• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Raw64life

034_Rick-Rude-7_93-2.jpg

Interesting that WWE shows Rick Rude in their list of "Big Gold Belt" holders even though it was the WCW International Heavyweight Championship. Although I'm all for recognizing Rude as a former world heavyweight champion I doubt WWE does.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Check this shit out, I'm going to post 2 simple moves in a gif that beats everything Bootaaay just posted and is going to look way more impactful. Ready?
arnddtujs21.gif

SHINE show in an hour. Should be a good one. Sucks that Serena isn't there though.

Maybe it's just me being a negative nancy, or maybe it's the deflecting form the Q&A, but I have a feeling that WWE 2k15 spent a lot of time on those graphics, and that the main game is going to be missing a LOT of features that were in the last three or four installments. Like I bet there's no Superstar Threads or WWE Universe mode. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see no 6 man tags in the game with the Wyatts and The Shield.

Universe mode has been confirmed as in by one of the IGN press guys who saw the game.

strobogo

Banned
SHINE show in an hour. Should be a good one. Sucks that Serena isn't there though.

Universe mode has been confirmed as in by one of the IGN press guys who saw the game.

I can see the PS360 version getting completely gimped, as they already said it won't have the My Career mode (even though the NBA 2K series has had that for years just fine). I could see it only having story and exhibition mode. No Superstar Threads, no Universe, smaller roster, and using the old engine instead of the new one.

I can see the PS360 version getting completely gimped, as they already said it won't have the My Career mode (even though the NBA 2K series has had that for years just fine). I could see it only having story and exhibition mode. No Superstar Threads, no Universe, smaller roster, and using the old engine instead of the new one.

Universe is confirmed in all versions. Everything else, well that remains to be seen.

strobogo

Banned
Yo, have you guys seen the KFC commercial where all the cooks are black and the dude is talking about lucky number 7 (because they do everything 7 times at KFC I guess) while being half a step away from doing a full on Yessa Massa voice? It's one of the more questionable commercials I've seen in quite some time.

PInk Tape

Banned
If you dig deep enough there are likely mods of games with a load of killing that replace the main character with Benoit.

It wouldn't surprise me, honestly. I mean there are games and mods out there that glorify genocide, mass shootings, Nazis, sexual assault, pedophillia, rape, and more.

It really sucks your soul out when you realize this.

strobogo

Banned
It wouldn't surprise me, honestly. I mean there are games and mods out there that glorify genocide, mass shootings, Nazis, sexual assault, pedophillia, rape, and more.

It really sucks your soul out when you realize this.

How you gonna call out Nazis when Bootaaay is RIGHT THERE? So rude.

Damn you, stro. You're the freaking Nazi.

Also, so much disdain for indie wrestling. I bet Arn Anderson would've gladly worked a spotfest with The Young Bucks, if only their careers had overlapped. I mean, The Young Bucks are pretty amazing. Probably the best tag team in wrestling today. Or ever, maybe. Yeah, that sounds about right.

strobogo

Banned
Damn you, stro. You're the freaking Nazi.

Also, so much disdain for indie wrestling. I bet Arn Anderson would've gladly worked a spotfest with The Young Bucks, if only their careers had overlapped. I mean, The Young Bucks are pretty amazing. Probably the best tag team in wrestling today. Or ever, maybe. Yeah, that sounds about right.

Another swing and a miss for ol' Booty.

ibejQaY5mP1mZ1.gif

PInk Tape

Banned
How you gonna call out Nazis when Bootaaay is RIGHT THERE? So rude.

Sorry Boots! Didn't mean to step on your toes!
:p

Speaking of, there was this one game I read about years ago that was made by Neo Nazis that had you playing as a white guy (obviously) and you got to kill people of color for no other reason other than racism. (no surprises there)

So that one's a double jackpot.

strobogo

Banned
I really wished they had filmed Ambrose's escape from the hospital. It would be a nice
segment to send him off.

Hm. Let me give you a textual reenactment.

"We've got to get this man to the ER STAT!"
*Squiggly faces*
*Inaudible words*
"Woiheheaaaaaaaaaaaahn ah"
"The patient is loose. Someone call security!"
*Wolf howl*
*Stumbles into the desert in a hospital gown*
"Uh, I think we have a problem."

Hm. Let me give you a textual reenactment.

"We've got to get this man to the ER STAT!"
*Squiggly faces*
*Inaudable words*
"Woiheheaaaaaaaaaaaahn ah"
"The patient is loose. Someone call security!"
*Wolf howl*
*Stumbles into the desert in a hospital gown*
"Uh, I think we have a problem."

I can't settle on a gif to show just how much I enjoyed your masterpiece. Bravo.

Hey stro, I know you hate Karl Anderson, but didn't you at least like his spinebuster? I would say having a sweet spinebuster goes hand in hand with the Anderson name, but then there's Ken Anderson to consider.

Zach

Random thoughts while watching Halloween Havoc 1994:

• Vader may just be in my top ten ever because of his WCW run. That being said, this whistling business he's started doing is strange and slightly annoying.
  • I find it weird that, since WCW is still portraying itself as real, Michael Buffer introduces heels as "infamous". Like, he just said Flair was being accompanied by "the infamous Sensual Sherri". Can you imagine that in a legitimate sport? The infamous LeBron James? Or the infamous Tiger Woods or whatever? It's funny to me.
  • Speaking of Michael Buffer: dude flubs his introductions ALL THE TIME and it's super frustrating knowing that this guy is paid -- handsomely! -- to do literally one thing and can't get it right. If you are a professional announcer and you mess up twice in a year, your announcing license (it's totally a thing, guys) should be revoked for life.

strobogo

Banned
Hey stro, I know you hate Karl Anderson, but didn't you at least like his spinebuster? I would say having a sweet spinebuster goes hand in hand with the Anderson name, but then there's Ken Anderson to consider.

Fuck Karl Anderson. His spinebuster is okay.

• Vader may just be in my top ten ever because of his WCW run. That being said, this whistling business he's started doing is strange and slightly annoying.
  • I find it weird that, since WCW is still portraying itself as real, Michael Buffer introduces heels as "infamous". Like, he just said Flair was being accompanied by "the infamous Sensual Sherri". Can you imagine that in a legitimate sport? The infamous LeBron James? Or the infamous Tiger Woods or whatever? It's funny to me.
  • Speaking of Michael Buffer: dude flubs his introductions ALL THE TIME and it's super frustrating knowing that this guy is paid -- handsomely! -- to do literally one thing and can't get it right. If you are a professional announcer and you mess up twice in a year, your announcing license (it's totally a thing, guys) should be revoked for life.

I'm pretty confident that Buffer never got through a single WCW without messing up a name or nick name, or just saying something weird and wrong. I'm not exaggerating. I really don't think he did one WCW with out flubbing his lines.

PInk Tape

Banned
I'd watch a show where Ambrose travels across the country solving mysteries spanning from murder to the paranormal.

Put that on the Network. That's worth 9.99* right there.

*with 6 month commitment

Never forget this fucking gem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc4g7VkCJYw

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If the Young Bucks were in the 80s, The Steiner Brothers would have gotten ahold of them, and well, we wouldn't see them again.

Top Bottom