• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

I think they were going to have a program with Jeri-KO before Seth ruined everything.

No. Owens was being moved into a feud with Finn for the title.

Didn't Meltz say Neville and Sami are being used for the tag-division?

No, he said that he thought they might keep them together to add a team to the division and since they weren't doing anything else with them. What Meltzer thinks and what he has inside info on are two different things.

Fox318

tumblr_mw57v50UqQ1rg89a6o1_500.jpg

Fox318

Man I went down the rabbit hole of looking at some lucha masks.

I can't imagine wanting to give up some of these masks like cibernetico for example.

What I don't get is how HHH doesn't get why the masks look cool and work?

He turned La Sombra into a 3rd rate male stripper.

I mean just treat the performer normally and the mask doesn't become a distraction.

I don't think that he has a general disbelief in masks. I think he just thought Sombra specifically didn't need a mask. They've signed/are using a few masked guys (Metalik and Kalisto for example).

And Sombra seems to be getting over slowly but surely, which is what I figured would happen. He's talented. The mask might have aided things along though, but I think its importance is overrated in his case. The bigger problem with him was that he was going against two crowd favorites (Roode and Tye) right off the bat.

Barrage

He doesnt think super handsome guys need masks, which makes sense. Incant even imagine Del Rio with a mask now, his facials are half the appeal.

Fox318

Aside from the MMA\Prowrestling crossover and GreecoRoman/Freestyle/Catch Wrestling crossover is there any other category of wrestlers that when you see him/her you think : "Now there's a shooter!"

Aside from the MMA\Prowrestling crossover and GreecoRoman/Freestyle/Catch Wrestling crossover is there any other category of wrestlers that when you see him/her you think : "Now there's a shooter!"

not wrestling but maybe basketball

Now since the Dodgers have Josh Reddick, I ready to hear every WWE theme when he walks up to bat

Adree

I think leaving the mask off Cien was the right choice. It on/off won't be what gets him over and it being off will give him a better chance with McMahon. The problem is he hasn't adapted to the WWE style well at all and they are putting him against crowd favorites.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
LA sombra was way cooler than cein, I mean still don't why he lost it in the first place.
Someone else owns "La Sombra" obviously.

I think leaving the mask off Cien was the right choice. It on/off won't be what gets him over and it being off will give him a better chance with McMahon. The problem is he hasn't adapted to the WWE style well at all and they are putting him against crowd favorites.

My wife says he is super cute and says keeping the mask on would be dumb. There is at least something to be said about that.

Part of Cein's problems IMO is he's too good looking to be a baby face right now and I'm not sure how well he could pull off being a heel and either way it doesn't have a good enough grasp on English to cut a promo and the stuff he did with the mask on doesn't seem to translate very well without it, dude needs a valet who can be his mouth piece and talk him up while trashing the guys who would boo him and the women who'd cheer him because he's "hot". Because he could steal their girlfriends/wives (which might be a "lol" for those annoying members of a Fullsail crowd) but won't because they're not good enough for him. Might be cheap but if they're going to make him look like a Chip and Dale guy but then do nothing with it, they need to play it up. But again I don't know if they have anyone who'd fit that spot, NXT could use a "couple" and that'd be a good place to start.

So Kendrick and Daniel Bryan both trained under Shawn Michaels, eh? Huh

So was Paul London or well the school after he already had some training but I don't remember if Shawn specifically trained him but he was there.

Someone please buy this 5 for $25 shirt pack from WWE and report back.

http://shop.wwe.com/wwe-mystery-mens-t-shirt-package-%231/W12132.html

Five old Ryback shirts, maybe left over Sin Cara penis shirts that they've had stored in a crate for the last couple years.

Fox318

Why does Bryan believe Brock would actually work a match with him

Bryan had the same thought with Orton, right?

I mean the David and golaith angle is there as well as maybe Bryan going real technical on submissions with Brock but honestly even if he was back the matches I want to see Brock have that havn't already been done to death are:

1. Cesaro
  2. Samoa Joe
  3. Vs Nakamura 2
  4. Brock Squashes Stroman
  5. Rusev

KO and Zayn are borderline and Neville could have the match Bryan wanted to do.

Bryan had the same thought with Orton, right?

I mean the David and golaith angle is there as well as maybe Bryan going real technical on submissions with Brock but honestly even if he was back the matches I want to see Brock have that havn't already been done to death are:

1. Cesaro
    [*]Samoa Joe
    [*]Vs Nakamura 2
  2. Brock Squashes Stroman
    [*]Rusev

KO and Zayn are borderline and Neville could have the match Bryan wanted to do.
I'm in.

Hasney

Someone please buy this 5 for $25 shirt pack from WWE and report back.

http://shop.wwe.com/wwe-mystery-mens-t-shirt-package-%231/W12132.html

I went to pull the trigger, but it's not on in the Euros hop. Sorry marks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gkrq7-CEKE

I know it was already seen but it cracks me up everytime

Because of how easy it would have been to turn Ciampa by this point, I'm so appreciative of DIY right now. Even without the glorious bomb.

Top Bottom