• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

rrc1594

I totally forgot Raw was today and I've been binge watching the WWE network. Lol..

Who won the belt? How was Raw?

ARb61V6dHJT6f92YqOZzzEksX2dwAK0IdoktIQmiYOCWd1i-MVhVDZ8XB5quGhvcgtOaI9aXAGbBqWas0iEjwK_pbCnFsAQBvl4GUqC3YsrOCYlc9E0oa10dUw9V6J9KnGshkZFM_W9uIRJCvdbznm5KTkYY=s0-d-e1-ft

The whole problem with this is that there's no sign from how Owen's reacted in the match that this was some master plan that Owens and Triple H planned. This was Triple H crowning a king and Owens being the "lucky recpient."

Because a HHH-led WWE means that Paul is always on top. You guys hate Roman being on top for the next decade, ignoring the part where he was the best worker in this match and you'll never give him credit for it, get used to Triple H being in main event matches in WM until he's 'Taker-level of being unable to walk anymore.

The story of tonight isn't Owens getting his first title win - it's why did Triple H do it? Everything hot has to be about THE GAME! Classic Triple H political move.

I think Cena's facing Taker at Mania this year. Taker's last match.

Also, all the people who want Cena to turn heel are already watching.

ReiGun

Best thing about this whole situation will be Jericho pulling a Starscream and trying to get some free title shots and take credit for everything.

Also when they need Owens to get some actual heat and he kills The New Day or something.
If the New Day weren't fighting over testicles and the tag titles, you could use this to try and test one of them as a singles guy.

LOL. I bet he won't interrupt Roman's entrance again.
Shit is hilarious in hindsight. The way the story played out, it's like Roman didn't even want the US title. He just needed something to do until he could get back into the main event scene, so he decided to bully Rusev and Lana for a month. LOL

Toki767

The whole problem with this is that there's no sign from how Owen's reacted in the match that this was some master plan that Owens and Triple H planned. This was Triple H crowning a king and Owens being the "lucky recpient."

Because a HHH-led WWE means that Paul is always on top. You guys hate Roman being on top for the next decade, ignoring the part where he was the best worker in this match and you'll never give him credit for it, get used to Triple H being in main event matches in WM until he's 'Taker-level of being unable to walk anymore.

The story of tonight isn't Owens getting his first title win - it's why did Triple H do it? Everything hot has to be about THE GAME! Classic Triple H political move.

lol

You are right.

Pretty much, sadly and unfortunately

A horribly significant amount of the people who hated the shit HHH pulled 10+ years ago are now completely supportive of him doing the exact same shit because now it's benefiting the people they like, instead of just him

When the man stops deserving it, I'll start being mad.

Bow down to the fucking king. He made smarks hate his guts for life, and then got the keys to the kingdom so he could drip feed them their indie faves 4eva and make them dependent on him. Heel of the century.

See this guy gets it. Congratulations, Owens is the champion but no one cares. It's all about HHH.

orioto

Good Art™

Typical wrong reaction here...
I'm going to tell you how to see it with real life glasses:

There is a new story with tripleH ? It will help ratings maybe ? Who gives a shit... Its anecdotal at best. Kevin Owens is now a world champ, wich has consequences on his real life, on his credibility, on his wrestling curiculum, on the way writers will be able to book him in the future. Nobody will remember how it happened and what story will lead to what feud. Those things pass by, they repeat, etc... But Owens life as a wrestler changed tonight

Man God

Non-Canon Member
When the man stops deserving it, I'll start being mad.

Bow down to the fucking king. He made smarks hate his guts for life, and then got the keys to the kingdom so he could drip feed them their indie faves 4eva and make them dependent on him. Heel of the century.

The more I watch 1999 WWF the more it dawns on me how intentional the character choice is for HHH. They did too good of a job getting him over as an undeserving asshole who always wins even when he loses.

See this guy gets it. Congratulations, Owens is the champion but no one cares. It's all about HHH.

All kidding aside, I would like to point out that I care. This ending was perfect - Owens gets the belt (he's a cheating heel, he doesn't have to do it clean), nobody came out any weaker, and we have fresh feuds leading into the next few PPVs.

cordy

Banned
Styles/Cena 3 at Mania with Big Match John winning #16 seems like the lock of the century right now.

Nah I just don't see Styles and Owens both holding those belts until WM.

I see Ambrose/Cena at WM with Cena officially passing the "ok you're the real face of SD now" torch to him. Styles/Cena will probably happen at the Rumble since Cena returns early next year.

Toki767

That Heyman/Steph promo makes so much sense now in hindsight.

Steph can't control Brock, but Heyman will control Brock for Steph.

Steph clearly isn't in control of whatever Triple H does.
Until it's revealed that it was a swerve all along.

Of course the guys on the Internet care but the other fans don't.

You mean the fans that were cheering Owens at the arena chanting "You deserve it"?

Of course the guys on the Internet care but the other fans don't.

HHH is still very popular. He gets the biggest heel reactions at most shows he appears on.

Edit: Wrestling has ALWAYS been a "Fuck you, I got mine" business. I don't hold it against HHH that he was very, very good at politicking, especially since he always fucking brings it as a performer.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Nah I just don't see Styles and Owens both holding those belts until WM.

I see Ambrose/Cena at WM with Cena officially passing the "ok you're the real face of SD now" torch to him. Styles/Cena will probably happen at the Rumble since Cena returns early next year.

Owens isn't going to be champ for long. The odds of him being in the Raw main event for Mania instead of Reigns, Rollins, HHH, Balor, Lesnar are just about zero.

Styles? Smackdown is basically Dean, Styles and Cena at the top of the card and then a huge drop down to guys like Ziggler and Bray. Vince doesn't like face vs face feuds and Dean sure as hell isn't anyone to pass a torch to.

Top Bottom