• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

I really hate this current trend of wanting video games to be presented as SAYING SOMETHING IMPORTANT, even if has nothing to do with the gameplay

it's awful. gaming was the last, pure mindless entertainment around. leave "deep messages" to movies, books and music.

i just want to hack zombies or shoot an alien in the face.

funny thing i that you can make anything sound deep if you want.

"Street Fighter 2 is a deep look at racist stereotypes and how a military dictatorship led by someone with superpowers can unite multicultural differences for the greater good".

I'm thoroughly convinced.

strobogo

Banned
If they asked you for $11 it would be some hipster ass game with hipster ass electronic music and nerdy 2D gameplay that GTA2 already did 15 years ago.

I see you.

Incoming strobogo NJPW hate because "all these Japanese matches + styles look the same."

'Cism.

Get fucked

I think I'd like the Vaudvillains better if it was just Gotch. I'm not into Aiden English. I hate that he looks like Cesaro circa 2008 and I hate his voice. And he's not that good in the ring. And his gimmick doesn't really even fit with the team gimmick. He isn't a throw back. He's an opera singer.

If Streets Of Rage was released today it would be praised for its diverse cast of characters.

Blaze's short skirt would be seen as sexist and the SEGA as cis-scum for allowing it.

plus, one of the bosses is a color changed Blaze. can't those cunts program more than 1 female sprite?

I just want my alternatives back. Have your Maddens and NBA 2Kwhatever, just give me back NFL/NBA Street.

Give me back Fire Pro Goddamn it. Pony up that dough NJPW

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Catching up on Regular Show
upuyK5q.gif

The majesty

Can a murdering monster like Mario really feel love for princess peach after he commited goomba genocide and killed all of Bousers kids?

But now that I think of it there really isnt a lot of good score attack / jump in and do stuff games right now. I guess the high score has been replaced with Rouge Likes?

should be 100%.

It was never 100%. Cinematic platformers, adventure games, and deep RPGs have existed forever, and those are pretty much the great-great granddaddies of the "serious games" movement we see today. There's more than enough of what you want to go around. Too much, actually.

Even the 'mindless, disposable entertainment' is up its own ass trying to make itself like movies though. There is no Tony Hawk or Crazy Taxi equivalent

I disagree. Very little of the indie/kickstarter space are trying to be movies. All I see is lots of love towards forgotten and niche IPs/genres that we wouldn't have been getting if it was left up to big publishers.

It just sounds like today's tastes aren't aligning with the kind of arcade titles you want. That's fine, but it doesn't mean everything sucks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WWE should release a XFL game in the style of "Blitz: The League"

I was actually having a talk with a friend the other day that XFL should have been more over the top and done in the style of Blitz with fake steroid scandals and ripping dudes legs off on the court. Go all the way, VKM. Even have Midway make them a game.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Y'all watching Summerslam '98 on the Network?!

Double J-E-Double F, J-A-Double R-E-Double T match is on now.

If I recall this is where he lost his hair and changed up his attitude?

PInk Tape

Banned
Whenever I think about playing TLOU again I keep remembering that one post in one of the many threads it spawned last year. It was something like wanting the game cover (I assume) to be hung up in a museum because, in his mind, it was the perfect game that will never be topped and was one you can talk about openly without feeling ashamed and awkward towards people irl that you play and talk about video games..

...I liked TLOU but some of the praise on here reached borderline parody.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hey guys, where's the wrestling thread at?! :(

EDIT: Headbangers just showed up at Summerslam '98. Wow, forgot about them. Surprised they really never transitioned well into the attitude era.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not going to willingly listen to Sublime or Transplants.

Good man. Sublime is horseshit and so are their fans. Dude didn't stop using drugs when he had a kid, now that poor fucker had to grow up without a dad because he was a selfish cunt.

strobogo

Banned
Whenever I think about playing TLOU again I keep remembering that one post in one of the many threads it spawned last year. It was something like wanting the game cover (I assume) to be hung up in a museum because, in his mind, it was the perfect game that will never be topped and was one you can talk about openly without feeling ashamed and awkward towards people irl that you play and talk about video games..

I don't think I've ever had shame over video games like I have of pro wrestling.

Sublime definitely fucking sucks.

jred2k

I'm just playing through it for the first time now and am about half done. I'm enjoying it quite a bit for what it is, but it gets far too much credit for being some gripping work of art. Every line of dialogue, every character, and every situation feels like it was just copy-pasted from another piece of post-apocalyptic fiction. They also should have tried to improve the melee combat from Uncharted a little more, considering that was the worst part of that franchise.

THUG 1 is rated exactly where it should be.
As the best non EA's Skate skating videogame of all time

THUG 1 story was legitimately good. Fuck you Sparrow

Also I don't practice Santeria

it's awful. gaming was the last, pure mindless entertainment around. leave "deep messages" to movies, books and music.

i just want to hack zombies or shoot an alien in the face.

Damn man, I feel for you. It's almost as if games like Dead Rising and Saints Row don't exist to fill the empty void of mindless shit that you crave so much. I wasn't aware that "deep" games are the only games around these days.

Top Bottom