• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Cagey

Banned
Fuck Cass. He hasn't brought anything to do the table yet.

In a four-way elimination, you don't need four established competitors. Cass was the dude getting a shot way early, so he was the underdog; he performed well, match made him look like he generally belonged in a ring with the other three. He put in some work and looked good and exited stage left, so credit to the booking there.

Lothar

Banned
Wrestling ratings declined over time because the industry, itself, became more and more niche after the collapse of WCW. The idea that HHH, and not the end of the #2 company, the departure of the biggest stars the industry had ever seen, and the increase in alternative entertainment options in the past decade, is responsible for the ratings decline is fucking ludicrous. If anything, HHH, big star that he is, probably prevented the decline from being even worse by being a connection to the attitude era.

It's all related. Because WCW collapsed, WWE thought they could get away with half-assing major storylines like the Invasion. They thought they could get away with having HHH on top for years burying guys that could have been huge stars and putting the crowds to sleep with long 20 minute boring promos every week. Anyone who doesn't think he was a big factor in the decline is crazy. You ask most people why they quit watching in 2002-2004, I bet they would say HHH. Almost no one liked those 20 minute speeches every week. Almost no one liked the predictability of HHH matches and HHH always being on top. Almost everyone was annoyed at HHH beating Booker T at WM in a racist storyline. Stars leaving was a bigger deal because they didn't make the stars to replace them. Instead HHH would always destroy people that were on the verge of becoming main eventers which would send them to the mid card right afterwards. It took years for Jericho's career to recover after his 2002 feud with HHH.

Sass✅
tumblr_oa6qjtzHSC1uta6xoo4_r1_250.gif

He meant universal as in one size fits all. The strap is for his arm sling.
Fuck Cass. He hasn't brought anything to do the table yet.
Damn breh.

Xion385

Now I want a WWE 24 special with Sami and Owens hugging and crying in the backstage. Sami's probably the first one to greet Kevin when he got backstage.

cordy

Banned
Cena is a part timer for now and Orton wants to be one as well. I'm not saying Styles is the guy but he has a hell of a lot better chance at being the guy on Smackdown than Owens has on Raw. Hell, Styles would be Universal Champion right now if Reigns didn't get suspended and cause a huge pile of dominos to begin falling.

It's possible, we'll see.

Either way I'm glad the company is giving the belt to newer guys. This was needed.

cordy

Banned
LMAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV8-HZUdTOY

Looks like Enzo and Cass will break up sooner than expected. Cass did too good in the eyes of officials. Enzo acting like a bitch here. He's all happy when Cass is doing well saying "that's my dog" but when Cass gets hurt he's like "the fuck you doing why you let that happen" lmao.

And you probably can't teach that, but you most definitely can find a replacement who is too.

He needs character. Desperately. If he can show himself and get people to rally behind him, then yeah. Dude takes himself way too seriously though.

He doesn't even have a good look. He looks like a goober with shitty 80s rock band hair.

Seth buckle bombing HHH is going to be an amazing dilemma this thread's going to have

Unwillingness to ever admit Seth could do wrong vs him having just crippled the only thing helping their favs achieve success

KingBroly

Banned
LMAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV8-HZUdTOY

Looks like Enzo and Cass will break up sooner than expected. Cass did too good in the eyes of officials. Enzo acting like a bitch here. He's all happy when Cass is doing well saying "that's my dog" but when Cass gets hurt he's like "the fuck you doing why you let that happen" lmao.

Nah, that's just tough love. Loves him like a brother, hates him like a mother. Or whatever.

It's going to be awesome in 2 weeks when the 2 Top Guys in the company are Kevin Steen and AJ Styles.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
this tweet from owens before the show, so damn good

Kevin Owens ‏@FightOwensFight 11h11 hours ago
Tonight I teach a 7-foot tall monster that height is irrelevant. I show an architect that his vision is all wrong. I destroy an empire. #RAW

[glances at Twitter, sees KO is new champ. Immediately finds youtube highlights].

Oh... so it's all about-uh the Game-uh. And how you play it-uh. Ffs.

HHH could have screwed Rollins, and KO could have taken out Reigns clean at least. But nope, HHH gonna HHH and jobbed out two of the Shield. Right....

Glad KO got the big one, hopefully Jericho sticks around as well.

And you probably can't teach that, but you most definitely can find a replacement who is too.

He needs character. Desperately. If he can show himself and get people to rally behind him, then yeah. Dude takes himself way too seriously though.
Thought you were talking about Cesaro for a good few minutes here.

Hasney

100%, someone took her voice, handed her a script and ordered her to read it verbatim. That promo she cut after her championship win was a low for her career.

That's what happens when you get called up, bay-bay. If you can cut a promo, they just let you do it in NXT. Then the big leagues hand you a script and the thread turns on them.

Top Bottom