• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I am not. I do find it weird that Punk is doing a whole lot of public things for someone who wanted his privacy and to be left alone.

It's almost as if he's addicted to the spotlight and doesn't want to feel irrelevant, despite begging for his life to be like that.

I wonder what state the WWE would be in if Batista had won at WM... one of those What If? Marvel comic book scenarios. DBry wouldn't have had his signature moment but then he probably wouldn't have wasted his time with Kane if he had lost. Batista coming back to Raw with the belt acting like a dick would have been pretty entertaining.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
David Michael Bautista Jr. is too good for this carny ass sport and the neck beards who boo him. Homie should just collect that Marvel skrilla and get some more gigs.

Is…is this a shoot on Kurt Angle?

Wesker, what does Meltzer have to say about this?

Friend Lambda, what does Meltzerz have to say about it?

I'm sensing legit heat between the two.

Meltzerz had a big report, given to him by Ben Dover, in which it explained how Kurt stole Austin's broken neck gimmick and added the gold medal on top to bury Austin. Austin hated this cause he felt Kurt was "showing up the boys" and asked Bradshaw to finger Angle in the shower but Bradshaw did nothing cause Kurt was a legit shooter. there was supposed to be a wrestler's court to judge Kurt, to "dick him around" according to Ben Dover, but only Pat Patterson showed up.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C

R.I.P. "Ravishing" Rick Rude's career. :(

strobogo

Banned
Meltzerz had a big report, given to him by Ben Dover, in which it explained how Kurt stole Austin's broken neck gimmick and added the gold medal on top to bury Austin. Austin hated this cause he felt Kurt was "showing up the boys" and asked Bradshaw to finger Angle in the shower but Bradshaw did nothing cause Kurt was a legit shooter. there was supposed to be a wrestler's court to judge Kurt, to "dick him around" according to Ben Dover, but only Pat Patterson showed up.

PInk Tape

Banned
My guess is that he may be doing all these things so he can squeeze out any money he can before he is forced on the con scene and fades away into irrelevancy or that he wants the "mainstream" appeal like Jericho has and lives off of hosting, podcasts, and music. Time will tell what exactly he's doing post WWE.

This doesn't make him any less of a hypocritical quitter who's last match will be remembered as nothing but a set up feud against Kane. The Authority version of Kane. In 2014.

strobogo

Banned
ibhVKdUaEmWX5U.gif

This promo from Clash 31. Hulk is talking about how all the Irish, the people of his heritage like the O'Rileys, Hogans, and MCMAHONS are shaking in their boots. And then he and Gene give that look to the camera at the mention of McMahon. At the end of the promo, Hulk pulls out his red and yellow speedo, saying he'll be wearing that after the show as he rides on his Harley, looking for trouble.

Zach

ibhVKdUaEmWX5U.gif

This promo from Clash 31. Hulk is talking about how all the Irish, the people of his heritage like the O'Rileys, Hogans, and MCMAHONS are shaking in their boots. And then he and Gene give that look to the camera at the mention of McMahon. At the end of the promo, Hulk pulls out his red and yellow speedo, saying he'll be wearing that after the show as he rides on his Harley, looking for trouble.

Why are you doing this to me, stro?

: |

Zach

You're rubbing it in my face that Hogan is about to ruin all that is good in WCW!

Well, hopefully not all that is good. When the H does Flyin' Brian join the Horsemen?! That's probably deep into '95, yeah? Ugh...

strobogo

Banned
You're rubbing it in my face that Hogan is about to ruin all that is good in WCW!

Well, hopefully not all that is good. When the H does Flyin' Brian join the Horsemen?! That's probably deep into '95, yeah? Ugh...

isK5MBwAPWrHH.gif

It's a shame that so much of the DoD stuff was on Saturday Night and Main Event, which likely won't be put up for a long time. If you look closely, you can see the edge of the set, King Curtis apparently mouthing lines, and the open studio door. It's truly AWFUL and I can't wait for you to get to this.

