmick in her debut match. Somehow reading that as "she will never amount to anything release her" seems a bit absurd.

The way it was explained to me is that CHIKARA is a brand now. As in, the storytelling stuff is gone. No complex stuff, barebones, every card is the same.

That goes some way to explaining why I've had so little interest in paying SMV $12 for CHIKARA shows since their return. The cards are doing nothing for me - also, I can't stand Quack as the super good guy Director of Fun. Everything Quack did before CHIKARA returned, everything, be it viciously attacking GEKIDO members or acting like a bitter ass in the Ashes stuff, makes zero sense now he's in the face Director role. Incidentally, is anyone else totally not sold on Jimmy Jacobs' character in CHIKARA? I'm a big fan of Jacobs as a heel, but it totally feels like he's phoning it in.

No, I'm saying she got over faster than Sasha, Bayley, Emma or Charlotte did, and that's with a really terrible gimmick in her debut match. Somehow reading that as "she will never amount to anything release her" seems a bit absurd.

Getting over is not the same as popping for a flashy entrance.

Becky will get over fine on the main roster, regardless of gimmick, as long as she's allowed to just wrestle and is given ample opportunity to excite the fans with her in-ring skills...lol.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Becky will get over fine on the main roster, regardless of gimmick, as long as she's allowed to just wrestle and is given ample opportunity to excite the fans with her in-ring skills...lol.

i5tzSga7uzYOX.gif

Dammnit, Vince. Why won't you push the wimmins? They can wrassle, too!

Off on a tangent, the ICW promoter comes across as a bit of an ass. Says he's going to be stepping on all sorts of toes in the British scene as ICW looks to expand across the country, likening himself to Vince McMahon and the WWF's national expansion. He sees them getting big enough to make ICW action figures and video games, as well as criticising any other over-18's promotions that run show in nightclubs/music venues (like PROGRESS and PCW) as copying ICW, a promotion that so blatantly patterns itself on ECW.

Zack Sabre Jr's opponents for EVOLVE's September shows;

QUEENS ON SEPTEMBER 13TH - Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Timothy Thatcher
BROOKLYN ON SEPTEMBER 14TH - Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Biff Busick

Yeah, both those should be frigging sweet. Pretty similar matches, stylistically, however. Wouldn't have minded seeing Zack vs Busick one night, then Zack vs someone flippy like Swann the other night.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I am dead @ Floyd Mayweather's reading skills. 50 Cent is truly a master troll

Heel

Adam Swift ‏@AdamMSwift 23m
Interested to follow Del Rio's WWE firing. Recent CLE I attended flagged non-competes for independent contractors as ripe for litigation.

Believe that, perro.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Adam Swift ‏@AdamMSwift 23m
Interested to follow Del Rio's WWE firing. Recent CLE I attended flagged non-competes for independent contractors as ripe for litigation.

Believe that, perro.
WWE don't give a shit. Always stand behind their racists.

I honestly forgot Chikara came back. Who cares? PWG's newest show is shipping!

Yeah, but I've got to wait a month+ for the .mp4 because Highspots are fucking backwards.

Also, fucking LOL at the Highspots UK site. Here's a comparison of what it'd cost me to buy a recent PWG show;

Highspots US: $14.99 + $9.45 = $24.44 / £14.74
Highspots UK: £14.99 + £2.35 = £17.34 / $28.75

How the FUCK does it cost me more from the UK site? Assholes. So I'll wait for the MP4 and catch up with PWG eventually, but goddamn it's pissing me off.

/r/squaredcircle is great place to go if you want to see 'psychology' be used to refer to as many different concepts as possible.

Wreddit is a hive of scum and villainy. Also, far too WWE-centric for my tastes. There's only so much of the same old same old I can take, but thankfully WrassleGAF has a pretty diverse bunch of members and we're not as big as Wreddit so any such discussion doesn't get utterly lost.

Mengetsu

It's out of date already! And it ain't even out. The streak continues!

Lol but seriously I wish the commentary would have the ambience of and arena when recording. Just play arena noises while recording so when they talk they sound like they're in there. Sounds like they're using there in door voices.

From gaming side:

Originally Posted by NovaCross

Randy Orton Official IGN Entrance:
http://youtu.be/VoMBC5XLbk8

Goldust Official IGN Entrance:
http://youtu.be/TfS5GzDmppU

Scratch logo is still on the stage and turn buckles and the new logo don't look how it does on tv. Feel a delay incoming.

Even if they delayed the game to get the logo updated in certain places it would probably be out of date again due to another change. The WWE is constantly changing shit up.

There's probably a hundred posts or more in this very thread where someone used a euphemism (aka weasel words) for doing just that while this brave soldier just came out and said it.

Love him or think he's a dirty pedo, you can't help but respect him.

Also lol, dude got banned right after I posted the link to his post :$

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
With all the smut peddling bullshit Vita games, I think we've finally found a group more embarassing than Anime and Wrestling fans.

Vita owners.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No story really. The Vita audience in Japan is primarily super otaku and with all of the other big PSP type publishers bowing out those are the only games being made on the thing anymore. That and Sony funded indies.

It's also groomed enough of the same following in the west where niche publishers can localize those games and make money off of it so a surprising amount of these games have made it over. It's not like the PSP and PS2/PSX didn't have these games, it's just that they weren't localized often.

Top Bottom