• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Recall

Shawn was an absolute jerk and selfish, but he never denied being a horrible person, Bret was the same, but he has always considered himself to be perfect and right about everything. That's the thing that was so fascinating. Andar the end, when Shawn was considered the GOAT, it made him bitter.

I'm a huge Bret Hart fan. He was outstanding in the ring, genuinely incredible. He knew everything that made wrestling amazing. Yes at times he is full of himself but he always performed unlike any other.

A self obsessed perfectionist vs a drug fuelled ego driven dickhead - it makes for a compelling story.

And to quote Punk from his Colt podcast, "there is nothing wrong with being bitter". And I agree, it just takes time to know how to deal with those feelings.

Zach

So Charlotte attacks and handcuffs Vince Russo at The Great American Bash 2000. Who knew?

suckit.gif

Striker

Shawn was an absolute jerk and selfish, but he never denied being a horrible person, Bret was the same, but always considered himself to be perfect and right about everything. That's the thing that was so fascinating.they were alike in so many ways. In the end, when Shawn was considered the GOAT, it made him bitter.
The roster in 1995-1996 hated Shawn, not Bret, for good reason. Yokozuna and 'Taker had their own crew to counter the Kliq and their backstage politics, for good reason.

That isn't even getting into the later stuff, like pissing off The Rock and ensuring they never work together.

Sephzilla

The roster in 1995-1996 hated Shawn, not Bret, for good reason. Yokozuna and 'Taker had their own crew to counter the Kliq and their backstage politics, for good reason.

Shawn must have been deep in Vince's ear because looking back I have no idea how Shawn managed to keep his job

Recall

In regards to Shawn being a Mr. Difficult why the hell did he throw a tantrum and refuse to lose to Davey Boy at the UK One Night Only PPV?

The euro belt existed for Davey, he even promised a victory to a dying person, only for Shawn to change it all at the last minute. Only to then throw it away.

Royal Rumble 98 felt like karma catching up with Shawn.

Lothar

Banned
Everyone should rewatch that moment when Bret made up with Shawn in the ring. Shawn said "I always respected you. I just didn't feel like you respected me." That explains a lot about their rivalry.

cordy

Banned
Only thing that Rivals documentary with Shawn and Bret taught me is that Bret's perfected dark humor. He was talking about parachuting in on Titan Towers and lighting them up, he was being all dark while smiling in general.

Since then I've noticed Bret always brings out a gun reference. Funny considering Shawn's the hunter of the two.

Only thing that Rivals documentary with Shawn and Bret taught me is that Bret's perfected dark humor. He was talking about parachuting in on Titan Towers and lighting them up, he was being all dark while smiling in general.

Since then I've noticed Bret always brings out a gun reference. Funny considering Shawn's the hunter of the two.

Bret grew up in the dungeon. He's a shooter.

Fantomex

I'm a huge Bret Hart fan. He was outstanding in the ring, genuinely incredible. He knew everything that made wrestling amazing. Yes at times he is full of himself but he always performed unlike any other.

A self obsessed perfectionist vs a drug fuelled ego driven dickhead - it makes for a compelling story.

And to quote Punk from his Colt podcast, "there is nothing wrong with being bitter". And I agree, it just takes time to know how to deal with those feelings.

ask alcoholics and users at the rehabilitation center what bitterness can do to a person. It is absolutely destructive. It eats at people day after day until your dead. punk still hasn't dealt with his parents or his family that's why he relates, but any counselor or therapist worth his salt will tell you it's one of the worst things an adult can brush off. Bitterness doesn't help the person or the people he's bitter at.

Bret was my favorite wrestler, then I grew up and realized, we are all pretty crappy individuals. The thing that helped me see through the facade was realizing just how full of himself he ALSO was. He was just like the CLIQ. Deciding who he wanted to lose against, what city, what time and who OWED him credit and reverence. He's the Al Gore of WWE, he invented every great concept but Vince stole.

I mean think about it, this dude took like 20 years to admit he cheated on his wife. I was 13 when I saw Beyond The Mat and even I could tell he was banging Sunny

In regards to Shawn being a Mr. Difficult why the hell did he throw a tantrum and refuse to lose to Davey Boy at the UK One Night Only PPV?

The euro belt existed for Davey, he even promised a victory to a dying person, only for Shawn to change it all at the last minute. Only to then throw it away.

Royal Rumble 98 felt like karma catching up with Shawn.
I don't remember their being a tantrum but Shawn said it would make him an uber heel if he were to go into Davey's home town and defeat him. Davey was supposed to win the title back but you know after Montreal the rest was history.

Iceman829

So with KO getting the strap does this mean White Ranger Seth will return to us and switch his finisher to the Falcon Arrow or something?

Lothar

Banned
Look at how real this on camera feud was between Bret and Shawn.
http://youtu.be/XEOfcwy7f8s

Bret: I don't like him. I don't trust him and I don't believe him. I don't believe in anything about the guy. He's a phony piece of shit.
Shawn: I don't obsess like you do. I do this because I like it. You do it because in your mind, mark man, you really think all of this is yours!

Shawn calling Bret a mark on TV, lol. Before the Montreal Screwjob even where he really proved himself a mark.

Look at how real this on camera feud was between Bret and Shawn.
http://youtu.be/XEOfcwy7f8s

Bret: I don't like him. I don't trust him and I don't believe him. I don't believe in anything about the guy. He's a phony piece of shit.
Shawn: I don't obsess like you do. I do this because I like it. You do it because in your mind, mark man, you really think all of this is yours!

Shawn calling Bret a mark on TV, lol. Before the Montreal Screwjob even where he really proved himself a mark.
Little did Shawn know, his best friend would become a mark man too.

Kaladin

Fact :

Kevin Owens is the 4th former Ring of Honor World Heavyweight Champion to hold one of the top titles in WWE. The other three are CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and Seth Rollins.

He is the 5th if you count the NXT belt and that would add Samoa Joe to the list.

Recall

Fact :

Kevin Owens is the 4th former Ring of Honor World Heavyweight Champion to hold one of the top titles in WWE. The other three are CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and Seth Rollins.

He is the 5th if you count the NXT belt and that would add Samoa Joe to the list.

There may be hope yet for Austin Aries

Top Bottom