• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Zach

So every once in a while I'll remember I have this here The Death of WCW book, and so from time to time I'll catch up to where I am in my chronological viewings, right? I've noticed there are a few stretchings (get it?) of the truth here and there, but whatever, it's still a fun read. Anyway! Here's an excerpt of a Thunder segment I'm sad to have missed:

[Norman Smiley and Ralphus] came upon a backyard wrestling group . . . Norman gave the kids a stern lecture, saying they shouldn't be doing pro wrestling in their backyard because it was dangerous. He offered to show them some amateur moves but then shot on the group's champion and pinned him to win his belt.

:D

jmdajr

Remember who the REAL Universal Champion is.

Me.

11265015_10103171319187823_5256564679554720272_n.jpg

Oh wow!

I have that same Mickey Mouse shirt!!!!!!!

So every once in a while I'll remember I have this here The Death of WCW book, and so from time to time I'll catch up to where I am in my chronological viewings, right? I've noticed there are a few stretchings (get it?) of the truth here and there, but whatever, it's still a fun read. Anyway! Here's an excerpt of a Thunder segment I'm sad to have missed:

Hardcore Legend

Fox318

we need more of this today.

Send some people to chikara and pin quack

cordy

Banned
IrM2TlJ.png

On the real, I can't wait until Ambrose beats Styles at Backlash, loses the belt at No Mercy through bs, loses the rematch through bs and then Styles loses the belt to Cena at the Rumble. I love knowing that online fans are upset with Ambrose, it's just funny. Most people think Owens or Styles are going to have long heel reigns lasting into WM without understanding they won't do that because they're both heel champs. Chances are, if both are heel champions, one's losing the belt in a few months. Y'all know for a fact that they aren't gonna give Styles a long run because he's the best wrestler in the company. They don't think like that. He's just gonna hold that belt until Cena comes back and then Cena will give it back to Ambrose in that Cena/Ambrose feud they teased some years ago. Styles ain't gonna duck Cena until WM no matter what fans want. Cena's not gonna be gone that long. Hell, we'll probably see a Styles/Orton/Ambrose match at the February ppv to see who faces Cena (Ambrose wins) and then that sets up Styles/Orton since Orton's said he wants to work with Styles but all of a sudden he's working with Wyatt now.

Ambrose is gonna be here pinning your favorites, holding your belts and being so wacky and it's going to be entertainment for us all. You can't stop him!

ZH0LB18.gif

The Headbangers x A Corbin match.

I've loved Smackdown but...they lost this week.
Only good thing for Raw was the Bayley and New Day stuff plus the main event. Everything else was hot garbage. I think Smackdown has a decent enough chance of doing good. Mostly it depends on how they handle the Miz vs Daniel Bryan verbal feud.

ReiGun

They really want to make Corbin a thing and I've no idea why. One week, JBL said of Corbin "That's a future WWE Champion right there!" and all I could think was "Bitch, where?"

They really want to make Corbin a thing and I've no idea why. One week, JBL said of Corbin "That's a future WWE Champion right there!" and all I could think was "Bitch, where?"

Brand split essentially guarantees he's holding a world title someday. Best case is it's Finn'd and not acknowledged on air by commentary

gun_haver

IrM2TlJ.png

On the real, I can't wait until Ambrose beats Styles at Backlash, loses the belt at No Mercy through bs, loses the rematch through bs and then Styles loses the belt to Cena at the Rumble. I love knowing that online fans are upset with Ambrose, it's just funny. Most people think Owens or Styles are going to have long heel reigns lasting into WM without understanding they won't do that because they're both heel champs. Chances are, if both are heel champions, one's losing the belt in a few months. Y'all know for a fact that they aren't gonna give Styles a long run because he's the best wrestler in the company. They don't think like that. He's just gonna hold that belt until Cena comes back and then Cena will give it back to Ambrose in that Cena/Ambrose feud they teased some years ago. Styles ain't gonna duck Cena until WM no matter what fans want. Cena's not gonna be gone that long. Hell, we'll probably see a Styles/Orton/Ambrose match at the February ppv to see who faces Cena (Ambrose wins) and then that sets up Styles/Orton since Orton's said he wants to work with Styles but all of a sudden he's working with Wyatt now.

Ambrose is gonna be here pinning your favorites, holding your belts and being so wacky and it's going to be entertainment for us all. You can't stop him!

ZH0LB18.gif

all right tough guy, let's keep it to 3 or 4 straight shoots a post, pal.

Cagey

Banned
IrM2TlJ.png

tumblr_inline_obmwsiGp6x1t5oqcb_500.gif

blackaroni, beef...

...is this what we sound like to everyone else when we preach truth about Roman and Rusev and Ryback.

Help.

cordy

Banned
all right tough guy, let's keep it to 3 or 4 straight shoots a post, pal.
tumblr_inline_obmwsiGp6x1t5oqcb_500.gif

blackaroni, beef...

...is this what we sound like to everyone else when we preach truth about Roman and Rusev and Ryback.

Help.

IrM2TlJ.png

I'm just speaking that real.
I'm going to no mercy so I hope aj doesn't win the title until then, so I can mark out for it in person
Makes sense so they can extend the feud to 3 months. Ambrose wins Backlash, AJ wins the title at No Mercy, AJ wins the rubbermatch at what, Survivor Series. Afterward he'll enter a feud with someone else at TLC before Cena returns next year.

gun_haver

i think the problem is just we're so used to complaining about annoying booking that could have been more interesting, and the pushing of the less interesting guys, that now that since wrestlemania we've basically had a complete and utter upheaval (with a few exceptions, admittedly, like brock) of the previous booking rules, people are just so addicted to commenting on every little negative thing that you can interpret, that it all comes out and still sounds the same as it did before when pretty much everything has changed except we're still PG. when really what we should be saying, in full, is 'hm, another fairly interesting episode of WWE this week.'

but that's just not what watching wrestling as an adult is about.

rrc1594

i think the problem is just we're so used to complaining about annoying booking that could have been more interesting, the pushing of the less interesting guys that now that since wrestlemania we've basically had a complete and utter upheaval (with a few exceptions, admittedly, like brock) of the previous booking rules, people are just so addicted to commenting on every little negative thing that you can interpret, that it all comes out when really what we should be saying, in full, is 'hm, another fairly interesting episode of WWE this week.'

but that's just not what watching wrestling as an adult is about.

Hell no the right person won yesterday and it set up feuds for future. They say it's all about HHH when ironically they are the one's making it about HHH rather then seeing pass that. It's actually poetic.

cordy

Banned
Hell no the right person won yesterday and it set up feuds for future. They say it's all about HHH when ironically they are the one's making it about HHH rather then seeing pass that. It's actually poetic.

Tbh, I didn't even think it was about Trips more than Owens until I checked online. That moment to me was more of an Owens moment than anything.

ReiGun

Obviously the story implications for Trips are pretty big, but it was definitely KO's moment last night. I think everyone is just irritated at the possibility of more Authority stuff.

Brand split essentially guarantees he's holding a world title someday. Best case is it's Finn'd and not acknowledged on air by commentary

True. It's just irritating to see them acknowledge it without doing anything to build him up beyond saying he's gonna be champ at some point.

rrc1594

I hate in WWE when they throw stats at you" There has only been so and so % of people to win this match" Like motherfucker you controls the stats!

Top Bottom