• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Let's say you pulled a needle out of John Cena's thumb, and he says that in return, he'll bury any wrestler you want, past/present. Which wrestler would that be?

strobogo

Banned
Are we soulmates, Vinny? Beagles are the best ever and I think about getting one often. But then I think about how I'm not at home for eight hours a day and I feel bad. I've read dogs -- specifically beagles -- get depressed easily without consistent human interaction. And then I think that maybe I should get two beagles so they can at least have each other to hang out with. And then I think "where am I going to get this beagle and shouldn't I just adopt a dog?"

It's all very overwhelming.

I used to like pugs, but I need my dogs to have soft fur and not sound like they have sleep apnea. I've had Lhasas for the last 15 years or so. They're pretty awesome except they bark at EVERYTHING. But that is what the breed is there for. If you keep them trimmed, they don't shed, no dander, very sweet, cuddly dogs. My sister has an Aussie Shepard mutt that is fucking rad, though. SO much god damn energy, but really fun and smart.

Would have been fun to see Cena break the Streak just so we could have a broken Kayfabe promo from Taker the next night talking about how much Respect he has for Cena.

TL21xx

Banned
I'm one of the folks at RAW tonight! I'm on mobile GAF, so here's a link to my sign album: http://imgur.com/a/I2GyS

I'm in Section 45, row 23, so odds are you will see at least one of our signs at some point. Looking forward to tonight!

strobogo

Banned
ECW is wrasslin. Tommy Dreamer and Tommy Cairo throwing promos at each other VIA SATELLITE. Both are wearing fanny packs. Cairo is in his back yard. Wearing a leather fanny pack. IN HIS BACK YARD. The next interview is Shane Douglas with a terrible mustache saying he challenged Ric Flair to a SHOOT.

I forgot how stupid The Shooter Dean Malenko was. He'd put on some hold before a match and Joey would scream HE JUST SHOT ON X, HE SHOT!

Apparently Serena Deeb is injured, so no rematch between her and Ivelisse later this month. That sucks, I was really looking forward to it. But they'll have a 4-way between Su Yung, Leah Von Dutch, Nevaeh, and Kong. Winner gets a title shot in the main event later that night.

This has been your SHINE news update.

ECW is wrasslin. Tommy Dreamer and Tommy Cairo throwing promos at each other VIA SATELLITE. Both are wearing fanny packs. Cairo is in his back yard. Wearing a leather fanny pack. IN HIS BACK YARD. The next interview is Shane Douglas with a terrible mustache saying he challenged Ric Flair to a SHOOT.

I forgot how stupid The Shooter Dean Malenko was. He'd put on some hold before a match and Joey would scream HE JUST SHOT ON X, HE SHOT!

Extreme!
Championship!
Wrestling!

Flashing lights, blue and red
Echoed screams in your head
Bred with soul, dreams and hopes
Fill the top, to the roof
Show the world, Youve got heart
One bell rings, a battle starts
Break the rules, stand on chairs
Jump of the ropes, fly through the air
A game of chess, with real knights
Time to think, Chance gone by
Your on top, All is still
Can't be stopped, will go on
Crimson mat, bodies broken
One man falls, a victor chosen
History crushed, fear has raised
A band of gold around your waist

This, Is extreme!

PInk Tape

Banned
The first dog I ever had was a beagle/german shepard and he was one of the sweetest dogs ever.

A leather fanny pack? It's 3edgy5me.

Kaladin

WWE must have heard my request to stop making merch I would actually buy.

wa95owzp4xM1vBlQ3Oho1cg8O_dmoi4z3WhxQIpXjRhU31jQpuFgppz834iMpdCSGROq0xt2Zq3UsvxzqjE1v4m8o4K5iS7AXyPOWFRE9lZWiD3GLy1GEt4f1Bg=s0-d-e1-ft

So I'm gonna renew the Network, but I turned off "automatic renew" cause I wanna score a sweet deal (well, free shirt or something) that I think WWE will offer to new members.

Though I wonder if WWE will "reward" original customers who renew automatically? They've been pretty generous with the Network (including the 9.95 price point).

LRE1YIH.png

Starting on that 50 disc Buddy Rose set I got, first match is Piper vs Sheepherder Luke in a hair match with Buddy handcuffed at ringside - Piper's ridiculously over with the Portland crowd and noticeably working at a much faster paced than he was later in the 80s, while Luke brawls well and hits a sweet spinning back elbow at one point. There's an awesome ref bump from Sandy Barr, but Piper still comes up victorious and the crowd come unglued. The faces hit the ring and Luke is shaved, leaving Butch to cut a scathing, incoherent promo as Buddy tries to calm him down.

