• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Why is Sunflower backing out of his yearlong avatar bet?

full

Snitchin' aint easy.

Wagram

Russo is one of the most creative minds wrestling has ever had. Still has great ideas if you listen to his podcast.

But he has to have a filter, he can't be in control of the book as his lack of patience and logic get the best of him. As a part of a 2-4 man booking team he is extremely capable and valuable. Problem is that WCW and TNA gave him full control and that is not his gifting at all.

Russo definitely came up with some fantastic ideas, but these days the dude seems bitter. He constantly complains that story is priority number one, but even when they do it he still complains. He was pissed Owens won last night, but he would have complained either way.

There's no satisfying the completely bitter.

klonere

Banned
Russo definitely came up with some fantastic ideas, but these days the dude seems bitter. He constantly complains that story is priority number one, but even when they do it he still complains. He was pissed Owens won last night, but he would have complained either way.

There's no satisfying the completely bitter.

Russo doesn't actually give a fuck. He's out there to work a few people to pay for his podcasts and general guff. So he'll just say whatever might get him a few people on Twitter or Reddit going "Can you BELIEVE what Russo just said??!?!??!?!".

He's an uber tier carny trying to pay his bills with the only talent he has, bad bullshit production.

Had no idea HBK was suspended for 2 months for his line about Sunny and Bret back in the day. Seems excessive. Did Bret and Shawn have the most legit heat between two stars ever?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is this an actual mod-sanctioned ban bet? I was under the impression my tangle with God's Beard put an end to that.
This is not mod sanctioned, but I will follow through and request a year off, like a good loser.

Now, regarding Landis? That "bet" was a work. I just love Max Landis that much and didn't want to admit it.

Lothar

Banned
Russo definitely came up with some fantastic ideas, but these days the dude seems bitter. He constantly complains that story is priority number one, but even when they do it he still complains.

When do they do it? It's been years since there was a good story.

Recall

Had no idea HBK was suspended for 2 months for his line about Sunny and Bret back in the day. Seems excessive. Did Bret and Shawn have the most legit heat between two stars ever?

Do you have the network?

Watch the Bret vs Shawn rivalry documentary, that's a sit down interview with JR. It's cool how deep it all went.

cordy

Banned
Ambrose is out here winning your titles and pinning your favorites.

Styles, whachugonnado brother when Deano hits that Dirty Deeds on you at Backlash to extend the feud!!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Punk is DOA in UFC, but I love a good bet, just for fun.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just keep in mind Big Dave Bateaster is undefeated in MMA.

Fantomex

Shows -> Originals -> Beyond the Ring -> Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart

Shawn was an absolute jerk and selfish, but he never denied being a horrible person, Bret was the same, but always considered himself to be perfect and right about everything. That's the thing that was so fascinating.they were alike in so many ways. In the end, when Shawn was considered the GOAT, it made him bitter.

kiguel182

New Day
The Club
Enzo/Cass
American Alpha
The Dudleys
Breezango
Vaudevillains
Shining Stars
Ascension
Hype Bros

All together this is a fairly solid tag division in my opinion. But splitting this up is a horrible idea.

The same way Raw has the cruiserweights Smackdown could have the tag teams.

Shows -> Originals -> Beyond the Ring -> Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart

Thanks, this feud was really something. Both came off as complete asses from Shawn just being a douche to Brett being overly paranoid and a perfectionist. Went as far to say HHH and HBK had sexual encounters, right? To this day, Brett comes off as bitter but at least HBK seems to have mellowed out.

Sephzilla

The Bret/Shawn rivalry in hindsight is really fascinating because I think heat between the two could have been squashed if one or two things happened.

1) Bret simply gave Shawn some of the recognition he deserved.

2) Shawn stopped being a drugged up PR disaster waiting to happen

It's amazing how quickly Dean Ambrose turned into a guy doing a parody of Dean Ambrose.

#AustinWasRight

Top Bottom