• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

I don't think ratings going down will get much heat on Owens. I think any reasonable person expects them to go down, and Owens essentially has Triple H to spin things for him from a politic perspective.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
They seem to be following through on Zayn and Owens being done for a while. So I don't see that happening unless Balor being out has Vince and co like "Fuck it." Zayn is the only face left that people will get behind against KO, so who knows.

Rollins needs to be established as a face and Reigns needs to cool off in the midcard for a while. Without them, who else is there?

No way they're really done with Owens-Zayn. They still talk about it way too much. KO even brought it up again tonight.

KingBroly

Banned
So the new authority is

Steph
HHH
Jericho
Owens
Foley

Only thing missing is Corporate Kane and Big Show for the party to be truly complete.

No, HHH is going to have his own cross-brand Stable

Owens
Jericho
Sasha
Bliss
American Alpha
AJ Styles
Nakamura
etc.

ReiGun

word on the street is owens won the strap

is cena losing his touch? i thought this guy was buried years ago

Cena means nothing now that a new face is running the place.

tumblr_o5uzcfRdbG1sj4xr4o1_400.gif

Toki767

I don't think ratings going down will get much heat on Owens. I think any reasonable person expects them to go down, and Owens essentially has Triple H to spin things for him from a politic perspective.

It'll go down, but I'm curious if they'll put the blame on Owens after they used all the excuses in the world to protect Reigns when ratings went down with him as champion.

It'll go down, but I'm curious if they'll put the blame on Owens after they used all the excuses in the world to protect Reigns when ratings went down with him as champion.

I don't think they will. At least, I don't think that theory would prevail. Dunn might blame it on Owens, since he and Triple H don't get along, but I think Triple H has enough pull to keep Owens' reputation safe in the eyes of Vince, who is the only one who really matters.

Ratings didn't kill Seth's disaster of a title run so I don't see anything happening to Owens. I feel like people will care less about ratings from now on since Roman isn't the champ.

Cagey

Banned

Vince clearly loves Finn Balor.
Vince clearly loves Kevin Owens.
Vince clearly loves Seth Rollins.

Vince doesn't love only Roman Reigns.
Ratings didn't kill Seth's disaster of a title run so I don't see anything happening to Owens. I feel like people will care less about ratings from now on since Roman isn't the champ.

But why?
image.php

orioto

Good Art™
If they want to play with corporate OWens, the nice thing is there is never any better way to turn face after that.

Hell, you know what, have trips opening the show next week to say he finally got a new faithful soldier in Owens, and that will do the right thing cause he knows what's at stakes etc.. Have Owens just being "You know what i'm the champ now, fuck you i'm doing what i want"

Insta CM Punk pop.

ReiGun

No way they're really done with Owens-Zayn. They still talk about it way too much. KO even brought it up again tonight.
They brought it up because they always intended to pick it back up. But they were letting it cool off. Hence JeriKO being a thing and Sami....well, Sami's been doing fuck all but still.

The hole left by Balor and KO now being champ possibly means they'll speed up the time table. Cause again, there's no one else at present they can use. Plus, if booked right, it solidifies KO and Sami as main eventers.

Lothar

Banned
i'm all for wrestling cynicism but let's at least celebrate for now

Wouldn't you have wanted his win to mean something? That was so anti climatic. I wanted Owens to eventually win the title in a big moment as a culmination of a storyline. But I'm meh about him winning out of nowhere tonight.

I just wanna give a little crosschop to the
Cornettes out there
The Cass fans
The Roman fans
But most of all to HHH for butting his big nose in

imBask

Banned
Wouldn't you have wanted his win to mean something? That was so anti climatic. I wanted Owens to eventually win the title in a big moment as a culmination of a storyline. But I'm meh about him winning out of nowhere tonight.

it was a huge swerve on RAW for the brand new title, with HHH coming back and turning on his guy

what the fuck do you want more?!

HHH in the main event scene, Shane wrestling, Steph and Vince and Foley having important on-screen roles too, Big Show about to hype up a big match, Taker/Jericho/Dudleys still around. Hell, if it's not limited to WWE, you even have the Hardys back together now!

Mania 2000 is inescapable

The match wasn't anything special, it's no loss that Trips came in and deprived KO of a real win. They're both heels and there's a hot angle to tune in next week for. Mission accomplished.

And imagine the catering costs now that KO is going to be the champ. "Champ eats first" and all that. I hope Vince pays the camera crew well to make Owens look as presentable as possible.

UGH

KissVibes

Banned
Doesn't Cornette hate KO though

Cornette thought Steen and Omega were both the worst and hates them. BOTH ARE TWO OF THE GREATS and are now being positioned as TOP GUYS in the two biggest wrestling promotions. Like every other old lame in wrestling, he was dead wrong. I hope he's rolling over in Al Gore for President t-shirts somewhere sobbing wildly.

Toki767

The match wasn't anything special, it's no loss that Trips came in and deprived KO of a real win. They're both heels and there's a hot angle to tune in next week for. Mission accomplished.

Yeah. If anything, KO winning the title in some huge 1 on 1 classic would have had the crowd treating him even more as a face.

cordy

Banned
Just a matter of how long Owens is holding the belt, same with Styles whenever he gets it. One thing's for sure though, they both won't be having long reigns as champions at the same time. Same with every other person on the main roster (except New Day) being heels.

I guess Owens will lose the belt at TLC and Styles, he'll probably win at No Mercy or Survivor Series and hold it until the Rumble where Cena gets his 1-6.

Top Bottom