That ref bump;

Piper.gif

Shaved Luke;

Luke.gif

I didn't realise 2014 Axl Rose was channelling 1980 Buddy Rose;

fwNGoiH.jpg

Zach

I look forward to all of this. Month/year?

TL21xx

Banned
Damn, 3 wrasslegaffers all in the same building in one night? Have fun fellas.

Just needed one more to have a gaffer in every corner.
Well, technically it's five, since my bros (Terabyte and MagnumBoy) are there, but one of them never posts, so we can go with four.

Let's say you pulled a needle out of John Cena's thumb, and he says that in return, he'll bury any wrestler you want, past/present. Which wrestler would that be?

Impossible, Cena would overcome the odds of his thumb dilemma before I could even help.
But I'll humour your absurd non odds overcoming scenario, just for my own entertainment I'd have him bury the Brian Kendrick just as the little snot was first trying to get his silly gimmick over. After a scathing promo where he refers to Kendrick as Spanky and a rap that implies Kendrick having a relationship with his close friend Ezekiel Jackson Cena would then proceed to attitude adjust him straight out of the WWE with such force that poor old Ezekiel gets caught in the gravity of the burial thus also changing the fate of the final ECW champion, which would then be Cena somehow.

You could say this is a waste of a burial opportunity but I'd enjoy it all the same.

I like this promo style from Piper, he kind of winds up the crazy, rather than going full crazy from the start. Those Cena-level insults, though; "Buddy Rose stuck his face out the window and a police officer arrested him for mooning".

Is that drawn on construction paper?

It totally looks that way - there's no good quality pictures of the old belt I can find, unfortunately, only the one they replaced it with.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm one of the folks at RAW tonight! I'm on mobile GAF, so here's a link to my sign album: http://imgur.com/a/I2GyS

I'm in Section 45, row 23, so odds are you will see at least one of our signs at some point. Looking forward to tonight!

Oh lord! It's going to be beautiful! LEGIT SHOOK BABY!

strobogo

Banned
Just go with it. I'm in a dark place right now, stro.

The only thing to look forward to for ECW is a lot of fucking bizarre promos where guys are clearly drunk or pilled up. Really noticeable when name guys come in for a short period. Like Hawk and Ron Simmons. Or every Scorpio promo. And every PE promo. And every Sandman promo. And a lot of Paul E. promos seem like he's definitely at least coked up a little. The wrestling is often straight up bad, and the good matches are always cut up and edited anyway. Sabu is always a highlight just to see what crazy shit he's going to do and botch horribly. He's my favorite botchy wrestler.

ECW's way of doing TV was do a weekend of shows, cut them up for TV over the course of a month with a ton of promos to sell the next month shows. Then try to sell the full shows later through RF Video.

Zach

The only thing to look forward to for ECW is a lot of fucking bizarre promos where guys are clearly drunk or pilled up. Really noticeable when name guys come in for a short period. Like Hawk and Ron Simmons. Or every Scorpio promo. And every PE promo. And every Sandman promo. And a lot of Paul E. promos seem like he's definitely at least coked up a little. The wrestling is often straight up bad, and the good matches are always cut up and edited anyway. Sabu is always a highlight just to see what crazy shit he's going to do and botch horribly. He's my favorite botchy wrestler.

ECW's way of doing TV was do a weekend of shows, cut them up for TV over the course of a month with a ton of promos to sell the next month shows. Then try to sell the full shows later through RF Video.

Oh yeah, I've been exposed to all kinds of this. Sometimes it's amazing. There was, like, smooth jazz playing during a montage thing the other day and I was like "uhhh... well... this is great." And Hawk was most def drunk/on drugs during his promos.

strobogo

Banned
Oh yeah, I've been exposed to all kinds of this. Sometimes it's amazing. There was, like, smooth jazz playing during a montage thing the other day and I was like "uhhh... well... this is great." And Hawk was most def drunk/on drugs during his promos.

There is an episode during the Dreamer/Sandman feud that is full on easy listening adult contemporary music that is hilariously out of place. There is also an episode where Taz is put in a double arm bar by the Malenko brothers for a solid 5 minutes, but gets up and his arms are completely fine.

Heel

That's a strong opener for WWE that will no doubt spike a huge Nielsen number. McMahon vs. Bella has that big fight feel, moving the needle with casual fans.

somedevil

Didn't Cena open the show last week and not the authority? Also, can't wait for that brock and cena thing they taped that's airing tonight.

Top Bottom