• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Why would they

Again, his actions are benefiting their favs now. Nothing else matters, all is forgiven
But you see The Authority was Triple H and Steph...and now it's Steph and Mick with Triple H being involved, but not an actual member. THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!!! Triple H literally won that belt for Owens.

I can only hope it's a work friends.
Lol, you're the only person talking about Cesaro. Sad.

So we get to blame Trips for low ratings?

Win.

Smackdown remains the A show?

Win.

It's lit.
Pretty much mate.
That Heyman/Steph promo makes so much sense now in hindsight.

Steph can't control Brock, but Heyman will control Brock for Steph.

Steph clearly isn't in control of whatever Triple H does.
Until it's revealed that it was a swerve all along.

You mean the fans that were cheering Owens at the arena chanting "You deserve it"?
See bottom post.
HHH is still very popular. He gets the biggest heel reactions at most shows he appears on.
Still popular but one of the reasons why ratings just declined over time.

You mean the fans chanting "you derserve it" as Raw goes off the air?
Go to any other city and see if they care.

Everyone is on the internet;)
Not everyone is in the know as we are.

Wrestling ratings declined over time because the industry, itself, became more and more niche after the collapse of WCW. The idea that HHH, and not the end of the #2 company, the departure of the biggest stars the industry had ever seen, and the increase in alternative entertainment options in the past decade, is responsible for the ratings decline is fucking ludicrous. If anything, HHH, big star that he is, probably prevented the decline from being even worse by being a connection to the attitude era.

Fox318

Lol, you're the only person talking about Cesaro. Sad.
I am who I am

tumblr_nxxw4sN3Pj1srbyoyo1_400.gif

cordy

Banned
Owens isn't going to be champ for long. The odds of him being in the Raw main event for Mania instead of Reigns, Rollins, HHH, Balor, Lesnar are just about zero.

Styles? Smackdown is basically Dean, Styles and Cena at the top of the card and then a huge drop down to guys like Ziggler and Bray. Vince doesn't like face vs face feuds and Dean sure as hell isn't anyone to pass a torch to.

Yeah but Styles isn't going to have a long reign with Cena coming back the beginning of next year and with Ambrose and Orton on the roster too. Whether people think Ambrose isn't good enough for a torch or not, Ambrose is the lead face on SD right now and he's kayfabe the best guy on the brand. I mean the guy went over Rollins and Reigns clean. If we go by reports, they said Cena's going to resume the Styles feud whenever he returns and apparently some time when Ambrose/Cena had their little clash, they said they were holding off the Ambrose/Cena feud until later.

Common sense just says that we're going to see an Ambrose/Cena feud sooner than later given the type of roster this is. I think everyone agrees that Cena's getting his 16th from Styles but at that point it's a matter of who he drops it to. Ambrose is probably going to be that guy because, like you said, the roster is small. I think the issue is that people love Styles so much they think he's going to have a long heel reign when really, when you look at it, that's not going to happen with guys like Ambrose, Orton and Cena on the roster.

I'm just not seeing Styles having a really long heel reign at all. Just can't see it with guys like Ambrose, Cena and Orton.

God, I am so fucking sick of Cesaro. The dude is pathologically incapable of building an emotionally satisfying wrestling storyline. It's not just his lack of mic skills, it's his body language and overall demeanor.

Wrestling ratings declined over time because the industry, itself, became more and more niche after the collapse of WCW. The idea that HHH, and not the end of the #2 company, the departure of the biggest stars the industry had ever seen, and the increase in alternative entertainment options in the past decade, is responsible for the ratings decline is fucking ludicrous. If anything, HHH, big star that he is, probably prevented the decline from being even worse by being a connection to the attitude era.

Triple H was the #1 guy during the period that ratings and house show attendance actually started to plunge from '02-'04. It was only the rise of Cena and Batista in the 2005-2007 time period that actually reignited house show attendance and kept ratings from falling even further.

Fox318

How many Kevin Nash are currently on raw?

