• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Sephzilla

Is it just me, or does Titus O'neil lack the charisma of a door stop? This guy makes Ahmed Johnson look entertaining.

Titus is a good person but eesh... these last few weeks have been absolutely brutal. Dude should probably start planning his next career because I don't think he's sticking around much longer.

Lothar

Banned
Watched the documentary with Bret and HBK. What a weird situation. Bret was immature to get so worked up about Shawn saying he wouldn't put him over, given the chance, even if Bret tried to reconcile one last time. To Bret's defense, though, he did throw some decent solutions to relinquishing the belt but Vince had to be stubborn.

I don't think there were any decent solutions. They needed to have the belt for Shawn so he could be a foil against Austin for WM. You can't just randomly give the belt to someone new like Mankind or Shamrock without any build up or storyline. I mean you can do that now. They did that with Owens last night. But the shows were written better back then.

Kaladin

Titus's stuff in NXT wasn't as terrible as he is now. Now he just looks awkward and big and resembles a fish out of water in the ring.

Sephzilla

I don't think there were any decent solutions. They needed to have the belt for Shawn so he could be a foil against Austin for WM. You can't just randomly give the belt to someone new like Mankind or Shamrock without any build up or storyline. I mean you can do that now. They did that with Owens last night. But the shows were written better back then.

Strip Bret of the title and then have a tournament to crown a new one?

Or the better solution -
Ship HBK to WCW instead of Bret

Didn't Bret say he was willing to drop the belt to Shawn on RAW in Ottawa the next night? I might have that wrong - was Bret entirely against dropping the belt to Shawn or just against Montreal?

Also, what about a battle royal for the title on RAW. Have Hart walk in with the title and say he's done everything he can in WWF and he's ready to move on. It could have been a good moment for Vince and Bret.

Sephzilla

Didn't Bret say he was willing to drop the belt to Shawn on RAW in Ottawa the next night? I might have that wrong - was Bret entirely against dropping the belt to Shawn or just against Montreal?

Also, what about a battle royal for the title on RAW. Have Hart walk in with the title and say he's done everything he can in WWF and he's ready to move on. It could have been a good moment for Vince and Bret.

My memory is fuzzy but I think he was just against dropping the belt in Montreal specifically to Shawn. I remember him saying he would have dropped it anywhere else. But regardless, Bret was supposed to have creative say in the decision per his contract and McMahon basically violated the deal.

Pikma

Banned

none of that is carny enough tho

Bret said he was willing to job the title to anyone else the next night on Raw, and was willing to job to Shawn in the US. But not to Shawn in Canada.

Tagyhag

That would look real bad for WWF as Bret walked in to WCW.

Like he was going from the minor to the big leagues.

At least with the screwjob we got Mr. Mcmahon out of it. whose angle with Austin potentially saved them.

Toki767

He said he would have dropped the belt to anyone in Canada except for Shawn.

I think he also said that if they wanted him to drop it to Shawn, he was willing to do it the Monday before when they weren't in Canada.

I remember him even changing his stance on not losing at all in Canada. He flipped flopped too damn much.

Skatterd

Wonder who Bryan is going to have go after the Miz.

Please no more Apollo Crews.

DQjeM.gif

Lothar

Banned
Strip Bret of the title and then have a tournament to crown a new one?

Or the better solution -
Ship HBK to WCW instead of Bret

So let their world champion go undefeated to their competition. Yeah, they could have done that if they were insane. That's the worst craziest possible option.

Sephzilla

So let their world champion go undefeated to their competition. Yeah, they could have done that if they were insane. That's the worst craziest possible option.

Bret didn't really want to leave in the first place, Vince was the one who pushed for him to leave because Vince was telling Bret he couldn't afford him any more (which was a lie).

Vince didn't seem that worried about Bret leaving for WCW (both of them basically knew WCW wouldn't know how to book Bret). He was mostly worried about Bret taking the WWF belt with him - which is hilarious considering Bret's respect for the business and Vince had no problem with Flair trotting the Big Gold Belt on WWF TV a few years prior

Aiii

So not worth it
I was thinking they could do an empty arena Miz verse Bryan match and use a stunt double and some CGI. It will cost them some money, but in this day and age TV budget CGI is perfectly up to the task. All they need is an indie wrestler that can adequately copy Bryan's wrestling style.

Alucard

Banned
Nice to see Raw with a good rating. Hope the Owens era delivers. Give him a 30-month run.

Curious to see if Smackdown can maintain the quality from last week. Hope we get more AJ!

Alucard

Banned
I was thinking they could do an empty arena Miz verse Bryan match and use a stunt double and some CGI. It will cost them some money, but in this day and age TV budget CGI is perfectly up to the task. All they need is an indie wrestler that can adequately copy Bryan's wrestling style.

Yeah...YEAH!

Skatterd

This is a level of dumb I can get behind.

Toki767

The Final Deletion...part 3.

Fox318

PAFHPYX.jpg

That would look real bad for WWF as Bret walked in to WCW.

Like he was going from the minor to the big leagues.

At least with the screwjob we got Mr. Mcmahon out of it. whose angle with Austin potentially saved them.

Yeah, good point. I guess that situation was fucked, regardless.

Sephzilla

Lped6Ia.gif

Bryan says he's been cleared for one night only, destroys Miz in his suit without taking any bumps, wins the title, and vacates it for a tournament

Or we cut to backstage and see him sobbing into a tub of ice cream as Apollo Crews walks past with a smile as he prepares to take on The Miz

One of the two

Heroman

Banned
That the carburetor thing I have ever heard.

Alucard

Banned
It's only a one-week span, but I actually feel some sense of hope and excitement for the WWE right now. Haven't felt it since the Brock vs. Taker pull-apart brawl.

Best case scenario: D.Brine/Miz sparks up a hot angle like Triple H did last night

Worst case scenario: D.Brine/Miz in a segment that rivals last night's Heyman/Steph segment for who can spin their wheels the longest

It's only a one-week span, but I actually feel some sense of hope and excitement for the WWE right now. Haven't felt it since the Brock vs. Taker pull-apart brawl.

We need this to come full-circle with Styles taking the title. I won't stop being sour until that dude has the WWE title. I liked Ambrose but his ring work is suffering right now and Styles has been on fire since the day after Wrestlemania.

Sephzilla

We need this to come full-circle with Styles taking the title. I won't stop being sour until that dude has the WWE title. I liked Ambrose but his ring work is suffering right now and Styles has been on fire since the day after Wrestlemania.

SummerSlam's Ambrose/Ziggler match made me bail on the Ambrose train fucking hard. Ambrose is totally resting on his laurels and getting lazy. Austin was incredibly right to call him out.

My fear is that they don't want two heel champs. Hell, except for the RAW tag titles everyone holding a title is a heel.

I'm still not convinced that Raw wasn't KO and HHH turning face

Top Bottom