• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

bjork

In Sting's new interview he made it sorta sound like he didn't believe Hogan had much to do with what happened at Starrcade. :\

I would have figured it was all Hogan lol. I'm sure Bischoff and everyone else realised Sting needed to win cleanly but buckled to Hogan's shit.

Sting man, don't believe Hogan's BS.

What if the actual truth came out, and it was that Hulk/Nash/Russo/etc had zero sayso, and someone else actually decided all the stuff people have laid at their feet for 15 years?

Zach

I think it's pretty obvious Hogan and Bischoff were calling the shots and made the foolishness happen. And Sting was classic, dumb Sting and didn't do anything to prevent it.

What if the actual truth came out, and it was that Hulk/Nash/Russo/etc had zero sayso, and someone else actually decided all the stuff people have laid at their feet for 15 years?

cc9QBRI.gif

klonere

Banned
So if the hamburger makers all decide that instead of beef, they're going to use dog shit pressed into patties, you're just supposed to go "oh ok, I like dog shit as much as the beef that was my gateway itno enjoying burgers in the first place"?

Come on dude, a different opinion isn't crying. Options are good.

It's good that we live in an era where so many different styles and approaches to wrestling are accessible with a few clicks of yer mouse then isn't it.

cordy

Banned
Predict how you see the titles change for the next year

WWE Title

- Styles gets the belt at No Mercy (10/9)
- Cena/Styles rematch at Rumble/February ppv where Cena wins the title and gets his 16th
- Ambrose/Cena at WM where Ambrose regains the title and officially becomes the "new face" that runs the place since John's part-time
- Wyatt cashes in on Ambrose sometime after MITB and becomes WWE Champion around July-August next year

Universal Title

- Rollins wins title next week
- Reigns somehow gains the title a little after sadly enough
- Owens wins title at TLC probably through Jericho's help
- Balor wins Rumble and regains title at WM after beating Owens

Good thing about SD is that their main guys are Ambrose, Styles, Cena, Orton, Wyatt and Ziggler. It's easy to see who's winning titles there. Raw's hard because you've got Reigns. The "Reigns Factor" trumps everything.

Jamie OD

Ireland's HMV stores are shutting down and one of them is tweeting Broken Matt Hardy memes to promote their clearance sale today. The world has gone mad.

klonere

Banned

Yes! For instance I watched a really solid little match from this years Zero-1 Fire Festival tournament recently. James Raideen vs. Yusaku Obata, the classic huge jacked up foreigner vs the plucky smaller Japanese contender. The size difference is hilariously on display when Obata tries to pick up Raideen's leg for a Fishermans suplex and you realize Raideen's calf is significantly bigger than Obata's head.

Anyway the match has one big high spot - a nice dive to the outside by Obata. Otherwise it is the classic big man small man match - Raideen utterly dominates with huge chops and slams but nothing fancy. The match is very deliberately paced with Obata doing some great selling before his big fire up spot towards the end of the match. The crowd also desperately wants Obata to win which adds so much to the affair. The whole show was highly recommended to me but I haven't had a chance to watch it all yet. This is the match that has stood out to me most as being just a bit different, a bit of a throwback match, like a hypothetica early 90s HBK/Bret match where they would face off against some roided up monster.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/0B5rK95X3mRiiZWhYZEpSNkk4ems (starts at 27:16)

Predict how you see the titles change for the next year

WWE Title

- Styles gets the belt at No Mercy (10/9)
- Cena/Styles rematch at Rumble/February ppv where Cena wins the title and gets his 16th
- Ambrose/Cena at WM where Ambrose regains the title and officially becomes the "new face" that runs the place since John's part-time
- Wyatt cashes in on Ambrose sometime after MITB and becomes WWE Champion around July-August next year

Universal Title

- Rollins wins title next week
- Reigns somehow gains the title a little after sadly enough
- Owens wins title at TLC probably through Jericho's help
- Balor wins Rumble and regains title at WM after beating Owens

Good thing about SD is that their main guys are Ambrose, Styles, Cena, Orton, Wyatt and Ziggler. It's easy to see who's winning titles there. Raw's hard because you've got Reigns. The "Reigns Factor" trumps everything.
I doubt they do Owens v Balor at Mania. I think KO possibly wins Monday, he feuds with Jericho, then maybe Roman is able to weasel a title match at Survivor Series. At TLC they have a multiman title match, Seth, KO, Roman, Jericho, and maybe Sami for the title and Seth wins. The Demon Queen comes back to win the rumble, Seth defeats KO to defend his title at Rumble. Seth defends successfully against Roman at nWo, Seth loses to the Queen at Mania.

but the strap is red omg let's chant
I think it faced backlash because it was the men's title and there was no difference. Yeah, I thought the title fucking sucked but I was trying to watch the damn match. I didn't even know what the crowd was chanting until I read on here and Mick Foley sent out his press release on Twitter addressing the fans.

Ultratech

2YXwl2S.gif

The aftermath: https://youtu.be/sJO8mpSUuVM
The public deletion: https://youtu.be/zcqsgAP9mx0
Brother Nero is broken: https://youtu.be/4flSeh8oWgM
Preparing for ladders: https://youtu.be/bfrmvxY7_4M
Ladder match ending: https://youtu.be/mEAtKe5E2YY
Brother Nero V Abyss: https://youtu.be/2Fh2EwPiyzU

Bless you, sir.

"These ladders with rungs don't belong in the contest of a wrestling match. This thing...it's...it's obsolete!"

Broken Matt's expressions are just SO good.

cordy

Banned
I doubt they do Owens v Balor at Mania. I think KO possibly wins Monday, he feuds with Jericho, then maybe Roman is able to weasel a title match at Survivor Series. At TLC they have a multiman title match, Seth, KO, Roman, Jericho, and maybe Sami for the title and Seth wins. The Demon Queen comes back to win the rumble, Seth defeats KO to defend his title at Rumble. Seth defends successfully against Roman at nWo, Seth loses to the Queen at Mania.

Definitely possible. I'm just not sure when we're getting a Rollins/Balor rematch or when Owens is winning the belt.

MC Safety

Here's to 10 years, zero matches won, and absolutely no Spanish learned, Rosa.

Has Rosa ever won a match? I guess she has if you consider tag matches, etc.

Recall

Mostly good. I didn't find any of the matches to be exceptional, even though I had high hopes for a couple.

Its an incredible Iron Man match that howard finkel ruins by announcing the winner during the introductions.

Also you giving Backlash 2000 a B- means that nothing until WM17 will recieve an A.

Top Bottom