Cass = Vinny Vegas
Reigns = Diesel
And The club are pre and post wolfpac nash

http://411mania.com/wrestling/pat-patterson-resigns-from-wwe-over-triple-h-controversy/

Triple H was the #1 guy during the period that ratings and house show attendance actually started to plunge from '02-'04. It was only the rise of Cena and Batista in the 2005-2007 time period that actually reignited house show attendance and kept ratings from falling even further.

Pinning that on him, and not on Foley retiring, Austin receding into a smaller and smaller role, and the Rock mostly leaving to do Hollywood shit seems ridiculous to me. The guys wrestling fans liked most had left, and the guys the new generation of fans were going to light on hadn't arrived yet. Of course shit was going to recede.

HHH is not as big of a draw as Austin/Rock or Cena/Batista, but I never claimed he was. The claim was that he was majorly responsible for wrestling's decline in popularity since the Attitude Era, which is just not true.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Face Rollins should just use the Phoenix Splash.

Phoenix Splash is too rough on the knees according to Rollins. I think he should just go with God's Last Gift since he apparently got the ok for it at Summerslam.

Or just give him the Curb Stomp back since it's an ultra safe move that couldn't possibly hurt anyone.

cordy

Banned
Rollins will probably switch over to God's Last Gift or something but the issue with that is that he can't do it to mega-huge dudes. I guess he'll use that jumping knee to the side of the head as an alternate. The Phoenix Splash is great too.

But yeah he's gotta switch up the Pedigree. I mean, even coming back from injury that was a bad move for the knees. Not sure how the fuck HHH kept using it all these years.

Pinning that on him, and not on Foley retiring, Austin receding into a smaller and smaller role, and the Rock mostly leaving to do Hollywood shit seems ridiculous to me. The guys wrestling fans liked most had left, and the guys the new generation of fans were going to light on hadn't arrived yet. Of course shit was going to recede.

HHH is not as big of a draw as Austin/Rock or Cena/Batista, but I never claimed he was. The claim was that he was majorly responsible for wrestling's decline in popularity since the Attitude Era, which is just not true.

So the guy pushed as the #1 top guy of a show isn't responsible for the ratings dropping? Oh, I'll let Roman know that. Seems the Internet had a different thought on that a few months ago.

But more seriously, Paul isn't responsible totally, but hey, maybe not burying every possible top star from the day you got the title for the 1st time until you retired (including starting the whole "Cena can't wrestle" BS in the run up to WM) would've meant that there wouldn't have been such a horrible drop off until Cena and Batista saved his and Vince's ass.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Yeah but Styles isn't going to have a long reign with Cena coming back the beginning of next year and with Ambrose and Orton on the roster too. Whether people think Ambrose isn't good enough for a torch or not, Ambrose is the lead face on SD right now and he's kayfabe the best guy on the brand. I mean the guy went over Rollins and Reigns clean. If we go by reports, they said Cena's going to resume the Styles feud whenever he returns and apparently some time when Ambrose/Cena had their little clash, they said they were holding off the Ambrose/Cena feud until later.

Common sense just says that we're going to see an Ambrose/Cena feud sooner than later given the type of roster this is. I think everyone agrees that Cena's getting his 16th from Styles but at that point it's a matter of who he drops it to. Ambrose is probably going to be that guy because, like you said, the roster is small. I think the issue is that people love Styles so much they think he's going to have a long heel reign when really, when you look at it, that's not going to happen with guys like Ambrose, Orton and Cena on the roster.

I'm just not seeing Styles having a really long heel reign at all. Just can't see it with guys like Ambrose, Cena and Orton.

Cena is a part timer for now and Orton wants to be one as well. I'm not saying Styles is the guy but he has a hell of a lot better chance at being the guy on Smackdown than Owens has on Raw. Hell, Styles would be Universal Champion right now if Reigns didn't get suspended and cause a huge pile of dominos to begin falling.

Top Bottom