• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

So what the hell is AJ Styles current look even going for?

Its like.... bike armour but justin beiber hair and slightly too groomed facial and chest hair.

Its a weird look.

I wouldn't go out of your way to do so, dude doesn't have the look, doesn't have any presence - he's not entirely terrible on the stick and seems fine in the ring, but it just isn't clicking for whatever reason. He's meant to be this tough, menacing dude, but just look at this shit;

KuCIg8k.png

He looks like Tazz cosplaying as The Big Show.

Thorakai

Whenever I think about playing TLOU again I keep remembering that one post in one of the many threads it spawned last year. It was something like wanting the game cover (I assume) to be hung up in a museum because, in his mind, it was the perfect game that will never be topped and was one you can talk about openly without feeling ashamed and awkward towards people irl that you play and talk about video games..

...I liked TLOU but some of the praise on here reached borderline parody.

I liked the game too, but yea the praise for it goes way overboard. I don't think the plot is good enough to warrant a play and a movie, for example.

PInk Tape

Banned
I'm just playing through it for the first time now and am about half done. I'm enjoying it quite a bit for what it is, but it gets far too much credit for being some gripping work of art. Every line of dialogue, every character, and every situation feels like it was just copy-pasted from another piece of post-apocalyptic fiction. They also should have tried to improve the melee combat from Uncharted a little more, considering that was the worst part of that franchise.

I feel the same way about it. It's still a great game but it just seems to play it safe with its recycling of its inspirations instead of changing it up or maybe adding something to it. I can think of two sections of the game that really surprised me and those two might be the reason to why people freak out about this so much.

I don't think I've ever had shame over video games like I have of pro wrestling.

Neither have I. I guess to some people being shameful of games is like being shameful of wrestling.

JavyOO7

Hmm. That SS 98 match was great between Rock and HHH. The ending was weird though. When Chyna low blowed Rocky, why didn't Mizzark come in and do something to HHH to reset the advantage?

PInk Tape

Banned
I liked the game too, but yea the praise for it goes way overboard. I don't think the plot is good enough to warrant a play and a movie, for example.

It's still weird to me that they want to adapt it into a play of all things. I just don't see the crossover appeal.

PInk Tape

Banned
Gives a chance for the real gamers to dress up in their fanciest fedoras and DBZ shirts.

I wouldn't be surprised if "real" gamers similar to that showed up to watch and then complain throughout that this isn't that great because they skipped a tiny detail or that the girl who plays Ellie doesn't look like exactly like her because she has blonde hair or that she's asian and that ruins the whole thing for them.
...At that point I'd rather go to Dash con 2: Ballpiting harder.

DMczaf

Man, Savio's debut as Savio was mind blowing. I thought he was just some crazy fan coming out of the crowd to save Razor. I was shook.

The G1 this year has just been insane. Three shows that are potentially show of the year and consistently great to amazing matches. And there are still four shows left.

I am not. I do find it weird that Punk is doing a whole lot of public things for someone who wanted his privacy and to be left alone.

Yep, that's pretty ironic. But, there's a buck to be had. I would go so far to say that he would make the con autograph circuit within 3 years.

Top Bottom