• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Last night my buddy texted me who I thought was going to win and on a hunch, I totally changed my stance. I told him Owens would win because someone is going to screw Seth so he can turn face since Balor will be out for months. Man, I wish I posted it here.

really happened.

dana08a4p.gif
She's missing the chainmail hood.

somedevil

Russo is one of the most creative minds wrestling has ever had. Still has great ideas if you listen to his podcast.

But he has to have a filter, he can't be in control of the book as his lack of patience and logic get the best of him. As a part of a 2-4 man booking team he is extremely capable and valuable. Problem is that WCW and TNA gave him full control and that is not his gifting at all.

Yep he needs a filter. Also, he got to obsessed with the idea the internet is ruining the believe ability in wrestling.

So he created his worse idea on wrestling of this shoot style where only people on internet knew what he was talking about, calling people their real names and saying I am going to go off script for a moment.

That idea done right was the Miz and Bryan segment. Not a match where the wrestlers were talking about not doing the planned finish.

Recall

Russo is one of the most creative minds wrestling has ever had. Still has great ideas if you listen to his podcast.

But he has to have a filter, he can't be in control of the book as his lack of patience and logic get the best of him. As a part of a 2-4 man booking team he is extremely capable and valuable. Problem is that WCW and TNA gave him full control and that is not his gifting at all.

Honestly list be 5 PPVs in the hundreds there are and say, yep Russo sure made it a worth while or interesting show?

He did well for WWE mid card talent in 98 but it doesn't forgive how much he ruined.

jmdajr

Ah wrasslin from the nosebleeds, best way to experience WWE Live.

Camera lens makes it seem worse. It doesn't look like that in person. Plus, floor seats are shit, I rather be up there.

It was also 78 bucks for a ticket!

Luckily totally worth it!

Both are full of shit, at least Hogan was a draw.

Here is the full Cornette statement

“Well, first off, it doesn’t matter to me personally because unless Owens is wrestling The Revival sometime soon, I’m not going to see his matches as I don’t watch Raw, but I am thrilled for him and his fans and anyone who enjoys his work in the ring. The one thing I will admit that I was wrong on with both Owens and El Generico/Sami Zayn is that I never thought they would change, but they did and for the better – they just weren’t going to change for what they were being paid by Ring of Honor! [Laughs] I’ve had a lot of people go after me on Twitter today but the reality is that we put the belt on Kevin Steen for a year in Ring of Honor and there was a reason for that. But, he’s won a title I don’t care about on a show I don’t watch, so it doesn’t effect me personally, but I am happy for him, his fans, his family and anyone that wants to see him succeed.”

So big Dave says Del Rio has been pulled from all future shows.

Also remember that Del Rio had a out clause in his newest contact that's let's him walk.

Anybody care?

I can't even remember what he was doing pre suspension

Edit Oh. Beaten like Cesaro

Striker

are those stockings

edit: Alberto gone is good, they only hired him to get him away from Lucha and others. He gave no fucks when they showed no interest in giving any proper direction or focus. And he did make good money for basically doing nothing; I envy him.

Kaladin

Choke on this for a second....

Yeah, Kevin Owens is the champion of WWE's flagship TV show and is holding one of their major titles.

However....this is a title with zero history, zero meaning behind it beyond the present. It's not even a World Heavyweight Championship, it's a Universal Championship because "Ha ha, the universe is bigger than the world!"

A year or two from now the Universal Championship could be the biggest joke this side of the XFL.

Or they could capitalize on the fact that they have Kevin Owens on top of a great main event scene on Raw and make the belt mean something.

WWE just has a bad history with follow ups and making belts mean something.

I'm curious about where they go with the belt on Raw, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Fox318

somebody wil have to explain to me what the thinking is in ROH of having a PPV before 2 days of WWE wrestling and a major UFC PPV.

They could have had something this weekend.

BFIB

Yeah, Kevin Owens is the champion of WWE's flagship TV show and is holding one of their major titles.

However....this is a title with zero history, zero meaning behind it beyond the present. It's not even a World Heavyweight Championship, it's a Universal Championship because "Ha ha, the universe is bigger than the world!"

A year or two from now the Universal Championship could be the biggest joke this side of the XFL.

Or they could capitalize on the fact that they have Kevin Owens on top of a great main event scene on Raw and make the belt mean something.

I'm curious about where they go with the belt on Raw, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

He better carry it to WM.

Sephzilla

Owens winning a World Title with zero history does take away from it a little bit. This is why he needs an extended reign and needs to beat a couple of credible opponents during it. If he gets Seth Rollins booking the Universal Title will be a dead weight title.

orioto

Good Art™

I'm not that much worried about all those things, and the tripleH story etc...

I'll be really pissed if this is a case of "once he has the belt as a heel, he wrestles like a piece of shit". Like, he doesn't do half of what he did before and use heel tactics all the time.

I really hope not, but what worries me is that he's already been more on the cheap heel side since he was with Jericho. he needed interference to beat Neville, then interference to win the belt.. So they may going for the whole "KO is really super weak and lame in the ring" thing... i damn hope not!

Of course they would do that to stop Owens from being over, if they want a real 100% heel, which is the worst thing they do honestly. Taking what's awesome in their product and killing it to have heat..

Heroman

Banned

It all depend on can they book KO as strong heel champ and give great opponents. Hopely HHH role on this will be very litte.

THE DEMON KING KANE

Na that fuckboi is for AJ. Vince told Kane he is going to squash that twirp
Why not both? Brand uniter Kane has a good ring to it.
Of course it would also be nice to see him back on tv as well.

Eat shit, Landis. I'll be gone soon anyway, let me have this moment.
???

Bye Del Rio. No longer advertised for any events even after his suspension's over. 99.9% chance he used that opt out clause

And thus another uneventful ADR run comes to an end, his WWE legacy is truly that of a turd repeatedly being thrown at a wall and failing to stick.

I feel where you're coming from. The belt doesn't really carry weight right now. The WWE title is still the main title to me and a title that will never fade away. I think HHH has a lot of pull now. Owens is one of his guys and he's the top heel now so I think he's a top fixture right now and will have a long reign. I am afraid that he got over too much himself and WWE usually fucks over the guys who get over on their own more so than the bookings.

Toki767

I'm kind of hoping that the Universal title being red means that it will actually stay on Raw and that they won't just end up switching the main brand titles next year.

Kaladin

Owens winning a World Title with zero history does take away from it a little bit. This is why he needs an extended reign and needs to beat a couple of credible opponents during it. If he gets Seth Rollins booking the Universal Title will be a dead weight title.

Pretty much. They need to make Owens the star and give him the ball. The guy can certainly take it and run. I have a feeling Owens will make the most of what they give him and if that is the case, we're in for a wild run the next few months.

Top Bottom