• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
tumblr_o2zh3c8xjE1saykaxo1_400.0.gif
I love the era of good guy HHH.

Lothar

Banned
it was a huge swerve on RAW for the brand new title, with HHH coming back and turning on his guy

what the fuck do you want more?!

Is this a joke?

Just being a swerve is all you want?

Look at how the Rock won it for the first time. A massive conspiracy involving half the roster in a month long storyline.

orioto

Good Art™
Wouldn't you have wanted his win to mean something? That was so anti climatic. I wanted Owens to eventually win the title in a big moment as a culmination of a storyline. But I'm meh about him winning out of nowhere tonight.

Was not anti-climatic. Owens looked like a kid who's opening his N64 at christmas for the first time and it was great. People chanted you deserve it. That' the whole thing. Some of you are analyzing in term of merit and storyline but it's not really important guys. Who cares, who remember the first horrible run of so many champs booked like shit. The important thing is to be a champ. That changes everything.

Edge was booked like a sneaky little mofo cheater all the way. Didn't stop him to have motys.

Owens is now a universal champ, and has all the attention toward him. Again, being Trips puppet can lead to the best type of face turn push you can imagine.

imBask

Banned
Is this a joke?

Just being a swerve is all you want?

Look at how the Rock won it for the first time. A massive conspiracy involving half the roster in a month long storyline.

... this authority storyline has been going on for like 2 years now, I guess you're just jaded because everyone else seems pretty stoked about it

I made that hot take that Owens would be world champ by the end of the year. You betta recognize game NVM, who said he wasn't gonna be champ by the end of the year of our lord and savior 2016.

Jerm411

Owens/Steen, Styles, and Nakamura could be your 3 brand champions before long....who the hell ever saw this months ago? Crazy but awesome times....

Maybe he just hates that the focus will be on The Authority again...because everyone seemed to hate that.

Nothing about this angle read like "The Authority" though. Triple H had an intense staredown with Mick and Steph seemed pissed off and confused. Triple H isn't in charge of Raw, so it's not like he's going to start making decisions.

CrE6P0xWIAElORy.jpg

God I hate you Cornette. You deadass wrong motherfucker.
I, jim cornette don't care what you think. In fact who gives a fuck! Kevin isn't even holding the flagship title! He's holding some shit Stephanie and Hunter's kids made in the latest wwe game. Which is also some other bullshit, he's only champion because he's one Hunter's boys. He's not even going to draw and it's funny no one will ever see him because they'll be too busy watching football. Ha! While the real champion is in SD. Just because you all make fun of him, people who attend shows actually wants him as champion. So cheer for KO all you want and your flippy shit but realize no one will care. And btw fuck Vince Russo too.

ReiGun

Give her time.

She can learn from Big E. The man is a master.

It's crazy how seamlessly Bayley's gimmick fits with New Day's. Makes me kinda sad it's likely going to be a one off thing.

Bayley gets her ass kicked by Asuka in a near one-sided match then gets to waltz into a title shot likely. And to think her big championship story was never getting a chance because she had to earn it.
I wonder if they'll ever address the fact that NXT's biggest stars tend to lose their last couple high profile matches before being called up. Cause these mofos are just waltzing in like they own the place.

#JusticeForSummerAndFoxy
Who? - WWE Creative, 2016

Lothar

Banned
... this authority storyline has been going on for like 2 years now, I guess you're just jaded because everyone else seems pretty stoked about it

Owens hasn't been in a 2 year long storyline with the authority.

And yeah, the Authority is awful. I wish HHH would stay away forever and they used anyone else to help Owens win. How's about Jericho? At least Owens has been having a storyline with Jericho.

To be fair, HHH doesn't seem like The Authority here.

Steph and Mick are the Authority. HHH technically has no say since he isn't in charge of Raw.
Nothing about this angle read like "The Authority" though. Triple H had an intense staredown with Mick and Steph seemed pissed off and confused. Triple H isn't in charge of Raw, so it's not like he's going to start making decisions.

It's still Triple H and Stephanie fuckery. It doesn't really matter how you frame it.

So who was the last non Triple H boy world champ we had?
Brock?

Oh and fuck hhh. He just does whatever he can to get himself over because he always thinks it's about him, just like him and his fucking kliq. Fuck them too!

Owens hasn't been in a 2 year long storyline with the authority.

And yeah, the Authority is awful. I wish HHH would stay away forever and they used anyone else to help Owens win. How's about Jericho? At least Owens has been having a storyline with Jericho.

Steph and Mick banned all partners and friends of the main event participants from ringside (essentially Jericho and Enzo).

Toki767

Which could work if it's an NXT angle. Maybe he won't like the direction of Steph's RAW.

I kind of doubt NXT will be involved in some way. Considering all the seasoned veterans they have in NXT though, they could easily use this as a way to just give a bunch of them more TV exposure while still keeping them on NXT though.

It still feels like a wait and see though. WWE have never had a problem starting an angle. They've only had problems getting from point A to point B.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Which could work if it's an NXT angle. Maybe he won't like the direction of Steph's RAW.

An NXT angle would go a long way toward answering all those "why the hell is ________ on NXT?!" questions, too.

Having said that, I'm very sure we're giving them way too much credit here. :D

It's still Triple H and Stephanie fuckery. It doesn't really matter how you frame it.

It absolutely matters how you frame it. How could you possibly say that? That's the whole entire point of wrestling. New stories with the same characters, and every so often new characters are added to the mix.

Top Bottom