Pillman joins the Horsemen officially at Halloween Havoc 1995.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
My guess is that he may be doing all these things so he can squeeze out any money he can before he is forced on the con scene and fades away into irrelevancy or that he wants the "mainstream" appeal like Jericho has and lives off of hosting, podcasts, and music. Time will tell what exactly he's doing post WWE.

This doesn't make him any less of a hypocritical quitter who's last match will be remembered as nothing but a set up feud against Kane. The Authority version of Kane. In 2014.
You mean, this Kane?

tumblr_n9pbcznSN51sjy1oxo2_400.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Soul, can you tell me where Kane's abs went after WM? Do you find it weird at all that a man deep into his 40s with 22 years of wrestling could suddenly develop abs just with yoga?

i0m2uzGKDIAZl.gif

Heel

lol Stone Cold Steven's Broken Skull Challenge is a trip.

CATCH YA ASS DOWN THE ROAD.

TOMORROW YOU TAKIN' ON THE SKULL BUSTER.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Soul, can you tell me where Kane's abs went after WM? Do you find it weird at all that a man deep into his 40s with 22 years of wrestling could suddenly develop abs just with yoga?
This whole "DDP Yoga" shit is unfounded. It was never confirmed that he was ever on DDP Yoga. All we ever got was that DDP said that he heard Y2J was trying to convince Kane to get on the program. Nothing more.

And what do you mean where did his abs go? He had them for months, and still could. He's totally covered now.

However, Kane has a long history of getting in and out of great shape over the past few years, depending on his motivation. During Team Hell No, he was in great shape, during his 2010 World Title run, he was in GREAT shape, and he was slated to get into a feud with Punk, so he got in great shape. Plus, he had time off to film SNE2. Time off helps a lot.

The idea that anyone in WWE is on steroids now is silly. No one is that ridiculously huge anymore. The only person I would have suspected was Rock, but he's got all the tools to get big naturally. GGG isn't crazy enough to start doing anabolic steroids at the end of his career at the age of 47. The man has incredible genes. Both his parents are in their 90's and functioning well.

PInk Tape

Banned
I don't think Kane was ever fat though, or at least fat like the Undertaker... (I know you didn't really call him fat in his previous versions).

Yeah, I get what you're saying. There's really nothing wrong with what he looked like before but it's nice to see him a bit healthier, you know.

I thought Punk wanted out of the wrestling business specifically, not out of the spotlight as a whole? He was even quoted by some as saying he was "done with this wrestling thing". How does that make him a hypocrite?

strobogo

Banned
This whole "DDP Yoga" shit is unfounded. It was never confirmed that he was ever on DDP Yoga. All we ever got was that DDP said that he heard Y2J was trying to convince Kane to get on the program. Nothing more.

And what do you mean where did his abs go? He had them for months, and still could. He's totally covered now.

However, Kane has a long history of getting in and out of great shape over the past few years, depending on his motivation. During Team Hell No, he was in great shape, during his 2010 World Title run, he was in GREAT shape, and he was slated to get into a feud with Punk, so he got in great shape. Plus, he had time off to film SNE2. Time off helps a lot.

The idea that anyone in WWE is on steroids now is silly. No one is that ridiculously huge anymore. The only person I would have suspected was Rock, but he's got all the tools to get big naturally. GGG isn't crazy enough to start doing anabolic steroids at the end of his career at the age of 47. The man has incredible genes. Both his parents are in their 90's and functioning well.

I didn't say a thing about anabolic steroids.

200_s.gif

DMczaf

I like how Vader decides pulling up his pants is more important than defending himself from the most telegraphed punch in WWE history.

I'd just like to add to the chorus of "fuck Sublime and their shitty garbage music" from a few pages back. Everyone in SoCal loves em though. Same with RHCP, who is even worse

Top Bottom